It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the dollar tanking?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

I don't know how we can ignore the stock market when all our money moves through it.

Loans with 0 interest, nice. But, they need more so that maybe a little will trickle down. How do we free ourselves of it and these greedy people?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Have a look at the sterling vs dollar over the past 2 years and see how badly the dollar is tanking!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The first one to the bottom wins......all debt cancelled

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Because the day you cannot use your ATM is the only day you need to fear what happened/is happening on the stock market.

Otherwise, understand, Millions of people are retiring, the baby boomers. Blood sucking, pension hording, Boomers...Within 5-10 years as the cost of living sky rockets for one reason to the next (Falling dollar) and they need $..they will drain their accounts to make it, and rightfully so. However, this is eventually going to cause incredible problems as the money flows out and the gap to replace it, the X and Millennial generations, will not be enough to replace it.

Now, unless there is some other Super Power that exists out there that controls: All Central Banks, Most Powerful Military ever seen in the history of human kind (Water, Air, Land, Space... for Christ sake..They control Space..) Then you need not worry about the dollar. All currencies are denominated in dollars in terms of value. There is no other currency that the basket of others is weighed against. Not Gold, Silver, and bitcoin..lulz, k.

That being said, it's best to ignore that dog and pony show and look at what is coming down the pike in terms of long term. People retiring en masse, X and Millennial not as well off as Baby Boomers in the aggregate, Peaking economy (stagflation, it will remain like this for a long time during the reset), Technology overtaking most of everything we do, and Old corporations simply dying because they cannot keep up anymore and as well, control costs, R&D, etc.

War will be a thing of the past, it means nothing now. It's more of a chess piece that is not needed in the back, than an actual tool. Otherwise NK would have been dealt with long ago. Russia is literally dying, 150 Million people and falling, There is no ability for them to wage a devastating combative pro longed war. China? HA, they have trouble finding people anymore that even fit their physical requirements for joining. That country is a paper Tiger and the moment it went to war at all, it would be invaded by Vietnam, Cambodia, likely Laos, Japan, South Korea and the Philippines. China would find themselves in a war they have never dealt with before and would be destroyed within weeks.

We are entering a new age of technology, independence, and peace.

Damn it's an exciting time to be alive.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Since Trump is in office the debt didn't increase at all and before with Obama it went from 10.5 trillion to where it stands about now (19,69 trillion) in 8 years.

So maybe they are just printing dollars which of course is bad for the value of the dollar, but at least the debt doesn't increase.. but yea just a guess for what might be the reason.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I will have to read this many times to absorb what it really means.

I am retired baby boomer. I don't know why having a pension is bad. In 69, they told us it's what we should do. So, every pay check I made a contribution to "health and welfare" for 38 years. Now, most of our pension is spent for my husband's medical bills for cancer.

I pray the good times come as you say, for the future generations.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

With all due respect, the latter of your story is more of an argument for why all Health Care should be free in general for the greater good of society and is not really a component of my thesis against pensions. It is - as i stated - a good thing you have the $ - as I said "Rightfully so". However, the outflow of $ from these funds, by hook or by crook, is going to devastate - and already is - a lot of municipalities, states, and companies.

I am not sure what industry you were in that you put it 38 years for to retire, but officers get what...20 years then retire? Something like this? Is it 30? Then they get to collect for another 45, a very good pension. Not just them either, but a huge number of other agency types that use the pension model and it's simply going to collapse as you see it happening already in a lot of places.

I wish your family the best in your endeavor.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults
What do you mean why?? We all knew this was coming. The dollar will continue to lose value over time as nations across the world gradually jump into the Eastern financial system. As they do so, in some instances they must conduct their trades in regional currency or gold as a few BRICS nations have opted them in preference to the dollar. The more people ditch the dollar, the lower its value. China, Russia, and Saudi no longer trade dollars between the three of them.

That means that all the petrol that Saudi and Russia sell to China is paid for by Yuan or gold. Those are only three. China is also demanding gold and hard resources in exchange for its loans and development deals, such as its new base in Djibouti . The only people China seems to be accepting dollars from is USA. I think even some of our Western partners are being encouraged by them to pay in their own currencies.

