It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College: Normal-Sized Seats Are a Microaggression

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
if only they did this with airplane seats, which keep getting smaller and smaller. the bathrooms seem shorter in a plane as well.

anyone ever ride a train from nyc to dc? the train seats are so big!

lets say plane seats are microagressive lol. this is one sjw garbage endaevor i can get behind if we get nicer airplane flights.

Seriously, airplane economy seats are where the real fight should be, but these selfish SJW's can't see the bigger picture, it's all about me and the seats in "my" class.

But airplane economy seats are often times too small for people who are nowhere near obese. I'm 6', about 185 lbs, and can't keep me knees directly in front of me in most economy seats, especially if the a-hole in front of me reclines their seat. Given I fly CA---> Germany quite often, it's brutal. I pretty much have to sit there spread eagle for 11 hours or stand in the back and stretch for half the flight.

And I have it far better than anyone who's 6'2", 6'3", etc, or even people who are carrying just a few extra lbs, maybe 195, 200, 210. I'm not talking obese people here. I'm talking people who can easily fit into college seats/desks but get little respect in airline cattle class.

And taking it further, for decades people have fit into this college seats. They haven't suddenly shrunk. If you suddenly can't, problem is likely you. Own that problem. However airlines cattle class seats are intentionally getting smaller and smaller. And if people say flying is a choice, no it's not. We live in a global world where family/business requires travel over distances which can't be done in cars.

Something tells me these SJW students who cry about college seats won't say a peep when they fly in much smaller seats which is 100% intentional for profit by the airline industry. So looking big picture, they really aren't that concerned with the true victims of small seats, they just pick the easiest target to cry about, colleges, with their bands of SJW friends behind them with a very self-centered approach to it all.
edit on 12-8-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: seasonal

Anyone can check my posting history re these college absurdities,but your first example of a micro aggression is not well chosen.If i was a black girl/woman and someone said that to me i'd most likely slap them upside the head so hard they'd leave a dent in the pavement.That is a straight up racist insult.

I actually agree with you there.

I've always thought the "he's so well spoken" comment, often aimed at black athletes and never towards white athletes, is racist.

Most claims of racism aren't racist, but that is. No one says Tom Brady or Peyton Manning are well spoken. But I see it all the time with black athletes as if it's not expected or somehow, they get a pat on the back for being well spoken. And it's always a white commentator saying it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: introvert

How did these snowflakes find their way out of the womb?

Life needs one of those signs like at the carnival rides, if you don't measure up to this line you cannot ride. Now get the fk out of the way, go cry on an elephant ear dipped in cotton candy fatty two stumps, people are waiting to go have fun.

Careful what you wish for. You may be one of those that would not be fit to ride.

Calling it now, you just hurled a nano aggression, the freckled albino kid brother of micro.

Nothing nano about it.

I'm saying you may be one of those that may not be worth pushing out.

But you would support that, right?

So in other words, those that do not conform to the progressive snowflake programming are "deplorables" to you?

No. You said yourself there should be a "measurement" nature uses to decide who should make it in to this world. It is not unreasonable to suggest that you may not have met that standard yourself.

Someone who would suggest such a "measurement" is obviously not quite right. You may not have made it on this ride.
edit on 12-8-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Yea, well........wait till they try to fit in an airline seat! That's more than a micro aggression! Its an outright assault on humanity!.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Dear God, you only have to read some of these comments to understand there is absolutely aggression towards overweight people.

So if a kid is paralyzed from something stupid like driving too fast, the school shouldn't have to accommodate his wheelchair - it's his own fault, right?

I once had to give up my seat on a flight to accommodate a seeing eye dog. Should I have inquired whether the person was blind because of something they did?

You can debate whether being fat is someone fault but what does that really matter? People come in all shapes and sizes. I wouldn't want a seven foot kid to have a desk that's uncomfortable. You aren't taking anything from the skinny person.

Let's face it you don't want seats for overweight people because you get your jollies off of humiliating people Just look at these comments.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

It isn't the fact that the seat doesn't fit, that has been going on since modern manufacturing and one size fits all.

It is that it is deemed as a microaggression. It is as simple as you don't fit. A chair cannot show aggression toward a person.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

But schools not adjusting their seats to match the current student size is aggression.

It's like they want to punish the students for being fat.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Depends on what adjusting means.

There are those who will not fit into a reasonable seat.

