It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four People Charged By DOJ In Leak Crackdown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't really describe myself as an anti-freedom authoritarian leftist.

Not to worry DC, I don't suppose anyone around here might get that impression.
Maybe an anti-authoritarian freedom loving leftist. There are those you know.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: oletimer

Those are criminal prosecutions for mishandling top secret information. It's about time! How long has that been going on with these people? Did it recently start, or has it been something ongoing?! WTH has our intelligence been doing all this time while these people were handing over secret documents to the Chinese?!!

I want to see prosecutions of people that are leaking info from confidential conversations between the POTUS and other heads of state. I want to see NYT and Amazon WaPo questioned in these investigations. How the hell do they get some of the confidential stuff they print?

Something is really messed up and it needs to be fixed.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: carewemust

(leaked the President's conversations with Mexico and Australia.)

Did they leak high security information? Any state military secrets? I didn't hear of it, just the stupid stuff Trump said in a phone call to Mexico.

I want to hear what an elected official says to other nations. He is not a king, he is our choice to be our president and hence we have every right to know about what is going on, other than information that would jeapordize national security.

Trump on the other hand seems to believe in an imperial presidency where he gets to rule and say what ever he wants in secret.

So I say go go leakers. If you hear or see stupid stuff by the elected representatives let everybody know.
These leakers who leak examples of Trumps ineptitude are not the enemy, they are Americans who can see close up what an nincompoop Trump is.

Why yes they did. I want to know who leaked the transcripts of Trump phone calls between Mexico and Australia. Either someone was in the room or his phone lines are compromised.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Another step toward Trump's anti america, American political prisoners.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

[springs popping]

[boing boing]

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Obama did the same, actually worse.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Hey, I'll defend your right to voice your opinion.

We have so many standards for leaking classified info.

One for Hillary, One for Comey, One for Manning,
One for Patraeus... Maybe we need a new standard?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Another step toward Trump's anti america, American political prisoners

Trump and his crazed lackeys are far more dangerous than any leaker.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Hey, I'll defend your right to voice your opinion.

We have so many standards for leaking classified info.

One for Hillary, One for Comey, One for Manning,
One for Patraeus... Maybe we need a new standard?

I actually enjoyed the leaks about the phone calls.

Allow me to explain.

It was the first time, in recent memory, that we got to see honest politics in action.

Now I wouldn't necessarily recommend it all the time, but it opened a window to a process we've never seen before.

Did it turn me against Trump?

On the contrary. To me, it made him more human.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I keep reading that. Can you show me where Obama intimidated reporters to reveal their sources?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Yeah, what were they thinking, releasing those calls?
It makes Trump seem so real, honest and genuine!

I am curious about the gold in the walls.

Maybe they fed some mice a few bugs?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Here is a synopsis of the issue on Politifact.

True

Tapper "The Obama administration has used the Espionage Act to go after whistleblowers who leaked to journalists ... more than all previous administrations combined." — Jake Tapper on Thursday, January 2nd, 2014 in a broadcast of CNN's "The Lead with Jake Tapper" CNN's Tapper: Obama has used Espionage Act more than all previous administrations

www.politifact.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I keep reading that. Can you show me where Obama intimidated reporters to reveal their sources?

Playing opossum again ?

Remember this Guy?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I read that. It had nothing to do revealing sources. He was under investigation.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

That still does not equate with Sessions threatening to make a new law to force reporters to reveal their sources.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I've sworn off entering threads with Trump in the title. This one doesn't so here I am.

The office of the president is all of a sudden being held to a new standard. Why is it that we get to hear every conversation a president has with other politicians and foreign leaders? It's pretty naive to think that every other president in history didn't have one-to-one discussions. The proof of that is Obama telling the Russian president at the time "I'll have more flexibility after the election". At least Obama's people were loyal and didn't leak it. It was by chance the mic was still on. What other conversations did he have? I'd love to hear the ones with Iran.

From the four leakers that are identified, 3 are contractors. That's the first place to concentrate an investigation. Who knows, the company placing the contractors could very well be a Soros company.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Did they leak high security information? Any state military secrets? I didn't hear of it, just the stupid stuff Trump said in a phone call to Mexico.

I want to hear what an elected official says to other nations. He is not a king, he is our choice to be our president and hence we have every right to know about what is going on, other than information that would jeapordize national security.

Trump on the other hand seems to believe in an imperial presidency where he gets to rule and say what ever he wants in secret.

So I say go go leakers. If you hear or see stupid stuff by the elected representatives let everybody know.
These leakers who leak examples of Trumps ineptitude are not the enemy, they are Americans who can see close up what an nincompoop Trump is.

I always thought you were quite a bit more intelligent than this. Any president has a hope that his private conversations stay private. Kind of like yours. If one of your kids listened to all your financial woes you discuss with your wife, then they tell all the neighbors, I would venture a guess it wouldn't make you happy.

This isn't about how stupid you think Trump is, this is about secrecy and national security. COMSEC and OPSEC. It really is important and it really does matter.

Here's to hoping you are just having a bad day.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Why yes they did. I want to know who leaked the transcripts of Trump phone calls between Mexico and Australia. Either someone was in the room or his phone lines are compromised.

how dare you suggest his wires were tapped. Allow me to gather a large group of people to publicly ridicule you for saying such a thing.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

edit on 5-8-2017 by annabanana because: computer glitched

...Or
whoever person(s)/department typed up the actual transcripts or filed them.
edit on 5-8-2017 by annabanana because: ...again

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Dude, I appreciate the complement. I suspect that ones intelligence is a tool which may be used by that individual to construct a coherent understanding of the surrounding environment. Another thing I suspect is that intelligence develops in concert with the information it is provided, both from external prodding and more, from how it is guided by the individual.

For instance, my father tosses me a baseball and tells me to practice throwing it through a tire for an hour. I do and after a while I seem to be getting better at hitting the target. I enjoy the increase in my ability and determine to continue to get better. After years of practice and devotion I start a World Series game. Yet even with that intelligence used for baseball, I am incompetent at throwing a football.

Now, had I been really intelligent, I might have also learned to throw the football that well and then had the choice in college between staring pitcher or starting quarterback.

One of the good things I have learned from ATS is that many of us here have not learned to do both. I struggle to.
I think that a main issue that faces us is just that. Where I might, in the past, have just accounted for the differences between my own astute considerations on reality on the un-intelligence of those with whom I disagree, I now know that to not be the case. That is in some cases. But back to the issue

I did specify in my earlier reply that in cases of national security and such that secrecy should be respected. However I do not hold this position in regards the everyday comings and goings of the person we the people have seen fit to put in that office to run things for us.

Clearly the call to those other nations did not touch on secure information but rather seemed just to be ''hello, I'm here'' calls. Considering these calls to be private does not for me reach the status of either secrets of state OR that of a private citizen. I would condemn the Post had they published a private phone conversation between Trump and the Melania. However these calls were to heads of state and hence fall under the job description we have given to the president and as his employers I hold that we have every right to monitor them.

I also do not hold with the context of your analogy. While I agree with it as you present it I do not think it fits. Trump is not our father and we are not children. He is our employee and we are his bosses and in our wisdom, or lack of, we have seen fit to give him the job. This does not mean that we abdicate OUR responsibilities to keep a steady eye on his performances or allow him to write his own performance appraisals.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join