It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another look at the icbm, s from North Korea by James Kiessling.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I came across this article from James Kiessling. He thinks that the icbms from North Korea are a diversion of the real thing. He thinks that they secretly building silos for real icbms. It could be a possibility that he is right?
breakingdefense.com...
edit on 6-8-2017 by ni91ck because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2017 by ni91ck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ni91ck

Every time I hear about North Korea being able to hit the United States, I think....
What about Japan?
Or South Korea?
Australia?
China?
Russia?

Apparently the only target for this nutter is America.

Nuts is nuts

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
heh i think they have been building up icbm's for about 10 years now in secret and they are about to do something with them.

but that's just what i'd do in their position... so yeah

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Apparently the only target for this nutter is America.

Nuts is nuts

Nothing nuts about it at all. It's exactly what China has promoted for the last six decades.

I think the only reason North Korea is still on the map, is because President Trump understands this is the opportune time to utterly annihilate the Chinese Military.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is what I worry about with North Korea. Everyone laughs at the nut and does nothing. That allows him to build whatever he wants. I don't think the US has a really good idea of what he has or is capable of building.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

No, but most people are less concerned about a missile dropping on the heads of people they'll never meet, in a country they'll probably never visit than they are about it affecting them. I'm sure the media in Japan are pointing out how easily they can hit them, and barely mentioning the US if they do at all.
edit on 8/6/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

History my friend. Retaliation for what they did.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I read through the entire report and did my best to understand it. I am "technically-challenged," but here's what I got from it:

The writer was thinking the accuracy of NK's ICBM's are an issue for Kim. However, imho how accurate does an ICBM need to be from his point of view? A nuclear missile will cause extreme devastation no matter where it lands.

How accurate do these missiles have to be to cause an EMP?

Does anyone know if NK has LACM's?

I could go on, but I think it's foolhardy to dismiss the threats. Repeated sanctions do not work with Kim but only serve to make him more angry and determined to keep working on his nukes.

This threat needs to be dealt with now, not while his missiles are headed for us, South Korea, Japan or wherever.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

If you lob a 5KT missile at a city, and have a 2 mile CEP, then there's a remarkably good chance that you missed the city. Yes, you did a lot of damage to the area outside the city, but nowhere near what you could have. And if you're aiming for a command post, or somewhere specific, your odds of hitting are much lower. Accuracy isn't AS important as it is with a conventional weapon system, but it's still pretty important.

So it's better to allow a few hundred thousand to die, and South Korea to be more or less hammered flat to stop something that MIGHT happen?
edit on 8/6/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXTriker
This is what I worry about with North Korea. Everyone laughs at the nut and does nothing. That allows him to build whatever he wants. I don't think the US has a really good idea of what he has or is capable of building.

a lot of people seem to confuse qhat the media says fir public consumption and what generals think about a siruation.

"everyone laughs and does nothing"

no the world leaders are not laughing.
The UN security council just voted 15-0 in favor of stronger sanctions on NK.. That includes Russia, and China..

I don't find the situation funny or something not to worry about.

The media wants NK leadership to be a joke. I get it you think you weaken their position, but then people forget this is not a video game. The human's rights violations are horrific. Dark ages..

The military power is much more than media portrays.

and yes fir all in this thread they can definitely hit anyone in the area with missiles. Maybe not nukes but then again they do have something like 70 submarines.

I have no clue how to resolve this situation.
One could hope some internal takeover would open them back up to the outside world with minimal bloodshed.

If a war pops off South Korea and Japan are going to have a really really really bad day.
We Do Not want that.. Hence the reason "nothing has been done" about North Korea.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The North and South are holding talks on the 9th of September I believe.

Something could happen before that, the recent sanctions shows that Russia and China are clearly weary of North Korea now.

You know, they'd needn't use ICBMs to deliver a nuclear payload, they could put one on a submarine, they're good a digging tunnels too, they could hit China and the South via that method.

Crunch time is coming. The fresh sanctions will be crippling, if it kicks off, millions will probably die in a very short space of time.

