It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The laws of physics are amazingly consistent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think deism is the only valid religion based on the evidence. It seems to me my whole life nature is relentlessly consistent in following the laws of physics. The idea that God or gods are somehow changing nature's behavior to fight evil or support good seems like superstition. A creator God may be responsible for creating all the energy in existence, but as far as I can tell, God doesn't change the rules ever.

If you are claiming God only exists in our imaginations and the realm of language, then I agree with your view. Whether we succeed or fail, happy or sad, in our culture, it all could be a function of our belief and faith in God. And in that belief, God may seem to be actively participating in our subjective experiences as seen through the filter of our language. But it is a completely different thing to say God is a cause in nature other than the first cause.

And even the first cause, there are many physicists who argue first cause in nature is a projection of an anthropomorphic perspective. The way nature exists may be completely independent of our experience of time, and therefore, not causally arranged.

edit on 8-8-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
What about the laws of physics inside a black hole, they become inconsistent.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

My mama said black holes are the devil.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Yo' mama jokes?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
What about the laws of physics inside a black hole, they become inconsistent.

I don't think that the real underlying laws are likely to be inconsistent.

I just think that our knowledge on the subject is limited.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

If energy got destroyed in a black hole then that would run counter to "energy can't be created or destroyed" ,wouldnit ?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Einstein tried (and failed) to unify physics under a Unified Field Theory.

Despite what you seem to believe, there are many ways that we have found to describe Physics that may be exclusive of each other (the standard model, string, brane and M theories, quantum mechanics, general relativity, unparticle physics, quantum gravity, scale relativity, causual sets and many more models).

These models, while they 'work' and may give valid answers may still not be the underlying truth. They are simply ways we have found to think about something that just may be beyond our comprehension.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Yo' mama jokes?

Well, if you remember The Waterboy with Adam Sandler...there is your reference.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

If energy got destroyed in a black hole then that would run counter to "energy can't be created or destroyed" ,wouldnit ?

If energy got destroyed in a black hole, it would, but it doesn't.

But the energy of in-falling matter is (mostly) converted to gravitational potential energy and added to the black hole. Some portion stays frozen at the Schwarzchild radius creating the firewall at that radius. The added mass slightly increases the Schwarzchild radius causing a new firewall shell (or cloud) and collapsing the old shell, which now falls inside the Schwarzchild radius, back into the singularity (where it also adds to the mass and therefore the Schwarzchild radius).

On the opposite side, in the space outside of the Schwarzchild radius, gravitational tidal forces tear apart supersymmetric quantum virtual particles. This prevents them annihilating back into nothingness. A particle closer to the Schwarzchild radius may be pulled in to the black hole, but the one further from the Schwarzchild radius may escape, creating quantum matter (which has energy equivalence) from the gravitational potential energy.

This process is called Hawking radiation and explains why black holes will evaporate over vast periods of time. The Hawking radiation steals gravitational potential energy from the black hole and therefore shrinks the mass of the black hole and reduces the Schwarzchild radius.

In all this, conservation of energy is maintained and the first Thermodynamic law holds.

edit on 8/8/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

If I could give you 2 stars I would despite you loosing me on the first sentence.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

If I could give you 2 stars I would despite you loosing me on the first sentence.

Yeah, black holes are all kinds of weird, especially in regard to the way time dilation messes with the physical processes, but outside the singularity at their core, we can apply normal theoretical physical models and get some idea of how they are likely to operate.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Yo' mama jokes?

Well, if you remember The Waterboy with Adam Sandler...there is your reference.

I thought that black holes are where God divided by zero.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The laws of physics are consistent until one throws quantum mechanics into the mix. We all have different realities & God's reality, imo, is best understood with faith and/or reasoning within one's own reality. The unknown is infinite compared to the known, meaning even the most knowledgeable of us knows next to nothing. Too many of us are overly focused on what we know vs the unknown, which can cloud our perception of reality, when one is not thinking with an open mind. This to me, along with a few supernatural experiences & research on sacred geometry, prove to me the existence of God. There may be gods as well but I believe they still answer to a one true God.

www.gizmodo.com.au...

www.scienceandnonduality.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

a reply to: dfnj2015

Einstein tried (and failed) to unify physics under a Unified Field Theory.

Despite what you seem to believe, there are many ways that we have found to describe Physics that may be exclusive of each other (the standard model, string, brane and M theories, quantum mechanics, general relativity, unparticle physics, quantum gravity, scale relativity, causual sets and many more models).

These models, while they 'work' and may give valid answers may still not be the underlying truth. They are simply ways we have found to think about something that just may be beyond our comprehension.

It is perhaps beyond our comprehension....until we create super intelligent artificial intelligence, which I predict will happen in the next few decades.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

There may be gods as well but I believe they still answer to a one true God.

So who does this "one true god" answer to? Do these lessor "gods" have free will?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The discussion is a little all over the place. I think the main point of my OP was just how amazingly consistent nature is in carrying out the laws of physics. I've never seen anything truly violate physical laws. Just outright clear as day no ambiguity or explanation events. It just doesn't happen. Every time I drop an object it hits the floor. EVERY TIME!!!

edit on 9-8-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I don't think we actually know what the physics are inside a black hole seeing nothing escapes from it to give us actual visible observation.

All we really know is everything enters and nothing comes out.

Best thing that physics can do is to get an understanding or measurement of what "from Everlasting to Everlasting" is, that way we could know what we are dealing with when it comes to an Everlasting God. 24/7/365 just wont cut it when dealing with an eternal time measurement we know nothing about.

Figure that out and a lot of things will make sense that currently don't.

edit on 9-8-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join