It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the insanity of trigger warnings - and thier absurd conclusion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a quote from another threads OP , which to paraphrase :

when a proffessor uttered a single word - a student complained that it wasnt proceeded by a " trigger warning "

got mme thinking of the absurdity of the premise of " trigger warnings "

and naturally - my thoughts turned to " pavlovs dogs "

and the absurd end point - that one day - some is going to be triggered by the " trigger warning " - hey - if theres a " trigger warning " - you going to get triggerrred next - right ???

so - there you have it - my conclusion on where this idiocy is heading

the poor poppets who cannot handle the real world - will soon be tipped over the edge by the " trigger warnings " they demand

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Haven't you figured it out yet? People have to have something to bitch about no matter what's done or how it's done.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Useful trigger warnings.....hold firearm with both hands........Roy to Trigger....".Don't step on that rattlesnake boy, good horse"........What some of these folks need is a damn good slap in the mouth....I mean one that knocks the damn taste out. Good open handed backhand should do the trick. Guess you could say the SJW are "triggering me" to want to smack the shat out of them.......New trigger warning......"Trigger takes 5.4 lbs of pull.....don't be a wussie"
edit on 23-7-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I'm wondering when these nincompoops go to a movie if they expect notification when a scary, or an emotional scene is upcoming?

How about breaking up with someone like this?

It reminds me of an old joke. The punch line is, "Your mother's on the roof."

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
God, I'm glad I'm still in Small Town USA

The only trigger warning I know to give?

"I'm going to pull it"

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
Haven't you figured it out yet? People have to have something to bitch about no matter what's done or how it's done.

Requiring a trigger warning isn't bitching about something, it's mentally imploding under the strain of not being able to cope with the reality that we all have to exist in. These people need to be stopped of they're will bring down our society and I only hope that we can figure out something so offensive to them to make their brains explode before that happens.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Have you ever met one personally???

I never have...

I see these stories constantly but have yet to meet someone who acted that way in real life..

I'm sure some are out there..., but how many??

What 10% of the population...MAYBE.. I doubt it is that high since I have met way more than ten people lol..

Enough to form a voting block??

Not in the last election..

So I agree they are idiots the vast majority of the time, but what generation could you not find a few idiots in every college???

How is it a threat to society when almost no one agrees with them AND they are nothing of the population...

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

People have the right to not be upset.
They deserve a fair warning.
It's in the constitution somewhere,,,,, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
While these nit-wits are busy trying to conform to their imaginary demons and social fantasies, the rest of the populace will bowl them over and leave them in the dust in the pursuit of real ideals in a difficult world. Too bad they are wasting their lives on this imbecilic behavior. They certainly will find little in the way of accommodation as life goes on.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I am a flawed human being.

I am so sorry that I'm not a better person.

But I would bitch-slap any damned pansy that used that term in front of me.

It is my fault. I am not as accepting as I thought I was.

Sorry.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

90% chance they just grow out of it exactly like the hippy movement of the 60s and 70s

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
God, I'm glad I'm still in Small Town USA

The only trigger warning I know to give?

"I'm going to pull it"

I hope you don't mean somebody's finger?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
How is it a threat to society when almost no one agrees with them AND they are nothing of the population...

The threat comes in the fact that colleges and institutions immediately bow to their demands out of fear of being called names. Society is being influenced by people with the emotional capacity of 5 year olds. We are not only allowing this particular form of mental illness to flourish, but we are encouraging it.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

if the college student needs a verbal/explicit "TRIGGER WARNING" during a discussion about a THEORY they can sit the hell down or withdraw before the drop date. Someone has never had to live in the real world and has likely been groomed, spoiled and entitled since before she could drive.

It sounds to me like the professor got a raw deal and at an accelerated pace the social justice warriors are gaining more and more turf.

PS does Antifa fall into the category of SJWs or are those "anarchists" or whatever a completely different category?

It's hard to keep track of all of these fringe groups of rejects and agent provocateurs
what a bunch of whiny f*cking babies

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

You were triggered by a trigger warning?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

you didnt read the OP - try again

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
To say to someone "you didn't give me a trigger warning" is to give them control over your emotions, and perhaps behavior. Because they weren't "warned" they have a license to behave as badly as they choose to, and blame it on someone else?

Only stupid people would make such a requirement or request.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Yet, ape, are there not a number of people in this thread already who demonstrate that they have been triggered by those who seek to ridicule the supposedly easily triggered on the left?

For all the pissing and name calling over this issue, it seems to me that the original motive for this was kindness. Kindness of being polite in mixed company. The kindness to not go around insulting people. That's all it was originally and a good social movement I think.

And granted, it seems to be overly done, but still the origins I think are kindness and to others. As for instance even most conservatives will agree that it is not polite to use words like svoknsvno and asdvokllnkdv, and avdsoknoknf, and wsokoonkd in mixed company. This is an outgrowth of the same thing. Politeness.

And as I agree that this triggering thing is now associated with the liberal community, I find that the ''over reaction'' to it is triggering too.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Seems to me that the thing to do is saturate the public space, the internet and as much of the media as possible with the triggers.

Basically, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

I think the best bet is to hope it kills them. The people who think they require trigger warnings are the part of the current flock which requires culling.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join