It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Texas’: Woman fatally shoots home intruder," with alternate title.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

To be fair (and I dislike the NY mentality as much as the next guy), that part of the title is a quote...from a Texan.

I'm not saying that they didn't include it in the title in a demeaning way, but the NY Post isn't the one that said it.

Other than that, good for her.

edit on 2-8-2017 by SlapMonkey because: accidentally put "NY Times" instead of "NY Post"

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

While many perceive it as a gun loving state (it is). It also has strict laws to go with it.

You can't shoot anyone in the back (unless that's changed).

It hasn't changed.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yep. What can we say? That's our Texas! They're a little crazy down there from all the sun... It's mutated their brains to make them think that they have a right to defend themselves! Silly Texans... Why would a person Ever need a gun, as long as they have a phone? The cops Will get there eventually...your next of kin WILL be notified... I don't understand what everyone is so worried about. It's probly just those brain fried Texans can't remember the number to 911! Haha dumb hicks...

/sarc

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

While many perceive it as a gun loving state (it is). It also has strict laws to go with it.

You can't shoot anyone in the back (unless that's changed).

Yeah, its bad to shoot anyone in the back.

Shoot them in the foot, and when they fall down, go over and shoot them in the heart from the front. That should cover all the basis.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
An active thread on this story is already in this forum
Texas woman shoots, kills home intruder

Mods, please review this duplicate.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

So, they'd prefer what, that she was raped and killed??

She did what she needed to do.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Did you even read your own article?

It was a quote Her neighbour said

Cathy Hanks, a neighbor, said it’s not surprising the woman fired her pistol when she saw a threat in her home, explaining: “That’s really how we are. That’s just Texas.”

It's not mocking Texas at all. It uses her quote to get the point across that Texas is a place where you're likely to get fired at if you trespass on another persons property.

This is how I read the title too, I took it as a compliment to Texas, not a cut down.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Kind of hard to dispute that...

Come into my home with hostile intent, and you're likely not to live long enough to regret it. You'll get one warning, you heed it, you get to live, if you don't, well...on your head be it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join