It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the insanity of trigger warnings - and thier absurd conclusion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I would have though you and many others would be queing up to die for their right to say "trigger warning" whenever they jolly well felt like it rather than going all antifa on them.

One is horrified. Shocked to the core.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Viewers of this comment are warned that it contains the word F€^K.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

I would have though you and many others would be queing up to die for their right to say "trigger warning" whenever they jolly well felt like it rather than going all antifa on them.

One is horrified. Shocked to the core.

Oh, puh-lease. Those anfita fools don't even go 'antifa'. They're squeaky little girl boys who wouldn't know what hit them if they ever encountered the sort of behavior they think they're capable of.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I am a flawed human being.

While you have every right to be a complete moron, my response to your directive that I supply a trigger warning might be met with a wee bit of resistance.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

I think the best bet is to hope it kills them. The people who think they require trigger warnings are the part of the current flock which requires culling.

Please get help. There are people who can help you with your anger issues, and apparent hatred for those who disagree with you.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Apart from the moron bit, yowm just making stuff up now man

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

Relax, context is key

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

That's not what the thread is about. It's about how long it will be before people bitch about a "trigger warning," even though they want it. But, yeah, I get what you're saying
edit on 24-7-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Logical conclusion.

They want people angry, on edge and feeling like victims all the time.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Trigger warnings for trigger warnings? I'm not a religious person but I think the term 'god help us' is appropriate.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

We, as in humanity, are in trouble. That's a given. What's going on in the U S currently, well, for the last 25 years really, is a good indication of it.
edit on 25-7-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What in the hell has happened to the world in the last 10 years??? Who first decided that people needed to be warned that a strong opinion was forthcoming and that it might *gasp* even offend or challenge someone's perceptions or even make them think.

If I begin ANY statement with the phrases: I think, I believe, I feel, it seems to me........ then the person(s) I am talking with can only offer their own view, they cannot discount my opinion.

I believe there are precious few people from my generation that are damaged or otherwise affected by anyone else's opinions or statements.

What the hell has happened to the world it the last 10 years????

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join