It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desperate Trump comes begging to Democrats to help him notch a win on tax reform

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Normally I would agree. But ever since Romney's 2012 presidential campaign w/the "47% don't even contribute" scandal, there have been many Republicans who want tax hikes on those they consider to be "moochers".

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Just like the GOP [the party of NO] did with Obama.

So now it's okay to bring in Obama in a Trump thread?

I wish you guys would make up your minds.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The OP's title is offensive to say the least...one more example that whatever Trump does is bad in so many eyes no matter which way he goes...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

In other words it's not good enough that we make the rich richer anymore but now they want the poor to get poorer at a much faster pace than ever too.

You may be right. It seems shoveling more money at the rich isn't enough to keep them happy anymore. They also want to see more pain inflicted on the poor now as well before they're happy.

After this I guess they'll just have to start draining the blood from the poor and feeding it to the rich to please them. Or maybe bring back public torture for their amusement.
edit on 8-8-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Surely you've seen the threads on population control, right? Many of them get locked and/or removed for a reason.

The M.O. seems to be to raise taxes on the poor while also cutting social services to the poor (that are paid for w/those tax dollars). That's the other side of the "flat tax" debate. It raises taxes on the poorest while cutting taxes for the wealthiest and many in the middle. But since overall revenue is decreased, they cut social services and sell off public properties to fill the hole in the budget. Then they wonder why bipartisanship fails on this issue.

It's not a coincidence that the citizens hit the hardest are always going to be the poorest citizens. "Social Darwinism" was very popular here and many people still believe in its message.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: network dude

Context is golden. Clearly I'm talking about Republicans. Maybe you should read the post I replied to, then reread mine. Then you won't have to ask silly questions like that.

exactly how big is the bug that crawled up your ass? It was a joke. Lighten up Frances.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

If John McCain makes a speech encouraging bipartisanship, it's a great beautiful thing.

If Trump does it, it's frowned on?

Does this clear the air a little? Maybe see the reason he was elected?

It's because people want to see Trump fail.

Anyways, if Trump brings a caucus like this on board he's going to lose 50 Republican votes, if not more. Anything that gets less than 100 Democrats isn't going to turn out well for him.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

"Lighten up Frances." LOL ........that's a reference I haven't heard in a while!!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

So he doesn't reach to Democrats and he is a partisan bully .. he does and he's begging. You guys are hilarious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join