It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition To Boycott NFL If Kaepernick Doesn’t Get Signed Goes Viral

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Rick Mirer? Who's he?

As I was typing that, I really considered sending you a PM apologizing for the PTSD his name would surely bring crashing back down on you. Meditate on the magnitude of Cortez Kennedy for 10 minutes and the bad thoughts will go away.**

**Or, better yet, start rooting for a real team like the Broncos and never have to think of the 80s and 90s Squawks again.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Cough Ryan Leaf cough

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...a superb owl...

As a Mason we have a superb owl, we call him Moloch.

LoL
oh man, i'm in tears here!!
nice one!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If Cleveland ever gets a football franchise he could always play for them.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Nope, all I have to do is remember a certain super bowl... 48-8, was it??

Much of Mirers issues related to the OL, or lack of same. Poor kid was shell shocked by the end of his second season.

'Tez was the man. Gentle giant who was a true gentleman.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If Cleveland ever gets a football franchise he could always play for them.

Oh, please. The NFL wont do that unless MLB gives them a team first.

edit on 8-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

Cough Ryan Leaf cough

Yeah, but he had like 2 good games. Mirer actually looked promising in the beginning, same as Kap. Kap may have been a bit beyond Mirer when he was thrown into the starting role after Smith's concussion mid season, whereas Mirer was in the role from day 1 his rookie year. Mirer never learned how to be an NFL QB and that made his skills adaptable for opposing defenses. I think the same argument can be made for Kaepernick.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Nope, all I have to do is remember a certain super bowl... 48-8, was it??

I still have a salsa stain on my carpet in front of the couch thanks to that game (or, rather the bad snap seconds into it... it's a blur after that play.)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Sure ... Kaepernick isn't playing because of his politics the same way Daniel Sam isn't playing because he's gay.

If either of them was any good at what they did, they'd be playing just like Michael Vick was.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

That's all right, man. My memories of the next years Superbowl are just as hazy...the last few seconds, anyway.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

That's all right, man. My memories of the next years Superbowl are just as hazy...the last few seconds, anyway.

I remember last year's too vividly. The city still isn't over the loss to NE.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

This is one of the stupidest thing I ever heard.

They should make everyone who supports this buy season tickets or have to buy or go to at least one of the games. Then maybe reality.

On paper Kap is a better pick than many other qb's out there and better pick than Cutler in my book. However to many people whether you agree or not will let the disrespect hit home and none of the publicity would be good for your organization.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

That could very well be part of it. But only part. Some of it is also that he's not very good.

I can almost guarantee that if an NFL team thought that he was the missing ingredient for a superb owl winner, he'd be in camp, right now. Irregardless of the kneeling aspect of it.

The excuse sounds all very well and good, and it has a grain of truth to it, but there are, at the least, a couple other aspects to it, too.

He's probably better than a lot of 2nd string QB's in the league. Remember, he had a fantastic rookie year and it sure looked like he was the up and coming super start. Last year he had a terrible year. I wonder how much of his new-found evangelism had something to do with his mental state and his desire to play at the highest level.

As the resident ATS Football expert, let me tell you something:

Colin Kaepernick cannot play QB. The only reason he was successful his rookie and sophomore years in the NFL were directly related to the type of offense his team was running.

Once that fad offense was figured out, and he was forced to play like a QB, he fell apart.

He can't make reads beyond the first wideout.

He can't make good decisions with the ball.

He can't hit his timed routes.

He's a wreck of a QB.

Again, only when the offense was designed for a breakdown and for him to run (his only natural gift at the position) was he any good.

Let's not forget his #1/#2 Defense both years.

The guy is garbage.

Now, add in his anti-American views and tell me, who the hell wants someone like him on an ENTERTAINMENT team?
edit on 8-8-2017 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

If you want to boycott the NFL, do it because of the ridiculous amount of commercials.

That is why I quit watching football.
Both college and pro.
It's about the outside influence and "markets" and not the game.
My gf used to work sports advertising for a credit card company and it blew my mind that all that the game is at the pro level is one big commercial. Beer, trucks, NFL merch, boner pills, etc.
South Park summed up the college level with the episode "Crack Baby Basketball".
I've freed up so much time not caring about sports.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Add in that his views are going, by their very nature, to be divisive and not just to your audience, but also to your team.

The QB is the general on the football field. You need all your players to be behind the QB as much as possible or the team isn't going to function as well. Not everyone has to always agree on everything, but being that openly divisive right before the game and inviting that kind of media attention can't be good for team unity.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The owners of the NFL are very conservative, Kap likely wont play again, unless a team gets desperate through an injury.

My favorite team the Ravens were thinking about taking him but I think the owner said no

Kap is radioactive to the fans and the conservative owners

He may have a better chance in court suing the NFL for blackballing him

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Then watch football and drop the nationalistic pride attached to it. Pride is a deadly sin for a reason.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Then watch football and drop the nationalistic pride attached to it. Pride is a deadly sin for a reason.

Oh Jesus Christ!

Now someone on the internet is telling me how to watch football.

what's next?

Are you going to demand I eat gluten-free snacks while watching?

How about I don't root for a team because that might offend someone who isn't for my team?

How about the teams play football and THEY keep their god-damned sh#t in the locker room and off the field.

How about that!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Shut The Football Up!
Nationalism is attached to our national sports because we, as a culture, honor winning. We play the anthem before every game to say to our troops fighting for our country "Hey, thank you. Here, we'll honor what you're fighting for, which is serious as a heart attack, before we play and watch this frivolity just to ensure that though we're allowing ourselves to get healthily distracted from the important issues of our nation for the next few hours, we're still keeping you in our minds and hearts."

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
uhh # kapernick

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join