It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aldous Huxley 1958 Interview

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

omg thats a bit.. lol wow. Ive spoken in the past that when i was four, the world the way it worked depressed me so deeply i wanted to not exist..

and then i soma'd myself.

I love me some Huxley of course.

you helped me find my morning listen.

edit on 30-7-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Smart for a four year old.
I'm really angry right now at some faceless scientist who probably thought that's funny..

This is why I think Huxley chose the name

wiki
edit on 30-7-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

yep thats the soma I know. Well not that I know which plant or mushroom it is but yea.

weve been opening the doors of perception for a long time now.

smart for a four year old? depressing and heartbreaking more like it. thats when I decided to keep my thoughts to myself. I thought is was so crazy that the only way it made sense was everyone was in on this as an experiment to see how reverbs takes to his prison cell. and obvioudly you are all aliens. young reverbs couldnt fathom people being so complacent or so evil.. had to be aliens..

nope thats just society.. lol.
oh gawd im soo jaded.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Glad you closed your statement with this

"I tried to kill myself since I'm four
"
Takes the edge off

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

good thing i took my soma then lol

my only depression since 2009 is breakups and stopping drugs.

im lightly agitated since not smoking in 3 weeks maybe four cant remember.

alll i have left is my beer.

i think living soma free for a good stent will show me how i really feel about all of this and all of you.

huxley was off in his simplistic thinking. Its not a world government force. Its not one drug called soma.. its a choice people make in pain avoidance. people will first choose to mess with genetics of their babies to avoid desease and then to inhance intelligence and physicality. people always enjoy sex, but companionship, love, trust... some good bits of human nature always preserve some sort of community.. and obviously the spirit of freedom that is strong around the world can only be worked around with the illusion of free choice not outright control.. the cage cant have walls..

I don't know.. To me the future coukd go anywhere. Im excited to see how nutty it all gets haha.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

so I was just watching something .. um so you know roombas? those self driving vacuum cleaners? they randomly drive around your house and keep track of where they go..

well that information forms a map of your house even including what furniture you have.. that data apparently was kept and sold to google and others for like the last decade..

what i was watch8ng said isnt that super #ing awesome?? they can better sell you products..

all i can do is laugh..

I mean its kinda funny watching humans fall for it.

so that and phones and your sony fridge ordering you new food cause it noticed your yogurt was out of date.. all talking together eventually connected with ai... or maybe already is to some degree..

then you set the "goals" of "humanity" into the ai coding...

bam earths own personal micromanaging god.

oh you ordered pizza two times this week and you live alone? your insurance just went up. you didnt exercise today so your tv access has been locked...
or even better your views on reality are not matching the hive minds goals.. targetted ads and behavior modification "games" you have to play..

my what beautifully maleable brains you have.
The better to serve you with my dear.

LMAO

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Dude...Black Mirror... just watch that. Loads of similiar almost all interesting topics.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Way to freak ATS out!!!

Great topic btw! Love u guys...

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Me? What do I do? I just write here.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

yea so i watched the first episode some time ago. Lions and Tigers snd Pigs oh my...

Just watched that second one. pretty much exactly what I was saying above. Uncomfortable to watch especially "ill use my lifes savings so you can become a..." heartbreaking in a dark way. of course dark.. its the black mirror after all.

Brother!

edit on 31-7-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Oh yeah right as I watched it I wanted to give everybody the advice: don't start with the first episode. Inside the mindframe you build up while watching it, you get to the point where it makes sense, but as a first it's a horrible choice.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

y..e..a..

well I understood why it was first. People wonder why would people go along with a certain direction. Its always different motivations. One guy is a mercenary. Aonother kmows the full plan.. Somome else knows the second step but if she knew more would kill herself.. hehe...

Blackmail to be blackmailed which can be later used to blackmail you is sort of this game of chicken the human race is now trapped in. Certain key people, but then....

but then everyone is afraid to rock the boat because current society provides so much.. so thats kind of a situation like a bad ex you cant get away from because the alternative is living alone. Psychologically forced hands do a lot.. A Lot of work.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

It's like a car accident if you expect technological science fiction.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

He expanded on all that in this speech at Berkeley. Prophetic stuff, actually.

"And it seems to me perfectly in the cards that there will be within the next generation or so a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing ⦠a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda, brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods."

Aldous Huxley - The Ultimate Revolution

Brainwashing by enhanced pharma(logical)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ah I love him. I think I'll go read my book that I've had since 10th grade for the 20th time now. That man had some powerful insight.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
huxley was part of the gl0balsts back then. he would attend the bildaberg meetings of his day. his job was to write 'fiction' about it, to desensitise the masses, so when these fokks impliment their plans, people will say, 'well its been going to that way for a while now...'
spielberg is doing it today, that scumbag glorifies war every chance he can get, and if you ever saw minority report, he kept bragging how 'cool' the advertisements hitting your senses non stop would be.
so hux is not gifted or enlightened, he was a globalist lapdog, house slave. pos
edit on 31-7-2017 by dantanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

mr. huxley and mr. orwell both have visions of the future (our present). i can see both visions in bits and pieces in today's life. sometimes i get lost in thought at the wonders of our world. the insanity that seems to prevail in every walk of life.

one can argue we are being controlled by prescription drugs, social media, and a corporate controlled main stream media. advertisers have created a world of consumers who only seek their own pleasure.....even at the expense of others.

we live in crazy times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join