It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desperate Trump comes begging to Democrats to help him notch a win on tax reform

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Working with Republicans in Congress has proved fruitless for President Donald Trump’s agenda. In the wake of multiple failures, it seems the White House is turning to Democrats for help.

White House officials have reached out to 15 to 20 centrist House Democrats since the early summer to find a middle path on tax reform. The members of the Blue Dog Coalition met with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, chief economic adviser Gary Cohn and top White House staff, all while Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) was promising the bill would be a partisan one.

www.politico.com...

I don't think Trumps neo trickle down economic package is going to find much support from the democrats or many Republicans with the 18 elections coming up. I expect some very drastic changes to get anything passed.

After the health care debacle, perhaps a win on the economy will improve Trumps poll numbers.
edit on 8-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
www.rawstory.com...

Working with Republicans in Congress has proved fruitless for President Donald Trump’s agenda. In the wake of multiple failures, it seems the White House is turning to Democrats for help.

White House officials have reached out to 15 to 20 centrist House Democrats since the early summer to find a middle path on tax reform. The members of the Blue Dog Coalition met with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, chief economic adviser Gary Cohn and top White House staff, all while Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) was promising the bill would be a partisan one.

www.politico.com...

I don't think Trumps neo trickle down economic package is going to find much support from the democrats or many Republicans with the 18 elections coming up. I expect some very drastic changes to get anything passed.

I thought reaching across the aisle was supposed to be a good thing? He isn't getting any help from Republicans in Congress because a large percentage of them are RINO establishment.

Trump is a third party candidate. Establishment RINOs hate him just as much as democrats.

The sad thing is that Republicans keep winning elections putting forth an agenda that they are unwilling to actually vote on. They should have no fear with elections. However, if they refuse to do what they said they were going to do, then I will be taking my vote elsewhere.

Bernie would be having the same issues except from left.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

If Trump is such a powerful leader why can't he get his own party behind his platforms.

Perhaps if he didn't insult the GOP leaders he would have more success.....

You reap what you sow.....Galatians 6:7

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It sounds like an attempt at bipartisanship.

We always hear that lame-o New York Senator calling for bipartisanship.... now it is bad, I guess.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

If John McCain makes a speech encouraging bipartisanship, it's a great beautiful thing.

If Trump does it, it's frowned on?

Does this clear the air a little? Maybe see the reason he was elected?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

If Trump is such a powerful leader why can't he get his own party behind his platforms.

Perhaps if he didn't insult the GOP leaders he would have more success.....

You reap what you sow.....Galatians 6:7

Because the party leadership is no different than Democrats. Party leadership is beholden to corporate and other lobby interest. Their interest are not necessarily aligned with the typical man on the street conservative/libertarian.

If you were paying attention, you'd know that it was Trump who brought illegal immigration to the forefront during election. Most of the establishment candidates want illegal immigration. It was not a priority issue until Trump made it one. RINOs want illegal immigration because their corporate backers want it. This is a little different than the Democrats who just want the votes, but it is the coin, different side.

Taxes? Trump would probably go for a flat tax. However, RINO establishment loves taxes just as much as Democrats. The tax code is used by Congress to dole out favors to constituents in the form of deductions and other legal loopholes. Going to a flat tax removes this power. So again, same coin, but different side.

I can go on and on....

Despite the liberal hand wringing, Trump represents the little guy. His platform is not one of the establishment RINOs. Remember, the NeverTrumpers?

Trump threatens the Republican leadership because he upsets their hustle. They'd actually do better under a Democrat because they'd still maintain some of their power.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It's almost as if the Left doesn't want Trump to reach across the aisle. Like it's a bad thing.
Maybe they just like criticizing anything Trump does because they hate him more than they love their country.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Absolutely amazed that after all the complaints about Trump being a bully and republicans owning the government, some of you folks can manage to try and spin Trump working across the aisle as a negative.

This is why nobody takes "you people" seriously. You resort to manufacturing reasons to get outraged and when you present them to others, you appear as nothing more than petulant, whiny brats.

Bipartisanship is good. For me, for you, for the country, for everybody.

You should try it sometime.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
It's almost as if the Left doesn't want Trump to reach across the aisle. Like it's a bad thing.
Maybe they just like criticizing anything Trump does because they hate him more than they love their country.

I almost wish Trump would troll the left by actually putting forth some of their agenda... it is funny though. Here is Schmucky Schumer plagarizing Trump's platform. You can't make this stuff up...

Loo k Familiar. Schumer Copies Trump

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Just like the GOP [the party of NO] did with Obama.

www.politico.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Isn't this a good thing? Bipartisanship should be applauded not looked down on.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Aren't you part of the not my president thing too? That would be the exact attitude that spurred so many to the polls. As was mentioned earlier, the epitome of petulance.

They did it so it's ok if we do!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

He plays 'em like a fiddle and a piano at the same time.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

WTF I HATE BIPARTISANSHIP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

DANGIT DRUMPF!!!!!!!!

But seriously - that's not a good thing?

Also what would help Trump's numbers is if the mass media would decide to stop character assassinating him for even a few minutes.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Just like the GOP [the party of NO] did with Obama.

www.politico.com...

It was stupid for "them" to do it then.

And it's equally stupid for "you" to do it now.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If Republicans really wanted to put the nail in the coffin of Democrats for the next couple of decades, they could...

Trump should come out and legalize marijuana... it would absolutely destroy the Democrat party. Secondly, it would force Democrats to support his agenda because none of them would want to be seen as being against it.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Ummm...well Jimmy...it's real nice seeing someone from the...Grand Old Party...salivating so profusely over the prospects of bipartisanship...

Kudo's...keep up the good work...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
President Trump said from the beginning that he was willing to work with both sides in order to accomplish his goal of making America great again.

Both Republicans and Democrats have become the obstructionist to that goal. Both parties are suppose to work together for the good of our Country.

It is a shame that we have become so polarized by our own selfish partisan politics that we have forsaken what is important.

Mr. Trump is often his own worst enemy, and I don't agree with everything he has said and done just as I have agreed and disagreed with past Presidents. I do like that he is not a politician and it is refreshing to have someone who speaks his mind instead of the usual 30 second sound bite which they think we want to hear only to do the exact opposite.

More power to him for reaching out. Let's hope that they take the opportunity to build unity between the two sides otherwise both sides will continue to do irreparable damage to the Country

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

He plays 'em like a fiddle and a piano at the same time.

Ummm...a veritable orchestration...and he the Trump train conductor...

YouSir

(post by stosh64 removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join