It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's new Immigration Policy may be his most Controversial act yet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Now here is something I can actually support Trump on, though I am probably the only democrat in the nation that will support this. Trump has announced his new policy for LEGAL immigration reform. There are several parts to it, but the overall effect would be to dramatically cut immigration. As and environmentalist and also a democrat who supports quality of life for US citizens, I believe that our constant population growth is highly destructive, and almost anything that slows population growth is good for our nation in the long term.

Most people will be against this policy for mostly knee-jerk emotional reactions, but I am glad to see the idea at least being discussed.

www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Population growth through immigration is not a issue when said migrants are of a high standard, IE working in key worker positions where outside help is needed. The problems arise when baby making factories are imported with f#ck all skill or education and a mindset that is one of "get what can out of the system".. Look at Europe for a perfect example..

RA

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

i am not a trump supporter AT ALL
even remotely. but I have always thought we needed stricter legal immigration. we don't need people to work at mcdonald's. we need people who will contribute to our society on the ways WE need them too. several other countries have MUCH stricter legal immigration laws than the US.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Population growth through immigration is not a issue when said migrants are of a high standard

I disagree, our large population is destroying our environment, subjecting us to high stress, unaffordable housing and medical, too much job competition, etc.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Explosive population growth is never good for any society especially one mixed with backward cultures and cultish values who won't fit into said host Country.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Make up your mind OP.

You literally just posted a completely opposing and divisive view in another immigration thread
But yeah, the entire immigration system needs an overhaul.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
What immigration post? I've always been against population growth.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The problem are illegals. Almost 10% of all children born in the US are to illegal immigrants while only being about 4% of the population, let that sink in. Illegal immigrants have one of the highest birthrates in the US.
www.pewresearch.org...

Mostly from illegal immigration, almost 37% of the population will be 1st or 2nd generation citizens in 2050.
www.washingtonpost.com... 8a

It's a massive problem.
edit on 6-8-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This post is about his legal immigration, though I'm not really in favor of any immigration currently.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You know why that is.

The children are insta-citizens and entitled to all the benefits. So the parents sponge off the kids and work under the table themselves and the system enables it.

That all needs to change.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You know why that is.

The children are insta-citizens and entitled to all the benefits. So the parents sponge off the kids and work under the table themselves and the system enables it.

That all needs to change.

My wife is a legal immigrant. Her sister came here semi illegally. She did exactly what you said and already has a child. She gamed the system and has a legal green card now.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
H-1B needs a serious overhaul, along with illegal immigration.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

And it's time to put the brakes on for a bit, a decade or two, and concentrate on assimilating the ones who are here now.

There is nothing wrong with a first or second generation American ... so long as that's what they are. The last thing we need is to have first or second generation Somalis or Mexicans or Chinese or Kenyans or whatever other country it happens to be because we keep importing more new immigrants who aren't assimilated and don't plan to.

Remember your heritage but embrace being what you now are.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Population is king.

If you want a strong economy and lots of tax revenue, you need young working age population.

Best way to get young working age population now that Western people are having fewer and fewer kids is through immigration.

The crisis in housing and healthcare and amenities has nothing to do with immigration, and everything to do with central governments refusing to spend tax revenue on services people want.

But hey, it's easy to blame the immigrants eh. Always easy for politicians to blame the immigrants.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Population is king.

For rulers who want lots of people to exploit as laborers and soldiers.

For normal people a moderate population with low stress and cost of living is best.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Or the government could look at why people are having less kids.

It could be because they've made it cost prohibitive to live a decent life and have children.

It's a bit like the old Reagan saying: “Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”

This is working on the population too. Our SS and Medicare are ponzi schemes predicated on the idea that American people will always produce more kids to leave bigger pyramid base levels than they were.

But the economy has been taxed and regulated such that the average family needs both parents to work in order to realize a decent standard of living, and it takes a substantial economic investment in order to raise one child, let alone two. This is all thanks to taxes and regulations throughout the economic structure making it more and more expensive to bring up a family in a decent fashion.

Those at the bottom who are most dependent, receiving the greatest government subsidies and are arguably the least fit to be raising children are the ones having the most of them which is unbalancing the rest of the structure for the group you would think government would most want having and raising children - stable, economically fit families.

And now, government subsidizes the labor pools by bringing in more unskilled, cheap workers who will need more government subsidy to survive further skewing the equations away from their native and most economically fit being able to raise children of their own.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Americans have less kids because we have a different economy now and without sweet government handouts more kids are too expensive. Since we have so many out of work I fail to see why we need more workers, can you explain why we need more workers when the ones we have can't find jobs?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

the economy has been taxed and regulated such that the average family needs both parents to work in order to realize a decent standard of living

NO it has nothing to do with taxes. Greedy, ruthless business people and population growth raised the cost of living such that the average family needs both parents to work.

People pay less taxes now that at any time in recent history. It's a lie pushed by Republicans that taxes are the problem.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

the economy has been taxed and regulated such that the average family needs both parents to work in order to realize a decent standard of living

NO it has nothing to do with taxes. Greedy, ruthless business people and population growth raised the cost of living such that the average family needs both parents to work.

People pay less taxes now that at any time in recent history. It's a lie pushed by Republicans that taxes are the problem.

Over 50% of spending for the average family goes to taxes now. If you can find information showing it used to be much higher I am interested.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Right, Population growth "IS" a issue when they have a free loading mindset, the education system breeds stupid people that I am sure you have heard the phrase "to produce people that are just clever enough to run the machines but not smart enough to start asking questions"... That is the Crux of the matter..

Low IQ people producing low IQ off spring that intern need hand outs for even the most basic of living needs. It does not need to be this way and countries such as Japan and Taiwan are an example, I bet a majority of folks here think Taiwan is a rice field with a sweat shop in the middle?.. Fact is the town's and cities would put many "first world" countries to shame. It is a small country that is fairly dense in population but the education system is good and the people are happy to work to gain what they have.. Japan is the same.. Now import "in large numbers" mass amounts of migrants, all with zero skill, eduction or even the want to assimilate and see where these countries are in 30 years, that is before you have the cultural issues and a regressive left rhetoric pushing the agenda..

The size of population is a small factor, the over riding one is what is the cultural outlook like??.. Ever wonder why many so called "first" world countries now borderline banana republics?, it was the quality of people that where allowed to flood in not the overall number....

RA

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join