It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stranger Things.....wow!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hello.

A few months ago I began watching Stranger Things. I couldn't figure out why it was getting so much praise. I watched the first episode and fell asleep during the second episode. It just seemed like a slow moving drama.

This past weekend I read an article about the second season. I wasn't doing anything yesterday so I decided to give it a second chance.

I watched the first five episodes and each one was better than the previous. Wow! I must have been in a bad mood the first time around! Such a great show, I can't wait to finish watching tonight after work.

The only thing that sucks now is having to wait until Oct. 27th for season two!

Oh well football is starting soon.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
As someone who loves ST, I'm really glad you decided to give it a second chance, and that you ended up really enjoying it. Yes the wait has been sucking so hard, but we'll get there eventually right?!

Can't wait!

-Alee

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: uwontbelievethis
Hello.

A few months ago I began watching Stranger Things. I couldn't figure out why it was getting so much praise. I watched the first episode and fell asleep during the second episode. It just seemed like a slow moving drama.

This past weekend I read an article about the second season. I wasn't doing anything yesterday so I decided to give it a second chance.

I watched the first five episodes and each one was better than the previous. Wow! I must have been in a bad mood the first time around! Such a great show, I can't wait to finish watching tonight after work.

The only thing that sucks now is having to wait until Oct. 27th for season two!

Oh well football is starting soon.

I had a similar experience the first couple of episodes are slow but set the story up. I gave it a second go and really loved it! Can't wait for Stranger Things 2!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have not been completely impressed by alot of what netflix has done with their original series, but stranger things and the voltron reboot have both been great. So many memories of the 80s wrapped up in those 2 shows for me!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Yeah WOW ! The best series I saw in years. In my younger years I visited the 80's , really like the 'place'. Saw my first craft there. and started to question the multiverse. I could not help but to think about David paulides when I watched. Another very very good series is The OA which is almost as good as stranger things !

edit on 7242017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Man I've had that same experience with a lot of shows and I now force myself to watch at least 5 episodes ha. I once thought breaking bad was absolute garbage and gave up. Till I watched it again and became addicted to the meth man

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I had an experience like that the first time I saw 'Dumb & Dumber'. It was after I had stayed up all night at a friend's house and then I came home the next morning and just wanted to watch something light to nod off to. I remember being really bored watching it and not laughing at all. Then I just dozed off and didn't watch it again until several years later when people kept quoting it and talking about how funny it was. Now I consider it one of the classic comedies of the 90s after re-watching it again a few years later.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I liked it too,
I'm just afraid they didn't have a direction figured out and will screw it up.
Remember...
Lost?
Galactica?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I liked it too,
Remember...
Lost?
Galactica?

Yeah, but the first season is fully self contained. So direction doesn't matter if they screw up.

Hopefully season 2 will be a fully self contained story too.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is a series to relish, especially for those of us who grew up in the 70's near underground, top-secret military-industrio-hospital complexes. Had a sh*t-ton of those where I grew up, just outside the Beltway...still living within (literally) a stone's throw of the property line of an underground facility here in the Hudson Valley.

God knows what goes on at those sites but this series sure does provide an ample, hugely entertaining diversion for those of us who are deeply suspicious of whatever "they" -- the 'Government' and their Alien co-Conspirators -- are up to!!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Yes, stranger things absolutely brings the missing 411 cases to mind for me as well. The trailer for season two looked promising, I'm happy to see certain characters pop up in it. Now the OA I watched the first episode and that was it -- another chance is due, I guess!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Can't wait!
Hope it hasn't lost it's mystery and goonie-esque charm in season 2

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I liked it too,
Remember...
Lost?
Galactica?

My fear exactly! Very nervous for season 2.

But hopeful!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: uwontbelievethis

Stranger Things Season 2 Trailer

It looks as good or better than the 1st season. I can hardly wait till Oct. especially after this trailer!

Vincent Price's voice and the Thriller music in the trailer is awesome as well!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I was hooked on ST right away; that and Shameless

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

DP

edit on 24-7-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CuriousPaddy

Hell I know I scoffed at Breaking Bad at first, but I think for me I got to binge watch TV shows, especially ones like BB. lol now im stuck on Better Call Saul. but it all started when I was sick for a couple of days and watched the whole season Stranger Things.... and even then it sputtered at first Id fall asleep wake up and have to go back, but by that 3rd episode I got into it. Cant wait for it come out

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Stranger Things had me hooked from the first episode. I'm worried that they're going to insert a political agenda in the next season though. That seems to be what Netflix is all about lately.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MaryaNoxx

ha right OA is really a series that should be bingewatched. 1st one ... well indeed not that good... but it gets better
Greetings.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
a reply to: MaryaNoxx

ha right OA is really a series that should be bingewatched. 1st one ... well indeed not that good... but it gets better
Greetings.

Gonna have to check that out next, rewatching Stranger Things .... love this show!

top topics

join