It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He went to ICE to tell agents he had gotten into college Now he and his brother have been deported

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: InsaneIthorian

He was being facetious.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: InsaneIthorian

They entered the country illegally in 2009

And just hung around for eight friggin' years.

They should have been thrown into the stocks ... and whipped for eight friggin' years.

Deportation costs money and our deserts need to be fertilized.

What the #?

Christ thats #ed up.

Sure deport illegals but torture and murder?

You have a potty mouth. Stop using bad words.

Rather have a potty mouth than advocate torture and execution for non violent crime.

Deport them, hell even put them in jail for abit but murder?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It sounds like Mexico should be happy to have this talented criminal back.

Too bad he didn't do things the right way and broke the law.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

EXACTLY......... Mexico could have made them their own 1%ers

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

El Salvador not mexico.

There is more than one country south of the border.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

They entered the country illegally in 2009

And just hung around for eight friggin' years.

They should have been thrown into the stocks ... and whipped for eight friggin' years.

Deportation costs money and our deserts need to be fertilized.

What the #?

Christ thats #ed up.

Sure deport illegals but torture and murder?

You have a potty mouth. Stop using bad words.

Rather have a potty mouth than advocate torture and execution for non violent crime.

Deport them, hell even put them in jail for abit but murder?

I don't think Arnie123 could have been more clear...just saying, it was said in humor, be it coarse, never the less

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

El Salvador not mexico.

I don't care if it is Belgium.

Do things the right way or pay the price.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

El Salvador not mexico.

I don't care if it is Belgium.

Do things the right way or pay the price.

I agree, come in illegally get kicked out.

But just assuming it was mexico......well stereotype of ignorant yank that cant read a map comes to mind

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

El Salvador not mexico.

I bet the flight has a stop-over in Mexico City

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

edit on k3708pmWed, 02 Aug 2017 22:37:24 -0500 by kimar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kimar

Don't be triggered by satire. Snarl has an especially dark humor, second only to mine. I just keep mine to myself

edit on 2-8-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Well they were only young minors when they got here. 11 and 14. Man, El Salvador sucks. The only chance they have is to be recruited by transnational drug gangs now.

I would rather keep them here to replace the #ing moron Americans that cannot even read the ticket on my Taco Bell order correctly.

Perhaps they could have received a little bit of consideration for their straight and narrow path. How about we give them the option to serve as a "volunteer" in the YPG and if they survive the fight against daesh they can return full fledge Americans, or stay as Kurds if they prefer.

What evs, # happens.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Finally, the system is working!!!

They are criminals, by definition. They should be glad they weren't fined for entering illegally.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It had to be done. Yes, this does show that the American way of life CAN help someone if they choose to help themselves, but they must enter legally, in a controlled manner.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

He went to ICE to tell agents he had gotten into college. Now he and his brother have been deported

It does not surprise that someone got into a U.S. college but didn't have enough mentality for reality to not do that. Wanted his fifteen minutes pretty bad I guess. But to some he will be a hero, albeit not a very smart one.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Isn't this like the stupid crack heads responding to police postings about "we found lost crack, please come down to our station to claim it".

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Well the person was not supposed to be here.

Merit does not change immigration status.

Seems like a poor reason. That's just justifying giving the scholarship to a less qualified person. If you want America to be competitive with the rest of the world, you can't create an unfair playing field where only Americans can get an education. Rigging things in your favor is a way to lose your edge and go downhill.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Immigration laws usually are not poor reasons.

From a humanitarian stand point it its unfortunate, but being good at soccer is not a reason to ignore the law.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

If you want America to be competitive with the rest of the world, you can't create an unfair playing field where only Americans can get an education.

See here:
Number of foriegn students in US at an all time high.

It may come as no shock to those who live here, but more international students choose to study in California than in any other state. A record high of more than 1 million foreign students came to America for higher education last school year. Four of the top 20 institutions that welcomed them were in the Golden State, according to a new report this month.

