It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Threatens To End The Congressional Exemption From ObamaCare!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: daveinats
Outstanding! If you make the laws, you must abide by them!!!!

All of Congress are already on ObamaCare. Illegally...but they're on it.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: infolurker

Do it!!! Come on Trump, do something right for once and Do this!!

Think he's be exempting himself though in the process or just those in Congress???

He should lead by example and put everyone in Government on the same level as the people of this country. Then we'll see some changes happen real fast.

Did you forget he's already working for free?

No he's not.
membership fee at Mar-A-Lago just went from 100k to 200k.
his hotels and other stuff and golf courses are still earning him money via licensing and what-not.

I remember hearing him say "any money I make overseas during my term if I am elected will go STRAIGHT INTO THE U.S. TREASURY".

Do you remember that?

I do.

russia

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
time.com...

Yeah. Watch that one all the way through watch his expression and Pence too while she talks and even try watching it with silent audio to see the faces they make and the tension

and if you don't want to try to watch the whole thing, here's a link to the part where she says "he is going to volunteert---------" (end clip)

(weird that it cut off ! )

edit on 1-8-2017 by MortonBunkum because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2017 by MortonBunkum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

He's making plenty of money in other ways than his presidential salary.

Giving that up makes for a nice PR story, but that's all it is.

In fact I'd much rather him follow the ethics rules and separate himself from his own personal businesses while being president and take his salary than do what he's doing. At least then he'd only be getting paid from the people he's representing. As long as he stays tied to the operations of his own private businesses his decisions will still involve those private businesses too.

As a president with private businesses and deals in various countries around the world it's far too easy for him to be making deals and decisions based on those deals earning him far more money than his presidential salary ever would.

That is why it's important that any sitting president separate himself from all private enterprise until he's out of office. So that his attention and decision making is about the Nations best interest and not his own private interest. That is why we pay him.

If he doesn't want to work for us and accept what we pay him he doesn't have to be president. That's why the rules are set up they way they are and why every other president has always followed them.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
The fact that congress exempted themselves from this in the first place was the first death knell.

Are we to believe, truly, that the privileged few who own us would even think about using the same healthcare system as the rest of the masses? Those disease ridden hospitals, those 4 hour wait times? The crowded waiting rooms and cold coffee?

No, they would not use the same facilities, even if the law applies to them. They'd simply choose something else, or fly out of the country to get treated, somewhere like Luxembourg - where healthcare is stupidly good.

Just the fact that it would cost them out of their own pocket is enough for me.

Good, let them lose a weeks pay to fly to Thailand or South Korea for that nip and tuck, ON THEIR OWN DIME!

They are defrauding the tax payers with a bogus classification of a Small Biz anyway.

It has to stop.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
Stop talking about it and DO IT!!! It's exactly the kick in the behind that they all deserve....

Here's a very logical argument for ending the subsidies that are ILLEGALLY applied to lower the monthly ObamaCare health insurance premiums for Congress and their staff.

Stop their Subsidy and they will Quickly Kill ObamaCare - www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Sounds good. Make there children attend state schools too.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I think part of the problem is that to get elected to congress, you have to almost be a millionaire to pay for all the fees and advertising to get there. Millionaires in my opinion no longer understand what it's like to live paycheck to paycheck and have mandated insurance that costs more than you can afford even when you are healthy and rarely even see the doctor. The insurance premiums need to go way down. If they were lower, we wouldn't need subsidies etc. and a plan where you hope you never get sick because after paying 6000 a year and not even going to the doctor one time, your out of pocket deductible is like 6000 as well if anything happens. Maybe it's only 4000 but it's still higher than many can afford.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Never seen someone so desperate to be loved ever in my life...trump is an historical deplorable mess.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
All successful people have more than one stream of income. I didn't say he wasn't making money. I said he was doing the job for free.and he is. Don't act like he doesn't have convictions.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: mOjOm
All successful people have more than one stream of income. I didn't say he wasn't making money. I said he was doing the job for free.and he is. Don't act like he doesn't have convictions.

He's not doing the job for free if he's still making money on the side.

That's the whole reason we pay him in the first place so he doesn't have to make money on the side while president. It's a conflict of interest like that.

Don't act like he's not a shady business man.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join