It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Threatens To End The Congressional Exemption From ObamaCare!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: infolurker

Do it!!! Come on Trump, do something right for once and Do this!!

Think he's be exempting himself though in the process or just those in Congress???

He should lead by example and put everyone in Government on the same level as the people of this country. Then we'll see some changes happen real fast.

I hope he does it. I seriously do. And while he's at it, cut their salary down to federal minimum wage. See how they manage to afford their care making $7.25 an hour. Often, the hard lessons are best learned through experience. Damn right.

Sorry, an 16-year old off the street with no marketable skills is not an apt comparison. And yes I know there is plenty of joke material in that last sentence.

Their wages are passed by legislation. I *would* like to see their salaries approved by a national/state/district vote instead of them voting more money for themselves, though.

There are college educated adults in this country being forced to live onminimum wage. A large percentage of those are our own military enlisted.

The fantasy that only teenagers make minimum wage is one of the main reasons it has not been increased in the last twenty years. People simply don't see what is happening right in their own community, so of course they're not going to see the bigger problem throughout an entire country.

That's not an accident either...there's a reason why our government wants people like yourself to go on thinking that people like myself are not being forced to live on minimum wage and barely scraping by...that there are people going without food who don't qualify for any assistance, through no fault of their own. Meanwhile, those in the position to do something about it are getting fat salaries and unlimited perks and benefits. That is reality. That is America.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Stop talking about it and DO IT!!! It's exactly the kick in the behind that they all deserve....

edit on 31-7-2017 by toolgal462 because: KICK not kiss!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Wouldn't that be something.

Instead of draining the swamp. Have it drain it's self.
edit on 31-7-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: silly little typos

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

If we ever want to have the best healthcare in the world, we should make congressmen and senators have to get the same healthcare the average American is able to afford. Within a couple of weeks we would have the best health coverage imaginable. This is a good thing, I hope they enjoy what they expect us to use.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Take away the Comgress and Senate healthcare and give them all ObamaCare. And to top it off make them pay for it themselves, like the rest of us.

Congress already has Obamacare. The problem is that they signed up for the business version of Obamacare and are receiving subsidies from the treasury to help each member pay their premium. Congress is not a business so they are breaking the law by doing this.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

star for you

yes some of us work for 8 bucks an hour with no benefits just to keep up with our house's maintenance

we would have been retired by now

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The point is that minimum wage jobs should not be career jobs, not that there aren't people forced to take them to make ends meet.

If we would stop regulating and taxing the economy into the ground, then maybe better jobs would be more abundant and minimum wage jobs would be more what should be and less what they have recently become.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

There are college educated adults in this country being forced to live onminimum wage. A large percentage of those are our own military enlisted.

Mil enlisted make more than min wage, so not sure your point, and in the Air Force 8% of enlisted have a Bachelor degree, with most of them in the Senior NCO group.

Colleges have screwed people over more than anything else. They made degrees for everyone to buy even though most do not align with the job market. Its all about profit for colleges....

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The point is that minimum wage jobs should not be career jobs, not that there aren't people forced to take them to make ends meet.

If we would stop regulating and taxing the economy into the ground, then maybe better jobs would be more abundant and minimum wage jobs would be more what should be and less what they have recently become.

The problem is, some people don't have the means to get an education or better themselves, so they are stuck in low wage jobs. There are two paths to a college education in the US: affluent parents, or debt slavery. Even with student loans, most people wont make it through 4 years of college because they lack the support they need to go to school full time. I am willing to bet most people don't want a low wage job, they are stuck in one.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Out of 79.9 million hourly workers only 700k are at minimum wage, and that is less than 1%. 2.7% if you add in those jobs that get tips too.

Min wage is just a baseline to start from for all hourly jobs and that is why so few are actually min wage.

edit on 31-7-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Congress is going to keep the group Obamacare insurance that they obtained illegally, and also the monthly premium subsidies that they are receiving illegally.

Republicans have given in to Democrat demands. They are through fighting to repeal and replace Obamacare. Totally disgusting.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

There are two paths to a college education in the US: affluent parents, or debt slavery.

That's the problem. colleges have been very successful in creating a narrative that you can not get anywhere in life without a degree and they fail to count the millions of skill base jobs that pay extremely well, compared to Degree jobs. A plummer is a 60k a year job as example.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: openminded2011

There are two paths to a college education in the US: affluent parents, or debt slavery.

That's the problem. colleges have been very successful in creating a narrative that you can not get anywhere in life without a degree and they fail to count the millions of skill base jobs that pay extremely well, compared to Degree jobs. A plummer is a 60k a year job as example.

Find out what jobs are in demand. Select one that pays what you require and that you think you will be able to do. Get the necessary training to get hired. Trade school college etc. Whatever it takes to get your resume up to par. You may have to relocate. Watch out for sharks they'll be there for you every step of the way.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Nope..Prez Trump knows congress is on Obamacare....and, ...and...and...and, he knows that they get govt subsidy to obamacare that joe citizen doesnt.

You can put me on obamacare also if you cover 72% of my premiums like the congress subsidy.

Trump may be a dummy but his detractors are often dumber.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: FrostyFlakes

I don't use Obama care. I'm still mostly insured by my employer just like Congress, but not at tax payers expense. This could be the first step to get rid of my semi affordable care also.

Is the gubbermint going to pay for our Health care. No. Does Obama Care pay our health care. No. Then we all had it better - with more choices before Obama Care. The only ones that get Obama Care for free are those without a dime to their name. The rest of us will not have a dime to our name also if this continues.

They need to just get rid of Obama car funded by illegal seizure of real estate investors profits.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

Find out what jobs are in demand. Select one that pays what you require and that you think you will be able to do. Get the necessary training to get hired. Trade school college etc. Whatever it takes to get your resume up to par. You may have to relocate. Watch out for sharks they'll be there for you every step of the way.

Skill trade is not super hard, and it doesn't take 4 or 5 years either. I would say learn a skill as a apprentice/basics laborer. Then work your skill to become really good at it, and at that point go to college to open your own small company down the road as a long term goal. Not a bad plan.

A friend of mine retired from the Air Force and completed a three year plummer apprenticeship in about 12 months and I asked him if he was just super talented. He said no...he came to work each day, on time, wasn't drunk or high, and did a full day of work where others just didn't come back after lunch. That was his big difference....

With my kids I have told them that if they are not getting recruited by companies by their Junior year they have a going no where degree, that is worth not much more than "I have education past high school"....

edit on 1-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

That ignores the trades which are needing people right now. Skilled trades are good careers and do not require degrees even if they do require apprenticeships.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Outstanding! If you make the laws, you must abide by them!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Do it!!! Come on Trump, do something right for once and Do this!!

Think he's be exempting himself though in the process or just those in Congress???

He should lead by example and put everyone in Government on the same level as the people of this country. Then we'll see some changes happen real fast.

Did you forget he's already working for free?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

true statements

friendly point out that spelling grammar and vocabulary are also very very important

Skilled Trades now often require computer savvy, and are very competitive at recruiting young engineers and programmers

Apprenticeships are still available in electrical and a couple others like glaziers and plumbers

skilled trades are a HUGELY untapped submarket, and where I live we are organizing like never before. Not as a "union", but as a COMMUNITY. Encouraging outside for kids, learning how to DIY, caring for gardens and livestock, raising chickens and goats....

that is what needs to be happening on a local level

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join