It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About time:Google & GoDaddy rescind terrorist organzation websites.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So much capitalization.

K~

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

It achieved nothing.

It's only going to turn the net in to a version of inception.

A site within a site that mirrors the darknet/darkweb.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow

originally posted by: GuidedKill

Simple fact is people are OK with this as long as it serves their agenda.. While I don't like a majority of the messages these groups put out, I really don't like someone censuring any message as it is not what this country was founded on...

If anyone is OK with this type of censorship then you are one step away from 1984....

This is not censorship. Those alt-right members are perfectly welcome to set up their own private servers and host their own site. A company is not beholden by law to serve them with space to spew hatred. Censorship would be if the government suddenly enacted an amendment that stated alt-right leaning individuals would no longer be allowed to meet up, speak out, or share an ideology, and, if they did so, immediate jail time. Last time I checked, there is no such law banning any private company from accepting their business.

They still have freedom of speech. They just have to find a venue that's willing to take their money.

So what's the difference between these two? Are they not a private company as well? Who's to say the web hosts aren't discriminating on these people based off their views?

Court Rules Bakery Illegally Discriminated Against Gay Couple

“Being denied service by Masterpiece Cakeshop was offensive and dehumanizing especially in the midst of arranging what should be a joyful family celebration,” said Mullins. “No one should fear being turned away from a public business because of who they are. We are grateful to have the support of our community and our state, and we hope that today’s decision will help ensure that no one else will experience this kind of discrimination again in Colorado

LINK

I'm interested in hearing the logic on this one....

edit on 15-8-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I guess public accommodation is soooo last year now.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

Neo-Nazi site down after Google, GoDaddy cut registration

The efforts by GoDaddy Inc, Alphabet Inc’s Google and several other firms that said they stopped providing services to Daily Stormer are part of broad moves by the tech industry to more actively police online hate speech and incitements to violence.

It's about time they started to take the terrorist like threats of violence from the alt-right/nazi groups seriously.
How many more acts of terrorism from the right need to take place before people realize these foul individuals wish to wage war on America & it's values.

K~

While I'm sure I don't agree with websites message that was taken down I disagree more with censorship and the erosion of the 1st amendment...

As others have pointed out.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I guess public accommodation is soooo last year now.

First they came for the flags and I said nothing.

Then they came for the statues and I said nothing.

Now they came for the speech, and no one could hear me.

What will they come for next?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

No you're not, otherwise you wouldn't have made the vile comparison of equating gay individuals with nazis.

Typing is an action.

"and ye shall know them by their works"

K~

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

The efforts by GoDaddy Inc, Alphabet Inc’s Google and several other firms that said they stopped providing services to Daily Stormer are part of broad moves by the tech industry to more actively police online hate speech and incitements to violence.

It's about time they started to take the terrorist like threats of violence from the alt-right/nazi groups seriously.
How many more acts of terrorism from the right need to take place before people realize these foul individuals wish to wage war on America & it's values.

K~

While I'm sure I don't agree with websites message that was taken down I disagree more with censorship and the erosion of the 1st amendment...

There is nothing "private" about Google.

as others have pointed out....Do you really believe they are not one in the same??

Care to point out the difference in discrimination between the cake maker and the web hosting companies??

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

It's business, not censorship. If I had a web hosting company, I would dump alt-right sites like a hot potato. Let another hosting company take their dirty money. Now is the time to choose a side, and it's encouraging to see so many businesses standing against neo-Nazis and white supremacists.

Why stop there. Refuse them the right to vote, drive on freeways... hell why not put them in camps, and then ovens?

I mean since they are so evil and all. In fact everyone that disagrees with your our they viewpoint should also go into ovens. Or all least start bombing their countries.... oh, nevermind.

In fact everyone who pays taxes to the gubment so they can build bombs to use against other nations should also go into ovens.

Take the log out of your own eye.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

No you're not, otherwise you wouldn't have made the vile comparison of equating gay individuals with nazis.

Typing is an action.

"and ye shall know them by their works"

K~

They are both beliefs...I personally don't agree with either one but I will defend their right to free speech and against discrimination....

Care to explain how you are ok with this just cause it serves your agenda?? Care to explain how one is discrimination and the other isn't???

Like I said I don't agree with Nazi's or homosexuals for that matter....However I also don't agree with the hypocrisy being displayed here as well....

Sad when ATS motto has gone from deny ignorance to promote ignorance.....At least that's what I see from the members here.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

K~

as others have pointed out....Do you really believe they are not one in the same??