I don't think this is a punishment, more of a logistical issue with large people. No more than a car, bus or a plane.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ventian

Also, when did it go from unisex to all gender?

"Unisex" is a micro-aggression against those who are unable to go to university.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Once you've outgrown the furniture, it's time to take a stand.

Or at least take a jog every morning.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

What's more of an insult? Giving everybody regular skool desk-seats, or designating some Lay-Z-Boys for overweight students?

Damn if you do, damned if you don't. There will be endless piss and moans well into the year 2525

Get ride of individual desks and make one or several large C shaped benches with a table in the center.
Or redesign every desk in every school in america. Those desks are from the 40-50s it's time they were
changed anyway. I would rather my tax money go to making students comfortable and less detracted
while they learn than I would for it to build more prisons or make more bombs.

Bahaha ok sure.

Might as well dole out the bean bag chairs and bongos too. Higher education too stressful? Hell, choose your own grades and bring your own bud!

Screw microaggressions. I'm bringing regular-sized aggression back to the round table.

edit on 12-8-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I'm sure if they provided wider chairs to cater to the amply endowed and wide of girth students, the skinny ones would then cry foul over something too.
What about other establishments, cafe's, bars, cinemas etc? Surely they too must be made to comply and cater to the lard arsed to avoid any chance of a micro, or in this case, maxi aggression?

Where does it all end I wonder?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
I'm sure if they provided wider chairs to cater to the amply endowed and wide of girth students, the skinny ones would then cry foul over something too.
What about other establishments, cafe's, bars, cinemas etc? Surely they too must be made to comply and cater to the lard arsed to avoid any chance of a micro, or in this case, maxi aggression?

Where does it all end I wonder?

If they cater to fat people and increase the seat sizes I want to only pay for one seat when both me and my skinny assed girlfriend visit the cinemas and only need one seat.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
Dear God, you only have to read some of these comments to understand there is absolutely aggression towards overweight people.

So if a kid is paralyzed from something stupid like driving too fast, the school shouldn't have to accommodate his wheelchair - it's his own fault, right?

I once had to give up my seat on a flight to accommodate a seeing eye dog. Should I have inquired whether the person was blind because of something they did?

You can debate whether being fat is someone fault but what does that really matter? People come in all shapes and sizes. I wouldn't want a seven foot kid to have a desk that's uncomfortable. You aren't taking anything from the skinny person.

Let's face it you don't want seats for overweight people because you get your jollies off of humiliating people Just look at these comments.

Not all colleges have enough room in a classroom or lecture hall to double the seat size. At what point should we stop sizing up the seats? It would cost a TON to comfortably seat all the fat people even if the classroom was just tables and chairs. A classroom of 30 would be reduced in size, there would be fewer opportunities for students to get into a class, it's stupid.

I've been in classrooms where there are 300 lbs. people. They didn't bitch or complain, and they didn't take away learning opportunities or money from the school. if you are morbidly obese, buy your own chair.

I in no way get my jollies off on insulting fat people. I feel terrible for them, and think they have a mental problem. That doesn't mean that you get to pretend everything is hunky dory and ruin the learning environment for everyone else because you're too fat to sit down in a regular sized seat. You don't get to call people fat racists because you are making terrible life choices. If someone frequently stopped taking their meds and went crazy in class, is it a micro aggression to ask they not return or leave?

Pretty soon we're going to have fat people toilets, fat people seating in restaurants, normal size people paying for the extra pounds cars and mass transportation have to burn extra fuel to move... I'm betting pretty soon some obese person is going to sue over the gas tax since their vehicle needs more fuel to move them than a a skinny person in the same vehicle.

We shouldn't be mean or abusive to fat people, but we shouldn't let them become the next protected class. Pretty soon some black person isn't going to get into college because a fatter black person has more victim points.

I'm tired of it. Own your fatness, the rest of the world isn't responsible.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

You think overweight people are mental? Ha ha ha. How overweight are you talking? Sometimes peoples' thyroids just suck.

Anyway I think skinny twig people are microaggressive towards my pleasant chunkiness

Where my double-wide safe space?

edit on 13-8-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Microaggressions. Haha

Basically people are getting offended, realize that they're getting offended about nothing, then spinning it to justify being offended. "I'm offended. I realize that it's about nothing, but how can I make this everyone else's fault?"

The few times people have told me that something I've said were "microaggressions", I've responded with "would you prefer macro aggression?"

<< 2  3  4   >>

join