It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the North Korea crisis over or not?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Ya gotta remember one thing: the Korean war never ended.. we are still there at the boarder after 50yrs. Grandpa made threats, and Daddy made threats... and now Baby Kim will as well.

Having nukes now is the only difference... but the threats won't stop... I've been hearing them all these years over and over..

In a nutshell... to use nukes is Kim saying "I want to die" and destroy my own country... Which he knows he won't do with nothing to gain.

Nothing in it for N. K. and him except death. He'll be making more and more threats... just get used to them.... and no worries...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You have been sucked into the media fear cycle, they were reporting here in oz that Kimmie could send a missile and hit us too, while we were being reminded that we are American allies and will be fighting alongside our American brothers if Kimmi attacks.

You really believe that?

Fear, fear and more fear. It's a psyop.

Do I believe that Kim can send a missile to CONUS? Absolutely. Alternate news sites reported it first.....and I suspected that once mainstream outlets did likewise, those first reports were correct.

Then the gov't owned up to it. They even said those missiles can survie re-entry.

I don't live in fear. I know where I'm going should the worst happen. I just think everyone needs to be ready for what's coming.

It would be unwise to let our guard down now.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

I agree that the conflict is not over.

I also think that in this case, it looks like Trumps bellicose strategy may have worked; Kim Jong Un blinked.

It was a risky move. But again, I don't think that we're done.

War with NK within 2 years.

I agree with your post except for one thing.....imo the timeframe for an eventual war with NK will be within months (if not sooner).

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Why would you even ask if its over? I mean as long as NKorea has nukes, and can hit the U.S. its not over. Just because its been calm for a few days, doesn't mean we are not on the brink of a storm. The only way to avoid war, is talking, and I don't see kim and don doing that.

The US will have to do something to permanently neutralize this threat or war will come. Those satellites have to be taken down, for starters. Kim should be forced to give up his wmd's (won't happen). He should be arrested for crimes against humanity and tried in an international court (this won't happen either).

I guess that the reason I asked if it's over or not is all the conflicting reports out there, some of which has to be disinfo. He backed down from attacking Guam but as far as I know, the submarine missile test is still on. Then another report claimed there would be a mobile missile test.

Which is it - submarine based or mobile? Or both?

Didn't Trump or Mattis (or whoever) claim that even if NK has a test launch they'd be attacked?

I just wish the media would get its narratives straight.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Seriously, how can the fattest guy in the entire country just disappear??? I mean you would be able to see him in a thermal cam standing in the middle of a million people....

Just look for the hot blob between the sticks..

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I know people think that Kim would have to be suicidal to attack, but they forget that he is calculating, nuts and evil.

Kim lives in the lap of luxury while his people starve and are mistreated.

Kim has ordered the execution of many people in a variety of ways, including members of his family.

Kim has ordered public executions in a variety of places, including school yards!

I remember Kim's father. He would spout off every now and then for attention. But Lil' Kim seems bound and determined to back up his numerous threats with real wmd's including nukes, chemical and bio weapons.

If he didn't mean it, Kim wouldn't have put so much into his wmd programs.

No one should have to "get used to" threats of nuclear annihilation.

He needs to be dealt with now. Without sanctions or diplomacy, which just doesn't work.

They didn't with Iran, and look where we are now.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

edit on 15-8-2017 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Any word on if Kim Jong showed up for the first day of the party and festivities? (I don't recall the name of the holiday.)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
I don't think it's messed up to defend ourselves. You'd be singing a different tune if Lil' Kim decided to EMP us. Wouldn't it be prudent to remove what is probably the most immediate threat to the U.S. while it's possible?

Attacking them first is not defending ourselves.

I do not support preemptively starting wars. You're right, I would feel differently if we were attacked first. I do believe in self defense and if we were attacked we would be well within our rights to respond.

But you're talking about attacking them first. That's not the same thing. I abhor anyone calling for violence and death (in most situations) if it can be avoided.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Any word on if Kim Jong showed up for the first day of the party and festivities? (I don't recall the name of the holiday.)

I read somewhere (can't remember the website or I'd post it here), that Kim re-appeared just before NK announced it would back off Guam.

NK has alot of holidays, don't they? Didn't they have one about a month ago?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

He needs to be dealt with now. Without sanctions or diplomacy, which just doesn't work.

That is simply not an option for many reasons. Not the least that China has made it clear that they would defend NK in the event of a first-strike by the United States. For that reason alone, you can't just arbitrarily strike at NK with the hopes of preventing a future problem with them.

And sanctions do work. Why do you think NK is being so cranky right now? The U.N. basically sent NK to bed without supper. 1/3rd of their income for a year is pretty huge. Regardless of whatever black market or illicit dealings they have, that loss of revenue will be a huge blow to them. We don't need to jump to first-strike war as the -only- possible solution here.
edit on 16-8-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I read somewhere (can't remember the website or I'd post it here), that Kim re-appeared just before NK announced it would back off Guam.

Yes they do have a lot of them. I assume that most of them are military or Jong family in nature. Well, if Kim is back in the public eye, that means the CIA didn't bump him off...darnit.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
If President Obama had caused North Korea to back down, like President Trump did, the Media wouldn't be able to praise Obama enough! But if you look around, there's no media praise for President Trump's effective firm stand.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

...and just how do you propose to "deal" with him?

South Korea has unequivocally said "Nu-uh, no time soon, are you attacking North Korea." Or words to that effect.

How many South Koreans are you willing to condemn to the horrors of war on a maybe he will, or a he might? How many Japanese?

If he does attack, he dies. He knows this. He's playing a game of brinksmanship, and unfortunately, our "leadership" is playing right into his hands...and have for the past decade plus.

Time to ignore the yappy little midget. Wait 'til he actually does something before we "deal" with him, and possibly kill millions.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

That is true. Korea is always throwing threats. Maybe it's like a sort of defense thing. Kind of like the whole "crazy kid" act. You know, so no one will try to fight him because they think he is psycho. Maybe Korea is attempting to use the same concept. Act crazy on edge all the time and the rest of the world will be afraid to cross them. Seems like it could be strategy...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The NK production line of nukes and ICBM continues. Kim winning.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

I wouldn't call losing a billion in trade this year due to sanctions winning. If he continues to be stupid however, his country will sink even further into starvation and poverty.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

August 15 is a dual holiday for SK and NK for Victory Over Japan in 1945

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The only losers from this media war on North Korea will be the EU !
Attempting to get the US at war against North Korea is at a dead end, because that would lead to total war with Russia and China, and the US cannot even hope to survive such confrontation let alone win.

I told the Euro#ers in 1996-1997 what had to be done ...

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Over???

Far From it. This the first highly political N. Korean situation, involving so many Countries since the division of the Korean Peninsula into North and South.

This game is just beginning...

Des

Spot on Brit

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join