It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 New Texas Counties Sign 287(g) Agreements with ICE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Looks like more and more counties are getting on board with the Federal ICE program(s) that "allow" local police to hold on to illegal immigrants so the Feds can enforce the laws.

Texas has 18 new sign-ons now.

The trains are rolling and the illegals are growling and scattering.

18 New Texas Counties Sign 287(g) Agreements with ICE

At an event in Grapevine, Texas ICE formally announced that 18 new 287(g) agreements had been signed throughout the state of Texas. This brings the total number of agreements to 60, almost double from the number of active agreements in 2016.

A 287(g) agreement allows local police in those jurisdictions to be trained to enforce federal immigration laws. This training provides state and local police with additional tools they can use to prosecute crimes committed by aliens, especially gang violence and document fraud, while reducing the impact of illegal immigration on local communities.

“The 287(g) program is about identifying criminality, not nationality,” said Sheriff A.J. Louderback of Jackson County, Texas. “The common bond in professional law enforcement is a public safety partnership and those who stand here today have chosen the best possible path to protecting their communities.”

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
My goodness! That's exactly what we want in Europe. Whoops sorry, most people believe we don't have a problem with immigrants.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Is that the one blocking up the courts and slowing down deportations?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
My goodness! That's exactly what we want in Europe. Whoops sorry, most people believe we don't have a problem with immigrants.

It's certainly much harder to get a job as an illegal immigrant in Europe. The scale isn't close. 12-20 million in the US illegal.

That doesn't happen because democrats want votes. It happens because the black market labor and transport trade has bipartisan support.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Interesting.

I'd simply like to add, from personal observation, that for the last two weeks, the Texas highway patrol/state police known as the Texas Department of Public Safety, has been out in force, in record numbers in rural towns and on highways. Never seen anything like this. My wife and I see 4, 5 or more DPS vehicles all around the small town we go to for groceries and sundries. Its quite amazing.

The area has numerous river crossings, lakes and raftable streams and we're seeing DPS vehicles parked at these venues as well.

Something's up!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Illegal aliens should get wise. Declare themselves "free." And then sit down and write themselves "Articles of Declaration" and their own "Constitution".

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
Illegal aliens should get wise. Declare themselves "free." And then sit down and write themselves "Articles of Declaration" and their own "Constitution".

In their own Countries, Yes.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Sometimes the feds pay money for working on their projects. Some cops might be detailed to immigration type duties ...with partial or full reimbursement from the feds for their time etc. I-35 and I-45 are full of cops working fed interdiction type stuff. Your area might be a local version of that. Plenty of state cops working DEA..trucking enforcement, etc fed grants/programs. Prolly immigration too nowadays.
edit on 1-8-2017 by FrostyFlakes because: spelling etc

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Texas is a red state, yeah we border Mexico, but that doesn't mean we roll over and accept it. We have tough border patrol, but we also have corruption.

I recently found out that my hometown, San Antonio, may be a sanctuary city...

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Well, it becomes their own country, once they write their own "Constitution".

Isn't that how it works?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
can you call illegals law breakers from now on to change the lexicon for a more fitting description?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Well, it becomes their own country, once they write their own "Constitution".

Isn't that how it works?

The U.S. isn't their country. That's how it works.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

The U.S. isn't their country. That's how it works.

Maybe not. But, who says this land is the "U.S." ?

Have you never read the scriptures?

Mary said to Jesus, "Whom are your disciples like?"

He said, "They are like children who have settled in a field which is not theirs. When the owners of the field come, they will say, 'Let us have back our field.' They (will) undress in their presence in order to let them have back their field and to give it back to them.
-- The Gospel of Thomas #21

So, before pointing fingers at others and claiming they are illegals, one should look in the mirror and ask "Who Am I?".

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Really? I was a carpenter in Texas for 14 years.

It was mostly illegals, everywhere. Ranch hands, city workers, lawn crews you name it. If you wanted to have an effect you would make it much harder to get employed. Remember that e verify system we never made mandatory?

It's no secret, everybody loves low prices.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Oh trust me, there were illegals up the yin yang, then some of those illegals decided on doing things the right way.
Now, we have mexicanos pissed that these guys can waltz in while THEY had to work for their citizenship.
Don't get it mixed up, there are plenty of mexicanos here who don't like illegals, especially well off ones.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Get what mixed up...it seems your confused..

Who makes more,..the Mexican laborer getting min wage, or the employer saving all that money cheating the system and reinvesting that for profit?

Seems to me your going after the wrong folks.

Also every country cotrols illegal immigrants with employment verification. I wonder why we dont......must be just the Democrats wanting votes right?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Get what mixed up...it seems your confused..

Who makes more,..the Mexican laborer getting min wage, or the employer saving all that money cheating the system and reinvesting that for profit?

Seems to me your going after the wrong folks.

Also every country cotrols illegal immigrants with employment verification. I wonder why we dont......must be just the Democrats wanting votes right?

Thats not a valid business concept. We hire CITIZENS.
Yes, I get it, cheap. Cheaper, hench, why we do business with China.
Again, you're mixing it uo, it takes away from the community.
Its seems like illegals are going after the wrong ball, get citizenship like the rest of their people and pay taxes.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

So the guy with a crew of illegals not paying taxes, workman's comp etc...

Your pretty naive to how it works

Literally every country controls immigration with employment verification why again do we not?

Why are the employers not cracked down on....because they give consumers cheaper prices..

Trumps plan is a gimmick not intended to actually solve the problem.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

So the guy with a crew of illegals not paying taxes, workman's comp etc...

Your pretty naive to how it works

Literally every country controls immigration with employment verification why again do we not?

Why are the employers not cracked down on....because they give consumers cheaper prices..

Trumps plan is a gimmick not intended to actually solve the problem.
BS.
Come back to San Antonio and point to me what businesses have a crap load of illegals working for them.

You realize we have a huge issue with human trafficking? as a result of illegals and so called, cheap labor? Of course not.

Sure, I may be naive about business, but law? no and because you want to save a few bucks, break the law?
No. You must be old, like 90s old because you would have something to stand on, now? No.

You want to work? You get citizenship. Its that simple and no excuse from you will justify any of the stuff spilling out your mouth.

Again, I challenge you, if you're not in San Antonio, to point to me a business full of illegals, I dare you. I live 5 mins from Downtown, I've walked the streets and been as far south and west to the east side.
edit on 2-8-2017 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

...and just for the record, illegals make up 6% of the workforce here in Texas. Whilw they themselves live in poor communities and dead economy, it becomes a huge burden to local services.

President Trump has already said that he will create measures that would facilitate an easy transition to citizenship and nobody denies that immigrants are bad, they bring positive influece. Except my version of immigrants are people who come here legally and bring a piece of that nations identity. They put in and we all gain.
Illegals? they don't put into the system, a burden to local services and a toxic community that results in human trafficking, facts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join