It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My abortion rant

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I don't really care one way or another about abortion.
I think the reasons people's we to justify it are bull#.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No but you do get to ask if they care if a piece their tax dollars go twards them ..

That is a fair analogy..

Not "how many do you plan on housing personally.."

That would be even with some one asking you "how many were you planning on adopting.. "

But almost no one says that..

The normal spiel is " they insist you have every pregnancy.. but refuse to allow the government services that would help successfully raise the kid.."

That he not equal to " how many immigrants do you want to house personally.."

Your the one postulating that people who want to have services that help homeless people , should have to personally House them..

No one is saying that every prolife person should have to adopt a dozen unwanted children...

People are just saying it is hypocritical to restrict abortion and then be against food stamps and welfare for the child after it is born..

Pot meet kettle...

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Liquesence

You're putting limitations on what any of us can say, yet you say you're for free speech.

hmpf.

You are free to say whatever you like. I never put limits on that.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

So you want responsible free speech.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

There was a case recently in India, a 10 year old was raped by her uncle and the courts didn't allow her an abortion. I think in extreme cases like that, it's a pretty tough decision, because I don't even think it is safe for the 10 year old to give birth. Otherwise, I'm with you, especially when most cases it's just irresponsible animals that can't control their private parts and don't want to deal with the repercussions.

edit on 24-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Does Roe Vs Wade apply in India?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Here's my abortion rant.
If someone wants one, it's none of my business.... and if someone doesn't, it's none of my business. I leave you free to run your life the way you see fit and you leave me alone to run mine.

I am ashamed of the republican attitude towards this. This is clearly a states rights issue and a matter for the citizens to decide for themselves.

If people are so offended by it, they deserve to have a state to live in whose citizens have voted to make it illegal.... just as a person should be free to reside in a state where it is legal. One size does not fit all and we are supposed to have 50 different sizes to try until we find the best fit. We were only supposed to be able to annoy the citizens of our own state..... not the citizens of every state.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I have to agree.
Most abortions are just people wanting to get rid of an unwanted pregnancy.
And they have that right.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I have no clue.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
My thing is if the argument is that it's a collection of cells that can't naturally survive out of the mother's womb, then shouldn't we technically abort all socialized programs? We shouldn't help in natural disasters, we shouldnt try to cure natural diseases, we shouldn't explore space if we can't explore without equipment. Science, medicine, and religion should all be relinquished, that is essentially an argument for true personalized natural selection.
edit on 24-7-2017 by TheLead because: F*** yo couch!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Respect

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I haven't seen any laws that force a women to abort a baby, heck you can't even force a catholic hospital to properly treat a women in miscarriage or a tubal pregnancy!!

I do see a lot of laws being passed in an attempt to prevent women from having abortions, usually with no consideration for her health or well being!!

if a country can go bomb the heck out of villages in far away lands to protect their lives, their economy, their way of life.... many times based on made up reasons
then I fail to see the problem when a women choses to abort trying to protect those same very same things!!

and, by the way, I spoke out against the obamacare mandates....

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

I think it has way more to do with the real life ramifications..

Women have been drinking weird herbs and other such things to end unwanted pregnancy for all of recorded history..

Restricting it in the modern age just has scared teenage girls looking up YouTube remedies..

We don't have people to adopt all the unwanted kids that are born..

People forget their was a problem that abortion fixed that led to that ruling..

Where do you think the coat hanger analogy came from??

Then add to that rape and incest...

The reason we have legal abortion wasn't based on some scientific finding that changed everyone's minds..

It was based off the fact people were dying and hurting themselves in attempted home remedies..

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

If I had to blame anyone or anything for abortions IN GENERAL (not for every abortion, so cool your jets) it would be the church.

Religion made unwed mothers a bad thing. Society took up the charge and also enabled religion to condemn unwed mothers.

The "shame" created by the church of motherhood without a married father led many to have abortions.

Yeah sure, churches are against it now, but they should own up to the creation and wholesale slaughter of unborn children.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I understand that, but people were hurting themselves due to the ramifications of their own actions (outside of rape and incest, generally everybody agrees with extenuating circumstances), I believe you should take full responsibility for your actions and the ramifications of such, plus in this day and age we have a lot more preventative measures than before. Under that guise if I kill someone and am scared about what would happen if I were caught, am I not justified in killing anyone that comes looking for the bodies? And personally I would think that any human worth their grain of salt should accept the potential of death for their baby to be able to live on, of course you'd have to consider what your leaving behind, and if anyone around you has the ability to provide for the kid. The biggest problem with iur political structure is that repubs want laws of absolution, and Dems want laws for all the grey areas, either way leads to totalitarian control in the end, it's inevitable.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If I had to blame anyone or anything for abortions IN GENERAL (not for every abortion, so cool your jets) it would be the church.

I blame moms.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
getting a little preachy...that's always welcome!!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Gtfoverit.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I'd support the logic of what you have said. What I would say in defense of the people who use those arguments is that they can not logically defend their position and have to use these as defense mechanisms to justify their beliefs. If abortion is not wrong, then people should not have an issue with using it as birth control. Yet according to polls, the large majority of people don't think it should be used as birth control but only in emergencies.

I don't wish to shame anyone and realize that it is legal. Just because it is legal does not mean that it is moral.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Agreed, but people who are vegans for ethical reasons who are pro-choice are also hypocritcal as well.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join