It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North might be able to hit most of mainland U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Last remaining advance for its ICBM system is re-entry technology
Aug 02,2017
North Korea’s claim that it can target anywhere in the United States with its intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) is no longer bluster, U.S. intelligence officials suggested Monday.

Two officials who spoke to Reuters on the condition of anonymity said North Korea’s latest ICBM test, carried out last Friday night, has shown that the regime may be able to reach most of the continental United States.

The Pentagon reportedly refused to comment on the matter, but acknowledged that the missile represented the longest flight of any North Korean missile tested so far. The United States has yet to officially confirm that North Korea’s ICBM can reach its mainland, though several experts projected after the first ICBM test, held on July 4, that Pyongyang was now able to target as far as Alaska.

mengnews.joins.com...

I think while we're all boggled in pissant butt hurts, a nut is going to fall right between our legs and that blind squirrel is going to find it. But I'm dying to know how President Trump is going to handle this.

On his response to North Korea’s latest ICBM test, U.S. President Donald Trump told reporters on Monday at a cabinet meeting in the White House that it will be “handled” - but neglected to explain how. “We’ll handle North Korea,” he said, according to pool reports. “It will be handled. We will handle everything.”

And I'm tired of anonymous sources.

edit on 1-8-2017 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Fear-mongering 101, get people afraid of a boogeyman then have them agree to "preemptively" strike them. That's how they did it with Vietnam and that's how they did it with Iraq after 9/11, history repeating itself.
edit on 8/1/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
"North Korea’s claim that it can target anywhere in the United States with its intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) is no longer bluster, U.S. intelligence officials suggested Monday. "

I can "Target" all of NK with my winkie, doesn't mean I can hit them from here.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Fear-mongering 101, get people afraid of a boogeyman then have them agree to "preemptively" strike them. That's how they did it with Vietnam and that's how they did it with Iraq after 9/11, history repeating itself.

Yep same old rhetoric, beat of the war drums, I see right through it, since 9/11.

The want Americans afraid of an enemy that doesn't exist.

But.. as always... the majority buy into the bull. I shake my head, I really do.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Just appease the Lefties by getting rid of our Minuteman III's. 450 launches with multiple warheads each dropping on Lil Kimmi. No more expense of running them ancient silos, win win for everyone.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
"North Korea’s claim that it can target anywhere in the United States with its intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) is no longer bluster, U.S. intelligence officials suggested Monday. "

I can "Target" all of NK with my winkie, doesn't mean I can hit them from here.

Yeah but you're smart, others will read this and simply see the word "Target"... process it as "Delivery".. then stare at the floor, and proceed to support an invasion or preemptive strike.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If NK does hit a city in the US
you'll know TPTB let it happen.
Most of NPK's missiles crash 3 miles off NK's coast.
And there is zero chance I believe their
submarine launch capabilities are that much
better.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
When at the movies, if you get burnt popcorn you should immediately scream FIRE! and then stampede over people in a desperate attempt to escape, like your life depends on it, because the theater MIGHT be on fire.

Or you might just laugh at the movie instead.

edit on 1-8-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
If NK does hit a city in the US
you'll know TPTB let it happen.
Most of NPK's missiles crash 3 miles off NK's coast.
And there is zero chance I believe their
submarine launch capabilities are that much
better.

Not with leftover WW2 diesel submarines they got from China. Who purchased them from a Russian ship graveyard.
Well , the Chinese did repaint them to cover up the rust.

link   
you can bet your bottom dollar if the Norks actually nuke something people will be crying "false flag" before the mushroom clouds even reach peak. There will be youtube documentaries and Michael Moore flapping his bingo wings all over the place,the bottom line is the Norks will nuke something and we have to allow it to some point because we cant just go in and attack North Korea because they are sabre rattling as the resulting conflict will still be as deadly and it still won't prevent people yelling false flag and conspiracy,damned if you do damned if you don't. so let fire rain from the sky and lets have us a big dust up.
edit on 1-8-2017 by modified device because: because Stone Cold said so.

link   
Cold war is better than hot war, and the economy does better in cold war times.

Also... 3NL1GHT3N3D1 I don't agree with your 'preemptive' assessment of Vietnam. We inherited from the French and started out as advisers.

