It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Notice regarding Groom Lake/AREA 51 Status

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE

Department of the Air Force

Presidential Determination on Classified Information Concerning the Air Force's Operating Location Near Groom Lake, Nevada

AGENCY: Department of the Air Force, DOD.

ACTION: Notice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUMMARY: Notice is herby given that the President has exempted the USAF's operating location near Groom Lake, Nevada, from any Federal, State, interstate, or local provision respecting control and abatement of solid waste or hazardous waste disposal that would require the disclosure of classified information to any unauthorized persons.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATOIN CONTACT: Mr. W. Kipling At Lee Jr., Deputy General Counsel (Military Affairs), Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Washington DC 20330; Telephone (703)-695-5663

((Page 57634))

On September 20, 1999, the President exempted the Air Force's operating location near Groom Lake, Nevada, from any Federal, State, Interstate, or local provision respecting control and abatement of solid waste or hazardous waste sisposal that would require the disclosure of classified information concerning that operating location to any unauthorized person.

Therefore, the text of the Memorandum from the President to the Secretary of the Air Force is set forth below. Janet A. Long, Air Force Federal Register Liaison Officer.

The Secretary of the Air Force is authorized and directed to publish this determination in Federal Register. William J. Clinton

(FR Doc. 99-27866 Filed 10-25-99; 8:45 am) BILLING CODE 5001-05-P

"This is a real document just to let you know."

Regards,

Creamsoda

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Alright, i didnt understand any bit of that, so will someone explain?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
A few years back, some workers tried to sue for damages caused by handling nasty chemicals.

Which gave the lawyers right to discovery. Which the government didn't want to give.

So, if this document is real, the government exempted Area 51 from laws pertaining to nasty chemicals, and effectively took away the workers right to documents necessary to pursue a lawsuit.

But I marvel at all the spelling errors in a legal document. They would effectively render it null and void. Are they scanning errors, or is the forger an atrocious speller?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Its a Top Secret document basically saying that they are supposed to deny all Aircraft Research into Area51...read it two times..it took me that long lol.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
sounds to me like they are about to start testing with some nasty chemicals... or biological agents

dsc.discovery.com...

and i couldnt find the article i was looking for. It was about the goverement funding a new bioweapons program. It was on atsnn awhile back... ill ask my biology teacher tomorrow to give me a copy of it (it was my "science in the news" articel a few weeks back)

[edit on 9-2-2005 by ebolazebra]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
As far as I know, this info has been pretty well known and covered for a few years. It's nothing new....

Cameron

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Alright, thanks Cam. I thought was new stuff.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Oh,yeah,I get it.Kinda puzzles me when I read it at first.

Anyways,isn't that a natural thing to do.I mean you go into a military base fill with new stuffs that has never been seen by the public and you as the government surely would want them to keep their mouth shut right?that's what I'll do.

By the way,if the document is indeed real,then the government is hiding something from the public but we don't know what.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is amazing, i never thought the government would sink that low, as it seems they have, They should all burn in hell

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean. guys. But I thought you Yanks had a Freedom of Information Act.

I understand that the Spook-In-Chief would want his super-secret base to be kept under wraps and obviously he has good reason to.

BUT, by acknowledging that something exists when hitherto he, she or it was denying anything exists in the first place, then surely that is a point in law that could and should be explored.

These workers have rights under international as well as domestic law and surely they can now proceed under International Human Rights Legislation.

Obviously as a Brit, we come under Health & Safety Legislation but that is something we borrowed from you Yanks. The way I look at the problem is this:

1. In the past, these people worked at a top secret, maximum security establishment and that base for obvious reasons, did not exist;

2. If the base did not exist, then the people working there, worked on projects that also did not exist and, to all intents and purposes did not handle any toxic materiels - because they too, did not exist.

3. However, by exempting Area 51 or Groom Lake or whatever from Federal, State, Interstate, or local provision respecting control and abatement of solid waste or hazardous waste sisposal, the President is admitting publicly that something is there;

4. If something is there, but the President feels that it cannot be held to account over its actions, then perhaps the people working there should consider taking legal action to maintain their human rights against the companies that employ them.

5. If enough workers make a stand, surely some good will come out of this business.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This was one of the greatest cover-ups in US History. It's from around the time Robert Frost, a sheet-metal worker at Area 51 died from a mysterious illness linked to toxic-poisioning, and others who remain unknown, were getting very sick out there.

In what I can only describe as Bill Clinton's slickest act of undermining US law, the president created a law that the DoD could use to hide from other laws.

Twisted isn't it?

Tim

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Area 51 workers were illegally burning off the reminents of the stealth coatings. They couldn't ship it off the base cause someone might have somehow obtained these waste products and gained insight into what they're composed of. They filled huge oil drums (I think) and would burn them right into the atmosphere....(Idiots...) polluting the skies freely. After a couple people died and many more got sick, they tried to sue area51, but since it didn't officially exist, they denied it. They actually won the lawsuit, and area51 has to have check-ups on how they dispose the waste properly. They supposably built these drums on the wind receiving side of the base, so the poisonous air would lurk over the base, which the workers called "The london fog." I'm sure they still burn it off anyways since they are exempt from all environmental laws..Thank Bill Clinton for that one.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by Freezer]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Actually, no one knows what the material was. That was one of the main points of the case as the workers didn't know what they were being exposed to. They still don't (the ones still living anyway) but were only given the satisfaction of the material not being burned in a manner and where it would affect the workers.

top topics

join