Care to point out the difference in discrimination between the cake maker and the web hosting companies??

You're bring the gay cake thing into this? LMAO.

Moving the goalposts much?

One is a civil rights/discrimination issue, the other is not. One is a hate group, the other is not. One is a facility that accommodates the public, therefore must abide by anti-discrimination laws, the other is a company that operates with it's own terms and conditions for use, to which those who use it agree, like ATS.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

It's business, not censorship. If I had a web hosting company, I would dump alt-right sites like a hot potato. Let another hosting company take their dirty money. Now is the time to choose a side, and it's encouraging to see so many businesses standing against neo-Nazis and white supremacists.

Why stop there. Refuse them the right to vote, drive on freeways... hell why not put them in camps, and then ovens?

I mean since they are so evil and all. In fact everyone that disagrees with your our they viewpoint should also go into ovens. Or all least start bombing their countries.... oh, nevermind.

In fact everyone who pays taxes to the gubment so they can build bombs to use against other nations should also go into ovens.

The way things are going these days with all the SJW and such makes me think the extreme left would have made great Nazi's....They would happily march everyone who disagrees with them to the gas chamber...

Sad when they are so blinded by their hatred.....Exactly the tactics Hitler used to unite a Germany behind his atrocious beliefs..

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

K~

You're bring the gay cake thing into this? LMAO.

Moving the goalposts much?

One is a civil rights/discrimination issue, the other is not. One is a hate group, the other is not. One is a facility that accommodates the public, therefore must abide by anti-discrimination laws, the other is a company that operates with it's own terms and conditions for use, to which those who use it agree, like ATS.

Moving the goal posts huh?? So one group has civil rights and the other doesn't? All groups and beliefs are afforded the protections under law...You can't pic and chose which one is hatful or not just because you disagree with one...

What if I personally disagreed with the Gay movement and saw them as a hate group against straight people?? How can you not see the obvious logic here??

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Sad when ATS motto has gone from deny ignorance to promote ignorance

So then

K~

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Sad when ATS motto has gone from deny ignorance to promote ignorance

So then

K~

right back at ya.....Keep on discriminating against those who don't agree with you!! Sure it's gonna work out great for our Country!!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

.Exactly the tactics Hitler used to unite a Germany behind his atrocious beliefs..

Brown shirts used to go undercover, showing up at Hitler rallies and starting trouble outside the hall where he was speaking, then the Nazis would rush out and 'put down' the uprising, acting as saviors. Reminds me of Trump rallies.

I heard someone else describe what happened in Virginia as a movement to "Unite the Right".

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Thank you I will, my grandfather discriminated against nazis in WW II, I'd like to carry on the tradition.

Hell, it's one of Americas finest moments in history when we discriminated against nazis.

K~

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

So one group has civil rights and the other doesn't? All groups and beliefs are afforded the protections under law...You can't pic and chose which one is hatful or not just because you disagree with one...

What if I personally disagreed with the Gay movement and saw them as a hate group against straight people?? How can you not see the obvious logic here??

No one is picking and choosing; Gays aren't a hate group, period. And, as a whole aren't trying to discriminate against or deny rights to other groups.

You're missing the point. If a a white supremacist was denied a service in a physical place of public accommodation, such as refused to be served in a restaurant, bakery, etc, just because he is a white supremacist, that would be discrimination and he could likely win a case, just like it is discrimination against gays, blacks, and minority groups.

A hosting company with its own terms and conditions is completely different because no one has the legal right to render services from said company unlike a physical place of public accommodation.

How can you not see the obvious difference here?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

A business has no power over the right to vote or drive on freeways. That's a moot point. A business does have the right to decide what gets published on its servers. And I'm glad of that, as a small business owner myself.

And, it's a stretch to leap from canceling a hosting contract to putting someone in a concentration camp, much less an oven. And what a strange camp that would be -- a blog farm with a bunch of aggrieved white supremacists with forlorn looks on their faces. Can you imagine bloggers mewling, "Why won't anyone host us? Everyone is so mean."

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Thank you I will, my grandfather discriminated against nazis in WW II, I'd like to carry on the tradition.

Hell, it's one of Americas finest moments in history when we discriminated against nazis.

K~

Wow really? We didn't fight the war to discriminate....We fought because they discriminated....The same thing you are apparently supporting.....You support discrimination, well only when it aligns with your personal views.

Thanks for clarifying....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join