It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the dollar tanking?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Think the better question is why did the dollar rise in the first place given US debt is worsening. The information I read somewhere was the FED was paying oversea's institutions higher interest rates to park their wealth in the USD overnight. Which made the USD very attractive.

So I am guessing that USD is falling because all the wealth has found more attractive deals elsewhere.

Wealth will always stampede to the greener pastures.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Now that Trump is pulling out of the fake global warming deal Billions will be spared from that inconvenient lie.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Yes and banks wont get their profits from trading carbon derivatives which is why banks cared for the environment all of a sudden. There is talk that Trump is making plans to return Glass-Steagall Act in one form or another to force banks out of the investment banking. Hope Trump steps off the carpet before he pulls it from under the banking sector. Given talk that banks have been propping up the share markets since 2008. I have my concerns about Trump but he does seem like the real deal. But given the worlds economy has been on life support for so long he will need take baby steps else it will all crash and burn on him. Banks would love make him the fall guy,

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join