Only Americans getting an education??? Whatever.
edit on b000000312017-08-03T07:09:27-05:0007America/ChicagoThu, 03 Aug 2017 07:09:27 -0500700000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

From your source:

They entered the country illegally in 2009, however, and although they initially won reprieves from deportation, their efforts to renew those stays were repeatedly denied.

The brothers have no criminal records and would not have been a priority for deportation by the Obama administration, said Matthew Bourke, a spokesman for Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Except, Mr. Matthew Bourke, they DO have a criminal record--they broke federal law by illegally entering this country.

But there's more genius logic happening in the story:

These kids did nothing wrong ...,” said Heather Bradley, who taught Diego’s English as a Second Language class at Quince Orchard and worked with Lizandro on the literary magazine.

Except, Ms. Heather Bradley, they did do something wrong: They broke federal law by illegally entering this country.

But wait, there's even more:

“The ICE agents told me they were deporting the kids because Lizandro got into college, and that showed they intended to stay in the U.S.,” said [Nick Katz, senior manager of legal services at CASA de Maryland, who is representing the pair.]

Bourke said that is not how ICE conducts enforcement actions.

“They were issued a final order of removal by an immigration judge in 2012. That’s why they were removed,” Bourke said. The brothers were granted a stay of removal in 2013, but subsequent applications for stays were denied.

Wait, defense lawyers would fabricate a claim in order to elicit emotional reactions from the public? Noooooo...

Sorry Mr. Nick Katz, but when there is a final order of removal issued, and the stay of removal in relation to that order has expired, they are to be removed, no matter how many scholarships or lack of (other) criminal records there may be.

Many Trump supporters have applauded the increase in deportations, saying no one in this country illegally has the right to stay.

I would argue that these people aren't necessarily Trump supporters, but supporters of the law and logical thinking. The law says that someone in this country illegally does not have a right to remain here. Period.

“They have separated my family,” Lizandro and Diego’s mother, Lucia Saravia, said at a news conference outside CASA’s headquarters Wednesday afternoon. “We were together, and we were very happy.”

“The system is supposed to deport criminals — I am fine with that,” said Jonathan, 29, a carpenter. “But my brothers did nothing wrong. They’ve had their futures taken from them.”

No, Mrs. Lucia Saravia, the government has not separated your family, the decision to illegally bring these boys into the country separated your family. You signed their deportation papers the minute that you allowed them to step foot on and stay in the U.S. through illegal means. Don't pass blame because you now regret your decision because we have an administration that is actually enforcing the immigration laws.

And to Mr. Jonathan Saravia--yes, the system is supposed to deport criminals, and your brothers are criminals for illegally entering this country eight years ago. Apparently, you are not "fine with that," because they did do something wrong.

Speaking of more ill-placed blame:

“We’re all disgusted by the government,” said Matt Di Rosa, ­Lizandro’s friend and teammate, ...

Mr. Matt Di Rosa, you can be disgusted all that you want, but once you actually mature and grow up, you may realize that it was the decision of the two brothers, in the face of already established immigration laws, to choose to break federal law and enter the country illegally. One day, maybe, you'll understand the concept of "personal responsibility."

More ill-placed blame, this time from a "distinguished" member of our senate:

“Shame on President Trump for tearing apart hardworking immigrant families,” [Sen. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.)] tweeted Wednesday evening. “We should be focused on MS-13, not scholarship winners.”

Shame on you, Senator Chris Van Hollen, for blaming a president for actually enforcing federal law instead of ignoring it like his predecessor did, as if President Trump is doing the wrong thing by upholding his oath of office to "faithfully execute the office of the president" (which is required in Article II, Section 3, of the Constitution, to "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed).

The sheer ignorance and disdain that these people show for the rule of law absolutely boggles my mind--how can people be so literally dumb to that about which they are speaking--and being publicly quoted on--and still be teacher, or senators?

This country...its people and "leaders" are so damn lost that its future is consistently degrading every time someone speaks out of ignorance and emotional appeals.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join