It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition To Boycott NFL If Kaepernick Doesn’t Get Signed Goes Viral

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's almost football (USA version) season again! My favorite time of year actually. It looks like SJW Colin Kaepernick is being picked on by the NFL.

Source: CBS Denver

As you may remember, Colin took a knee during the national anthem. Now it looks like he's being picked on by the league.

The group is criticizing the league for blackballing Kaepernick, speculating he’s unsigned because he’s viewed as a “distraction” for taking a knee last season in protest of racial inequality, something Goodell said is not happening while visiting Broncos headquarters last week.

Here is the quote from Colin last year:

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick said last season. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

That says it all doesn't it. "I am not going to stand to show pride..." What does he expect? The whole country behaves like San Francisco and Berkley snowflakes? This doesn't play well among us beer sipping redneck football fans!

I really don't have a problem with him protesting. In fact, I'm glad to see a successful, wealthy, individual would stand up for his race when he thinks there is injustice. What I don't like is that fact he is using the NFL to do it. Colin has enough star power that he could hold weekly town-hall meetings or something to educate people on what thinks is a problem. Write a book. Go on a tour during the off-season. Donate to a cause that aligns with your beliefs.

When you're paid an outrageous amount of money, go spend some of it to make your point. Don't use a football game as your soapbox.

If you want to boycott the NFL, do it because of the ridiculous amount of commercials.

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I watch football to watch football.

If I want social issues or panic or crowds and protests then I'll hold a door open for a lady.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That could very well be part of it. But only part. Some of it is also that he's not very good.

I can almost guarantee that if an NFL team thought that he was the missing ingredient for a superb owl winner, he'd be in camp, right now. Irregardless of the kneeling aspect of it.

The excuse sounds all very well and good, and it has a grain of truth to it, but there are, at the least, a couple other aspects to it, too.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I doubt that there will be more boycotting this year than there were last year during his display.

I think you are spot on about his right to protest, just not at his workplace. Same with all of us.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

lol.
I read spoke Lee was staging some sort of protest too... can't make this shat up

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
That could very well be part of it. But only part. Some of it is also that he's not very good.

I can almost guarantee that if an NFL team thought that he was the missing ingredient for a superb owl winner, he'd be in camp, right now. Irregardless of the kneeling aspect of it.

The excuse sounds all very well and good, and it has a grain of truth to it, but there are, at the least, a couple other aspects to it, too.

When all this started, I had the feeling he knew he was about to be cut. The conversation then changed from his abilities to him being 'punished' for his 'free speech'. I'm sure some of the unwillingness to sign him relates to his SJW history but, as you said, a team in need of a decent QB would take a chance on him if he was good enough and they were desperate enough.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

He's probably better than a lot of 2nd string QB's in the league. Remember, he had a fantastic rookie year and it sure looked like he was the up and coming super start. Last year he had a terrible year. I wonder how much of his new-found evangelism had something to do with his mental state and his desire to play at the highest level.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have no issue with Kaepernick not standing during the national anthem (even though I don't agree with his motivations because black people aren't the only ones being killed in the streets) but I think this is a dumb protest and will accomplish absolutely nothing.

If they don't want to watch football that's cool but millions of others will still be watching, me included.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

...a superb owl...

As a Mason we have a superb owl, we call him Moloch.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
He was such a great quarterback that the 49ers got rid of his butt.
The 49ers need a quarterback.

His talent isn't worth the baggage he brings with him.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The rallies and protest threats are exactly the reason he's not signed to an NFL team... he's a distraction. His skills aren't horrible, but they're not spectacular, either. They also don't have enough of an upside to make a team take on the mountain of down sides that come with him.

What's been lost in the distraction of him kneeling for the anthem is the fact that he was slumping badly. The Niners were 11 and 24 with him under center the past 3 seasons, 3-16 the past 2 season. The NFL is about one thing: winning. Winning starts with the QB, who is the team's field general in almost all cases. In 2016, he also blocked efforts to trade him from SF, refusing to renegotiate his contract... not a smart move for a losing, not progressing, and injury prone scrambling QB who had just had knee surgery and his throwing shoulder operated on.

There are many better options than Kap out there.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I seriously doubt the petition will do anything.
I certainly understand not hiring him (and I support his right to protest/free speech.)
Not every team wants the drama, most are there to play football.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
He's also a QB who only is good in a certain type of offensive scheme.

Not many teams are playing that way because.. well it doesn't work.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Remember, he had a fantastic rookie year and it sure looked like he was the up and coming super start. Last year he had a terrible year.

He didn't mature his game, which always leads to defensive coordinators figuring the player out. Rick Mirer and Tim Couch looked like stars their rookie seasons, too... both became slow rolling train wrecks.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
People forget that he was initial benched the year before because he actually sucked. He was on his way out in San Fran before he kneeled to get attention. Now he's seen as a liability because he not only doesn't perform well, he comes with unwanted controversy. Teams have no obligation to sign although, he should be signed on a practice squad at least to make these whiners happy.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So the Niner's are my team and if you take the social/race issues out of it, the bottom line is that Kap is just not that good.

He was a wonder when he first appeared upon the scene but the NFL adapts at lightning speed and he never could change his game or approach.

The NFL like ALL major sports has a tolerance/talent ratio. The more talent you have, the more tolerance teams will have for whatever you are doing, be it illegal or social protest. Kap is no longer that talented to waste a roster space on.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Rick Mirer? Who's he?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11
People forget that he was initial benched the year before because he actually sucked.

You're right, I do remember that. He got a start because of an injury by Alex Smith. But, he played well enough to keep the starting position.

Here's Colin's real problem - Nessa Diab

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

It's almost football (USA version) season again! My favorite time of year actually. It looks like SJW Colin Kaepernick is being picked on by the NFL.

Source: CBS Denver

As you may remember, Colin took a knee during the national anthem. Now it looks like he's being picked on by the league.

The group is criticizing the league for blackballing Kaepernick, speculating he’s unsigned because he’s viewed as a “distraction” for taking a knee last season in protest of racial inequality, something Goodell said is not happening while visiting Broncos headquarters last week.

Here is the quote from Colin last year:

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick said last season. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

That says it all doesn't it. "I am not going to stand to show pride..." What does he expect? The whole country behaves like San Francisco and Berkley snowflakes? This doesn't play well among us beer sipping redneck football fans!

I really don't have a problem with him protesting. In fact, I'm glad to see a successful, wealthy, individual would stand up for his race when he thinks there is injustice. What I don't like is that fact he is using the NFL to do it. Colin has enough star power that he could hold weekly town-hall meetings or something to educate people on what thinks is a problem. Write a book. Go on a tour during the off-season. Donate to a cause that aligns with your beliefs.

When you're paid an outrageous amount of money, go spend some of it to make your point. Don't use a football game as your soapbox.

If you want to boycott the NFL, do it because of the ridiculous amount of commercials.

Damn straight! This snowflake needs to go play football in Canada. I hear they love SJW's like himself. No oppression there, open borders and all!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

He's probably better than a lot of 2nd string QB's in the league. Remember, he had a fantastic rookie year and it sure looked like he was the up and coming super start. Last year he had a terrible year. I wonder how much of his new-found evangelism had something to do with his mental state and his desire to play at the highest level.

He started to crumble before this SJW crap. I agree with Seagull, he isn't any good. He had a freak break out year, probably more to do with an outstanding offense around him, and hasn't done diddly since.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join