Nothing good will come of it.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

why should those be a diversion??

based on the last test people say the math works out to about 6,500 miles..

These tests are shot at a very high angle.. This tells you the energy of the rocket.. flatten out the trajectory and you reach chicago.

So that is a diversion for their super awesome missiles that fly around the wirld twice before hitting??

USA Minuteman 3 missile goes 8,100 miles compared to NK latest test guessed to have a range of 6,500 miles.

You can let the media ENTERTAIN you. Or you can take life more seriousky than to listen to jokers haha.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

What can be done?

As it stands, all we are managing to do is give condemned people on either side of the border more days. Delaying is just condemning more in the longrun.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

If we, the US, attack NK they will attack SK, Japan, possibly Australia. I have no doubt some of the weapons used will be nuclear.

There is no good military option.

Diplomacy seems ineffective, not even welcome by NK.

Sanctions are a joke.

What are we supposed to do against this country?

This has been going on for far too long, not sure what they have up their sleeve but NK wants the US to launch an attack.

Why?!?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

If you lob a 5KT missile at a city, and have a 2 mile CEP, then there's a remarkably good chance that you missed the city. Yes, you did a lot of damage to the area outside the city, but nowhere near what you could have. And if you're aiming for a command post, or somewhere specific, your odds of hitting are much lower. Accuracy isn't AS important as it is with a conventional weapon system, but it's still pretty important.

So it's better to allow a few hundred thousand to die, and South Korea to be more or less hammered flat to stop something that MIGHT happen?

I'm not saying that. What I've been trying to say is that it would be best to stop Kim before he attacks us. I think there's a good possibility that he will do so, esp. if the US continues to sanction him repeatedly.

If Kim is capable of murdering many people in a variety of ways - including members of his own family - he is capable of anything. His regime is noted for its extreme brutality and even conducts executions in schoolyards in front of children. He starves his own people while he lives in the lap of luxury.

Kim must think we're very weak as the US has not retaliated for the murder of Otto Warmbier. There are several other Americans being held in NK prisons and we have no assurance whatsoever they're still alive.

Something's got to give. I think that Ray1990 summed it up best in one of his posts:

"As it stands, all we are managing to do is give condemned people on either side of the border more days. Delaying is just condemning more in the longrun."

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: thirtyeightnorth

If we, the US, attack NK they will attack SK, Japan, possibly Australia. I have no doubt some of the weapons used will be nuclear.

There is no good military option.

Diplomacy seems ineffective, not even welcome by NK.

Sanctions are a joke.

What are we supposed to do against this country?

This has been going on for far too long, not sure what they have up their sleeve but NK wants the US to launch an attack.

Why?!?

A military option would be appropriate but many will die.

If we don't take military action many more could die. Kim has made it perfectly clear that he wants to take down the US.

You're right about sanctions - they are a joke and imo postpone the inevitable. As for diplomacy, it is impossible to reach a deal with someone of that caliber. (i.e. evil and crazy madman out to kill even members of his own family if he wants).

He cannot be reasoned with.

The best option is not a good option.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

It is simple for Americans to sit at home and say launch a preemptive strike. How would you feel if you lived in Seoul? Would you be as willing to launch an attack?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm not worried what NK will do to the US, but I am worried what they will do to SK. NK's goal is to take back SK, by any means necessary. China is controlling NK. This is essentially a proxy between China and the USA/West, and China has already won, because either way SK is screwed. SK either gets taken over by NK, which is to China's advantage, or SK gets decimated in war, which is to China's advantage.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Not sure China has as much control over NK as you think. I believe if the US attacks NK then China will move in and seize control of NK. Partially because it will prevent any flood of refugees into Chinese territory.

I don't believe China would attempt to invade SK. Just not in their best interest.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

The problem is that the only way to stop him, is a military option. If we assassinate him, it destabilises everything and leads to a military resolution. If we attack, he hammers South Korea and probably Japan. There is no good way to stop him that doesn't lead to disaster.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join