It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest: Abe, Trump agree to action against North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe says he and President Donald Trump have spoken by phone and agreed to take further action against North Korea following its latest missile launch.

Abe told reporters after the call Monday morning Asia time that Trump pledged to “take all necessary measures to protect” Japan and that Abe praised his commitment to do so.

www.apnews.com...

According to Japan's Prime Minister, Shinzo Abe, he and President Trump had a phone call conversation in which President Trump pledged to take all necessary measures to protect Japan. Both leaders also agreed to "take further action against North Korea following it's latest missile launch."

Would this be wise? I wouldn't have given up our plans to "take further measures against North Korea" knowing for a fact that Kim is even crazier than his father and just "for spite" he would use nuclear weapons.

Now North Korea, and their "crazy leader" know our plans and could "take further measures as well".

edit on 31-7-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
If the world sits back and NK nukes Japan - Trump is blamed and the west is held accountable for not protecting

America steps in to stop it - Trump is labelled a dictator and wants war and the west is judged

(post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse
Don't worry. The commitment is so unspecific that it gives away no information at all. Anyone could have predicted that a President would give comforting reassurances, and the word "necessary" is his get-out. It leaves him free to decide that extreme measures like nuclear first strikes are "not necessary". North Korea does not "know our plans" They have learned nothing from this announcement, and are left guessing like the rest of us.

edit on 31-7-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
edited
edit on 31-7-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: edited for double post

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Well, here is the thing.

US, allies prepared to use 'overwhelming force' in North Korea, general says

This reminds me of Ed Dames prediction that North Korea would first use a nuke as an exercise, and the next nuke they would use in the Korean peninsula against our troops as an act of anger.

i hope this never happens, but is it really that unlikely knowing how crazy and spoiled little brat that Kim is?

edit on 31-7-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
OK, but I don't think the Prime Minister's statement adds any information to that. Kim always knew the options were there. The ambiguous word "necessary" still leaves him guessing about which one will be used. Obviously Trump was never going say "We won't help you", so what else could he have said? That's what makes the statement predictable and uninformative.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose

America steps in to stop it - Trump is labelled a dictator and wants war and the west is judged

By who?

South Korea, Australia, Japan, USA the EU all agree that NK is a fully rogue state. China remains fairly neutral but does take some small punitive measures.

Of all the places the USA could have invaded in the last 29 years, NK ranks as one of the top places that they should have but did not.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

It's a precarious position considering China being North Korea's neighbor and ally. Russia is also regionally close to North Korea. Any nuclear exchange by the U.S. would certainly have radiation fallout for South Korea, Japan and a portion of China and possibly Russia. With it will bring U.S. condemnation from China and Russia and possible retaliation due to radiation fallout.

Keeping it conventional would mean using bunker busting bombs and a devastating bombardment of Kim and his regime. Some of that bombing will certainly kill innocent North Korean civilians and be near the border of South Korea and China.
Bombing so close to China and Russia and using the excuse of killing innocent North Koreans and creating a regional threat to both China and Russia could make them justify coming to the defense of North Korea. It's most likely the reason why the U.S. avoided confronting North Korea and called on China to clamp down on Kim and his nuclear testing.

Kim is out of control and dangerous with his nuclear arsenal. If the U.S. strikes, they have to make sure his entire regime and military is eliminated. The entire country needs to be brought into the 21st century. Unfortunately, the citizens of North Korea have been brain-washed for so many years by Kim's father and his power hungry son.

Let's hope we can get rid of this North Korean maniac without starting World War III. With the nuclear arsenal of 3 major powers, life on this planet could easily be eliminated.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Let's hope we can get rid of this North Korean maniac without starting World War III. With the nuclear arsenal of 3 major powers, life on this planet could easily be eliminated.

I'm pretty sure you will ignore my post but , kimi is not the instigator of ww3, he is a little piece, he is not a peon he is more like a knight or maybe a bishop, but far from a king or a queen.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Raggedyman

Well if Obama wasn't such a buffoon and his bimbo hilary had have done a little more than pad their own nests, it wouldn't have got this far

You remember the movie "gladiator" it was set during Commodos's reign , the vile narcissism he portrayed is at the same point that our current leaders are at....

That is one of my favorite movies. Hopefully if NK does nuke us, they can give us like a few hours warning so I can watch it one last time. With my son of course.

I'm glad to see we are working with Japan though.
-Alee

top topics

join