It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition To Boycott NFL If Kaepernick Doesn’t Get Signed Goes Viral

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Sure ... Kaepernick isn't playing because of his politics the same way Daniel Sam isn't playing because he's gay.

If either of them was any good at what they did, they'd be playing just like Michael Vick was.

This is it, exactly. Vick getting caught running a dogfighting ring should have been the end of his NFL career. But he had talent, so the Eagles hired him. If Kaepernick had talent, he'd get signed. But he doesn't, so he's submitting applications at the local Walmarts

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Teams know he's toxic and he sucks.

Simple really.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

First he's not a good QB and imo a backup. Secondly, he lead a team to 1-15 season

Last he's a major distraction which no team wants with a back up QB

He can protest however he wants just be ready to lose your job especially if you didn't have a good season

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AazadanBelieve it or not, it's possible to enjoy a game without swearing a loyalty oath to your country before watching it. All the national anthem stuff at these games is utterly sick.

Playing the national anthem is a tradition. There's nothing wrong with it. It's one of the few things still allowed to exist without a few offended souls putting a stop to it. If there are 80,000 fans in the stadium and 79,900 stand up, take their cap off and put a hand over there heart, let them enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Dont let the door hit their ass on the way out.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I simply would not watch any game that he played in no matter what team he was on, even if it was my favorite team. Period.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: ketsuko
Last I checked, no one forces you to do anything at that time.

And you must really, really hate the Olympics because everyone has their flags and anthems played there!

Correct, so what's the issue if someone does something different during it?

Because a sports team is a TEAM. This is why uniforms are worn, to demonstrate uniformity. It's why terms like "WE win or lose as a team" exist. It is why team management generally provides a team meal before games. It isn't a venue for individualism aside from displaying your own physical talents. If the team is standing for the anthem, then every teammate had better by God stand or they're, by definition, no longer part of the team.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Shut The Football Up!
Nationalism is attached to our national sports because we, as a culture, honor winning. We play the anthem before every game to say to our troops fighting for our country "Hey, thank you. Here, we'll honor what you're fighting for, which is serious as a heart attack, before we play and watch this frivolity just to ensure that though we're allowing ourselves to get healthily distracted from the important issues of our nation for the next few hours, we're still keeping you in our minds and hearts."

That's utter hogwash. Not everything has to be in honor of the troops. Let a game people want to enjoy, just be a game. Politics and nationalism don't need to be brought into it.

Believe it or not, it's possible to enjoy a game without swearing a loyalty oath to your country before watching it. All the national anthem stuff at these games is utterly sick.
It's also possible to enjoy it while doing so. If you don't like it, don't go or watch. If Colin doesn't like it, he can find a new job. The people who pay his salary have spoken.

Just to be clear .. he has every right to do what he did .. and people have every right to not like it and want him gone.
edit on 9-8-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Where is the petition to boycott the NFL if KrapperNeck is signed?

That is the one I as well as the majority would be interested in.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
Where is the petition to boycott the NFL if KrapperNeck is signed?

That is the one I as well as the majority would be interested in.

It's why Colin has no job.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Considering people were threatening to boycott if he was signed I think it only fair that people threaten to boycott if he isn't signed. People on here can act like him not being signed is due to him being a bad QB but let's be fair that's BS. It was only four years ago that he led his team to the Super Bowl. And even his stats last season weren't terrible.

The fact is, the reason people don't want him on the team is due to his politics. I listen to a Baltimore radio station every day on the way to work. When it sounded like the Ravens might sign him every person that called in against the move mentioned his politics, not his play. Hell, there were people saying the Ravens would be better off signing RG3.

So feel free to oppose him being signed anywhere. Just be honest with your rationale though. He's something like the only Top 50 player that's a Free Agent right now. Is he the best? No. But he's better than pretty much anyone else on the market right now.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
He's not talented enough to warrant the drama.

Most people who would boycott the NFL over this aren't likely to be watching much football anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I don't watch. My point was to others who just wan to watch football. If that's all you want, then you're also saying what happens outside of that shouldn't matter. Yet this guy is being judged for his activity outside of the game itself.

He didn't take a knee outside the stadium.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
People on here can act like him not being signed is due to him being a bad QB but let's be fair that's BS. It was only four years ago that he led his team to the Super Bowl. And even his stats last season weren't terrible.

The fact is, the reason people don't want him on the team is due to his politics.

Kap's potential bounce out of the league long predates his political statements, though.
This was the incident which sparked Kaepernick's kneeling exercise: www.tmz.com... It was in early July of last year.

Late 2015 people were openly calling for the Niners to dump him, because of his failures as a player.
49ers.pressdemocrat.com...
bleacherreport.com...
www.profootballfocus.com...

The wheels came off the bus, man. Physically, he's regressed and continues to do so, mentally he's simply never grown. The only role his politics really plays in this is that it severely increases his already weighty downside, while his regression in skills and his total lack of leading his team to wins over the past 3 years reduces his upside. The promise of rewards in his case doesn't even come close to balancing out the risks of him imploding on the field and creating absolute chaos in the lockerroom. He's cancer.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
There was a rumor that he had an offer and turned it down. Not sure if this was true or not. That would sort of negate any petition from the get go though.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Truth is, there's always somebody boycotting the NFL but it never makes much of a difference. They're a monopoly after all.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

I don't watch. My point was to others who just wan to watch football. If that's all you want, then you're also saying what happens outside of that shouldn't matter. Yet this guy is being judged for his activity outside of the game itself.

He didn't take a knee outside the stadium.

So what. If you're there to watch football, then the rest of it shouldn't matter. Or are you saying you're there to watch people stand up for a National Anthem?

A game is just that, the pregame is just tradition.

I think the whole controversy is bollocks in the first place. If you're opposed to the message he's trying to send or the action, you should just ignore it. Only if you back his message should it be discussed and recemented in peoples minds.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Players have been known to have one, even two great years then fall off the cliff, so to speak.

That's precisely what's happened with Kaepernick. Doesn't mean he can't recapture whatever went wrong--though that seldom happens.

In baseball, Steve Trout went from a very good starting pitcher in the major leagues to out of the league in less than two seasons, because he lost the ability to throw it across the plate... Steve Sax, a fine fielding second baseman for the Dodgers lost for two seasons or so the ability to consistently throw it to first base...he regained it, but suffered bouts of it for the rest of his career--which wasn't very much longer as I recall.

This happens all the time.

His kneeling in protest plays a roll, indeed it does. But he was regressing prior to that. I'm a huge Seahawk fan, the niners are/were/will be again our arch-rivals...so I watch what they do closely--I saw the regression, which means the coaches and others in the organization saw it, too.

I got the impression that he doesn't work at his game, which coaches will notice right off the bat. Because he never learned defenses. Against my 'hawks, he consistently made the same mistakes, game in, game out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join