Anyways, we have known this was to be happening for years. To be somewhat surprised at this point means people were doing the ostrich.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Depends on the size of your graph.

It'll go up and down. No major worries I don't think.

Not that I have a clue what I'm on about.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Rothchild predicted a new currency in 2018,I would take that as a warning,most people are oblivious to what will happen,they have been duped by MSM,they think a monetary collapse could never happen,why we are in debt,soon they will have debtors prison,it will be bad,many will commit suicide,and turn into a 50 state riot,I see no good comming,I'm optomistic but I also keep things real

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I think that you are like the politicians and rich people and are not listening.

Workers and laborers did not design the system. When you got a job, they said, here is a retirement plan you can buy into. Mine was through a union and part of a trust fund until the 80's then they started investing the funds in 401k. That was not the workers idea. Everyone was all for that system until 2008 crash, just when boomers were retiring. I don't see why raising taxes on the rich to bail states out when they are richer than anytime in history, is bad. I just don't think that most people believe that every economic failure is the fault of the old and poor anymore. When this market crashes, who will save it again?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
where does the blame go to... the new WH administration, of course...:

... from article dated 3 Aug 2017:

...Trump's legislative failures, combined with rejuvenated economic growth in Europe, have dealt a powerful blow to the almighty dollar. The U.S. dollar index, which measures the American currency against its rivals, has plunged 10% since peaking Jan. 3. The dollar is in its first five-month losing streak since 2011.

While the stock market has been driven to record highs by strong corporate earnings, the currency market seems fed up with Trump's stumbles.

The "White House soap opera" has fueled the dollar's decline, according to Kit Juckes, a macro strategist at Societe Generale.

"Confidence in the U.S. administration's ability to deliver growth-boosting fiscal policies is at rock bottom,"

source: money.cnn.com...

CNN.com ! as legit fact source because it has a big credit access & a strong legacy portfolio mixing in with leftist think-tanks

edit on th31150186118104392017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Ok I was trying not to say it in so many words.

You and the Boomer generation are greedy. I don't care that ignorance is your scapegoat for not feeling responsible.
In the aggregate you take more than you put in. If it tries to get fixed? You complain/moan/sue the entities that attempt to do so. The Natzi's had the same argument you do now at Nuremburg then. "We were just following orders". Does not make it right.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Ah. Dinesh Sousa fan. Got it.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I think it's (very) shortsighted yes to blame Trump for that.

Trump is a debt person, so perhaps the right person for this job.. people think they can choose their president, which is nice but, bush, Obama or trump doesn't matter at all.. just a person to pick on or cheer on.

No wonder the US is now, the US 1st now.. so to speak.. the problems are huge, so they gonna try to get wealth from the rest of the world if they can, of course this is futile but they will try and go on as long as possible.. until the rest of the world wakes up, they are still drunk from the wine and goodness so to speak from the US, but it can't be long and many are already sobering up from this ''feel good'' and left with the biggest headache ever!

edit on 4-8-2017 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Well, the DOW is doing great but the dollar is tanking...

It's almost exactly where it was last year at this time .. so ... huh?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: toysforadults
The laws of supply and demand would dictate that there is more available money right??

Shouldn't the dollar be going up in value?

Supply and demand dictates that more of something means it's worth less. Scarcity creates demand.

This ^

And for the record, the Fed doesn't print money.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
This ^

It surprises me how simple economic principals are sometimes so poorly understood.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
This ^

It surprises me how simple economic principals are sometimes so poorly understood.

Yeah well people like to make things more complicated sometimes

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
When I realized the mkt doesn't operate on supply and demand principals but on speculation; my portfolio fattened up. I tried day trading when that was all the rage and learned some very expensive lessons.

I'm out of the mkt. now...Goldman Sachs might just have some idea of what's about to occur....could get gnarly!

And when Carl Ichan bails on Trump, that don't look good, believe me!!

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 18-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join