But hay, donch'a know, August 28th I think, something bigly is happening ...eclipses, mooner babies, stars and constellations galore...... Look up..!

For the North to fire on us would be pretty much like a Doomsday scenario with vast areas of the Earth uninhabitable long after Chernobyl and Fukashima are re-inhabitable.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

A "mite" is what grows on a chicken's a**
So my grandma used to say , anytime one of us used the word "might"

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

win win for everyone.

Except for the innocent people who are killed from no fault of their own. But who cares about them? We're out for blood! 'Murica!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I was speaking of the Gulf of Tonkin false flag. They made Vietnam the boogeyman by saying they attacked us when they really didn't.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: TinfoilTP

win win for everyone.

Except for the innocent people who are killed from no fault of their own. But who cares about them? We're out for blood! 'Murica!

It's a dangerous game of chicken.

Damned if you do; damned if you don't. You're betting that Lil' Kim would never dare use a nuke, but if you're wrong, how many innocent people die? You're out for moral superiority, so who cares about them?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I misunderstood, your right, it was a sketchy incident.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What's Fat Man the Little Boy Kim have to gain by just launching a nuke at the US. Oh, yeah, complete and total annihilation within 20 minutes. Yeah, he's going to do that just for the hell of it. Right.

If all ye conservatives would cut this Neocon world domination BS out of your jib, which tends to be pro-genocide pro-brutality pro-global tyranny pro-bomb splattered baby corpses, then even if people didnt necessarily agree with all you other policies you'd still have complete and total moral logical rational reasonable dominance compared to the SJW left. Instead, all the conservative bitching about liberal authoritarianism here at home while your fear mongering about little twerps on the other side of the globe for example (which its Neocon posturing that is every bit as guilty in inflaming the NK scenario as anything NK ever says), well your jaw furthers the global tyrannical dictatorship model abroad.

And the most peculiar bit of all is, you're all against the MSM now, except when they're feeding you war propaganda then it's to be streamered on big banners off the back of your trucks with cannons shooting red white and blue confetti (and pyrotechnics) every time you hit the gas pedal.

edit on 1-8-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Just appease the Lefties by getting rid of our Minuteman III's. 450 launches with multiple warheads each dropping on Lil Kimmi. No more expense of running them ancient silos, win win for everyone.

The best part of the nuclear holocaust is not having to read inane stuff like this ever again.

Anyway...

North Korea probably can hit the US. There is absolutely no reason to worry about that.

Do you ever worry about the thousands of warheads the Russians and Chinese have aimed at your country at this very minute?

No? Thought not.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How do you know that isn't what they're thinking about us as well?

North Korea would be the absolute dumbest country in the history of the world if they attacked the U.S., it is certain death for them and I don't think they're that stupid personally.

How are we any different from NK if we attack first like you say we should?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think it's dangerous to underestimate Kim. Remember how brutal his regime is.....how many people got killed....even members of his own family. Executions are done publicly, and it was recently reported that Kim's regime even held some in schoolyards! Unbelievable.

Anyone capable of such things is more than capable of using nukes. Imo NK should be taken seriously, and even if their missiles couldn't reach the US (but they can), they are more than capable of attacking its neighbors and our troops in the region. Not just with nukes, but also chemical and biological weapons, and EMP's.

What really gets me is how reluctant the current Administration seems to be with respect to taking action. Sorry, but imho "action" isn't endless rounds of talks and sanctions, which never work with Kim anyway. And never will.

And, what else really bothers me is that we still haven't retaliated for the murder of Otto Warmbier. I never thought that Pres. Trump would be the type of Potus to sit back and take all of this nonsense (like former Pres. Obama, who makes me think of Neville Chamberlain).

So we're damned if we do and damned if we don't. If we do a pre-emptive strike, then those who accuse people like me of warmongering will hit the roof and cry foul, even though a pre-emptive strike could save many lives (as opposed to all those who would be killed by Kim's WMD's.).

If we don't take action and Kim strikes first, then those who say we shouldn't do a pre-emptive strike will most likely ask "why didn't you do anything?"

We can't win no matter what. War is coming. Instead of bemoaning that fact we need to prepare, because I guarantee you if the worst happens (nuke and/or emp) the gov't won't be here to help us.

Think "Katrina" but on a national scale.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join