It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Please Explain Exactly what Alt-Right and Ctrl-Left Mean?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Aren't most people just Right / Left or Moderate?

Most people with not too many synapses misfirings going on between their ears tend to be a little bit of all three to some degree or other, depending on the umpteen million different circumstances happening thoughout this thing called life.

Very few human beings fit nice and neatly into any one singular pigeonhole at all times.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I found out today that i'm alt-right.
I think.
I think I was a SJW yesterday.
Labels change just like the distractions and divisions.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
The "Ctrl-Left" is some s# made up by people who were confused about what "Alt-Right" was and thought they might be Alt-Right because they knew Hillary was against it and they were constantly coming into contact with Alt-Right folks like Matt Forney and Brittany Pettibone on Twitter in #MAGA trending topics and through the likes of Cernovich, Baked Alaska, Posobiec, Milo, Breitbart News, etc.

Ctl-Left is a stick in the eye quasi-joke at leftists who need to create some massive boogeyman for their straw arguments.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

That's super cool. We didn't invent the Alt-Right. What part of that are you unable to process?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

That's super cool. We didn't invent the Alt-Right. What part of that are you unable to process?

Whatever, you've mass-produced the label to basically slap on half the country as needed wherever you found it.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Metallicus

Who is Alt-Right? Who is Ctrl-Left??

Mostly jerkoffs.

You're on fire today buddy

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

In both cases, primarily just angry young men. It's really nothing new.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

a reply to: DBCowboy[/b

Are you two an item?

You are always together .... close together, in many ways.

just curious.

Apologies OP for off topic

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

I had to look them as well as a few other terms up. I hate labeling and I can't see how anyone can fit all they believe or side with under any single one of the labels.

They cant that's why politics are so convoluted. You can't mix a bunch of separate groups representing multiple sub groups and clump them into 2 groups and expect it to make sense.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Are you two an item?

He's my sock puppet.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Not sure because the definitions change daily.

Just accept that you're a racist if you want free speech.

You're a racist if you don't want statues torn down or books burned.

It makes life so much easier.

I don't think that is true, that is your interpretation, whether read or learned.

However, I would think it truer to say free speech comes with responsibility, if you negate it you risk creating negative labels, there is always a way to express yourself responsibly without compromising your beliefs or what you wish to convey.

Statues...well those bad boys have stood for ages, they are a part of history, a history which should be remembered, however to people they mean different things.

If you look upon a statue as positive there will always be an opposing number who see it as an affront, whichever way you view it people will label, cognitive misery is rife amongst humans....its how they make sense of the world around them.

Books are the same.

However for me, I see a post riddled with sensationalism, reducing opposition of their views to oversimplified conclusions.

You can say and think as you like, how you are interpreted is entirely at the discretion of the person interpreting.

You post does you a disservice when you know full well nothing is black and white, there are various shades of grey too.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Alt-Right = A really big paintbrush

Ctrl+left = A really big paintbrush

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
They are both labels being used to create and sustain infighting between the people so that the people won't come together against those who are really running the show in my opinion.
edit on 8/15/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Are you two an item?

He's my sock puppet.

So does he sit at your feet ...or on your knee?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Are you two an item?

He's my sock puppet.

No I'm not.

(apologies, you know I am)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Dear Lord ... You're Mr. Hat.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

The "Ctrl-Left" is some s# made up by people who were confused about what "Alt-Right" was and thought they might be Alt-Right because they knew Hillary was against it and they were constantly coming into contact with Alt-Right folks like Matt Forney and Brittany Pettibone on Twitter in #MAGA trending topics and through the likes of Cernovich, Baked Alaska, Posobiec, Milo, Breitbart News, etc.

Ctl-Left is a stick in the eye quasi-joke at leftists who need to create some massive boogeyman for their straw arguments.

This is where America and the UK differ so much, over here it is the right who create the bogeyman, the crisis, as a way of control, to my mind they use it to keep the populace fearful of making any change...works for a while.

The left just like to nanny and mollycoddle, though they do so with transparency, the right over here however control by stealth, before you know it certain liberties are lost along with your income.

Funny how two opposing sides can behave so differently based upon geography, though I'm sure a right wing view from the UK would produce a different slant to what I have, nevertheless I would stand by there being great differences between the two countries vs which side of the political divide you may be.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

More like Mr. Slave.

*Jesuth Christ!*

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No. That would be your butthurt. You heard Clinton call people deplorables, you saw a stupid explainer about the Alt-Right and the lot of you almost overnight launched the "we're deplorables!" pity party.

I watched many of you right here on ATS assume the label yourselves because you just figured it was some pejorative made up to insult Trump supporters and you didn't want to acknowledge the reality that, particularly on social media, Trumpworld was lousy with white nationalists.

"THEY'RE CALLING US RACISTS AGAIN!" (insert fingers in ears)

It was your own need to self-victimize coupled with the constant exposure to the Alt-Right, thanks to Trump's troll army, that had Trump supporters assuming they must be part of the Alt-Right.

Do you need me to start citing examples of your own peer group running back to ATS from /Pol/, /The_Donald/, Twitter, etc and pushing content from the Alt-Right on you? Here's one right here. There's two links to Alt-Right personalities right in that OP with 79 flags.

"There's some good stuff" blah blah, link to Matt Forney. Here's Matt Forney with Milo:

Here's Matt Forney speaking at an Identitarian conference in Sweden:

Matt Forney is a white nationalist. Leftists didn't put that link in front of you. Leftists didn't encourage you to follow a white nationalist on Twitter without telling you what you were getting into. That was your own peer group. Stop blaming other people. Take some responsibility and stop being suckers.

The other link in that OP is to "The Ralph Retort," the blog of Ethan Ralph, a #GamerGate neckbeard who isn't *quite* an Alt-Righter because when you're that guy, you have to keep your options open. He's more "Alt-Light" but he'll happily steer you to proper Alt-Righters.

Not the Left. It was your deep seated need to be victims and a cadre of opportunistic douche bags who kept pushing the fringe in your face. MAGA! MAGA! MAGA! PEPE! PEPE! MAGA! MAGA! DANK MEMES!

It's really quite simple. Instead of the bunch of you having pity parties like this one, you could just take 10 minutes to figure out what's going on and stop associating yourself with white nationalists and the like.
edit on 2017-8-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

The alt-right, or alternative right, is a loosely defined group of people with far-right ideologies who reject mainstream conservatism in favor of white nationalism, principally in the United States, but also to a lesser degree in Canada and Europe.[1][2][3][4] Paul Gottfried is the first person to use the term "alternative right", when referring specifically to developments within American right-wing politics, in 2008.[5] The term has since gained wide currency with the rise of the so-called "alt-right". White supremacist[6] Richard Spencer coined the term in 2010 in reference to a movement centered on white nationalism, and has been accused by some media publications of doing so to excuse overt racism, white supremacism, and neo-Nazism.[1][7] The term drew considerable media attention and controversy during and after the 2016 US presidential election.

IF you voted for Trump because you're a white nationalist who rejects mainstream conservatism, you're a member of the alt-right. If the articles of Breitbart and Alex Jones appeal to you, you're probably a member of the alt-right.

ALT-LEFT is just a term that the right launched at the left to try to turn the tables. Sort of like, "I know you are, but what am I."

For some reason, the alt-right is really fond of this tactic even though it makes them look silly. Sort of like what they did with the term FAKE NEWS.

edit on 15-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join