It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trees and Vegetation found on Mars ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: intrptr

Life is out there and here we just don't understand it.

Its simpler than you think.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You've got these idiots that deny the holocaust. The truth is after the allies liberated Europe, Dr. Mengele moved his operation to Mars, at the Marschwitz camp. Biggest conspiracy that no one knows about.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

Life on Mars is not "Zero", a very low chance (now, currently), yes, zero, no.

Indeed they have't found any, if and until they do, there is zero life on Mars.

My money is on zero. Mars is too hostile an environment for Biological life, as we know it.

But i get the die hard stubborn approach: "Until we turn over every single rock and analyze every square inch with a suite of instruments, there is 'hope'. You are like early explorers, looking for the edge of the world or the fountain of life.

Do you play the lottery, too?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You've got these idiots that deny the holocaust. The truth is after the allies liberated Europe, Dr. Mengele moved his operation to Mars, at the Marschwitz camp. Biggest conspiracy that no one knows about.

Mengele got away. Most of the rest of the Nazis were hired by the US gubment.

We have since developed their police state apparatus and weapons systems to a high degree , and use them.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I never said I believed there is life on Mars, in any form - I said the chances are not zero.

I believe it could be possible that Mars may of had some sort of basic life on it in the past, it is not too far fetched when you take in consideration that life began on Earth 4 Billion years ago, and the conditions on both planets, even including Venus seem to have had a very similar violent Environment to of Earth in the past.

As I said, searching for the conditions of life, and if Mars once contained life in the past.

Lottery? No I do not.

At times I find it hard to find life on this planet.

Finding a second sample of life...that would change a lot, and we could start dividing numbers on the possibilities out there...
edit on 7-8-2017 by MuonToGluon because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Added + Fixed - Was > Is

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Wow, hostile house tonight!

These pics are not "fake" at all ... they are of Mars, and some bright minds, like A C Clarke and a few actual planetary scientists, thought these images worthy of a second and third look. They sure look like life signs... even if it's hard to gauge from orbit.

Most of the orbital images with tree-looking things came from the 70's , and I remember being a kid at a party listening to the adult UofA planetary scientists speculating that a species of huge tree grew on Mars, and maybe some still lived, due to those particular shots where it looks like trees around a lake, etc.

Not to mention the scientist who actually devised the Viking lander's life test saying it got a "positive" result back in the 70's.

I've a feeling that planet holds some surprises, still. Nice compilation.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Kandinsky
The in crowd knows theres no life, they sell us the search for life to keep the money flowing.

"The in crowd" assumes that there is no life on Mars based on information derived from what they know about Earth and how life functions here.

That is a lot different than knowing something. I, too, assume that there are no living organisms on Mars at the moment, but that doesn't mean that my assumption is without fault and will not be proven wrong in the future.

But to be fair, the search for life does include evidence of previous life, no matter how microscopic, and that is what keeps me interested because of the implications, both biblical and otherwise, that it would bring to the table--living organisms would blow possibilities out of the water.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Your reply...

"The in crowd" assumes that there is no life on Mars based on information derived from what they know about Earth and how life functions here.

That is a lot different than knowing something. I, too, assume that there are no living organisms on Mars at the moment, but that doesn't mean that my assumption is without fault and will not be proven wrong in the future.

But to be fair, the search for life does include evidence of previous life, no matter how microscopic, and that is what keeps me interested because of the implications, both biblical and otherwise, that it would bring to the table--living organisms would blow possibilities out of the water.

Given that the 'accepted Origins' of life here includes copious amounts of liquid water, that alone precludes life on Mars.

The argument whether signs of flowing liquid on Mars are from liquid volatiles or H2O ice is a refuge to be sure.
Not enough evidence of either to make any presumptions.

Heat from Impactors can turn methane and ammonia (permafrost) to rivers and lakes for a time, too.
edit on 7-8-2017 by intrptr because: (permafrost)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
That planet sure has changed since i was a kid in the 70s , From the first pictures of a red gloomy world of the 70s to the blue sky world we see today .

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 7/8/2017 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Given that the 'accepted Origins' of life here includes copious amounts of liquid water, that alone precludes life on Mars.

No, just because there's a scientific idea of how life may have originated on earth does not make it impossible for life to exist elsewhere in environments vastly different than ours.

To claim that something is impossible just because we have not observed it scientifically is quite the antithesis of science, IMO.

Plus, new discoveries associated with life (or a building block of it) happen all of the time...well, not really, but they are happening, and they sometimes have nothing to do with liquid water. Maybe liquid water is the final ingredient necessary, and that's a constant through the universe--maybe even the multiverse--but we cannot prove that just yet.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
*cough* false color image *cough*

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

To claim that something is impossible just because we have not observed it scientifically is quite the antithesis of science, IMO.

I did say, "life, as we know it".

Personally the next dimension is all around us and is full of sentient life, and yah we are as blind to that as a 2D "flatlander" is to the concept of 'Up'.

All out instruments search for is what our notion of life is.

Our instruments aren't tuned to detect any other type of life forms. Cracks me up the way we listen to the static of the Known Universe for other life form's 'signals'. Might as well be listening for radio signals with a Conch Shell.
edit on 7-8-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Personally the next dimension is all around us and is full of sentient life, and yah we are as blind to that as a 2D "flatlander" is to the concept of 'Up'.

Well, I don't know about you, but I've had encounters with a Mr. Flat Stanley before, so I know those Flatlanders are out there.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

"Flat Stanley" isn't truly flat. We are however, already in the next (for lack of a better word) dimension.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

"Flat Stanley" isn't truly flat.

Ummm...yes, I knew that. It was meant to be humorous

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

"Flat Stanley" isn't truly flat.

Ummm...yes, I knew that. It was meant to be humorous

I had to google him. He's a cartoon, like the notions of a perfect line, plane and cube.

Only existing in Mathville.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Isn't Mathville the next dimension?

Like Asia (and Nelson) once said, "Only time will tell..."

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Isn't Mathville the next dimension?

Nope, a digression back to flatland. I know because math problems are written on flat surfaces like paper, chalkboards, and computer screens.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
Here's a beauty posted by Zorgon a few years ago.

CREDIT: NASA/JPL/University of Arizona.

There are no trees or other vegetation on Mars. Lots of 'looks like' and 'could be' imagery that our brains trick us into thinking are trees, tracks or old foundations. A lichen would be amazing enough and, so far, even a hardy life-form like that hasn't been found.

I wonder what happened to Zorgon I never heard the true story of what happened to them I use to love their posts. I wonder if they still lurk on ATS or have a new user name

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join