It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B4 you Uber/Lyft, be aware....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I've been an Uber/Lyft driver now for a few months while writing my book.

First off its my car, not a taxi,Cab or limo. Eating is not allowed, Nor smoking. If you ladies have a toddler and no car seat expect to be left standing there. I'll take working/service dogs but not flea bitten party pals,

If you want to make a "Quick Stop" expect to pay for it. Rides are not just from point A to B but are also based on time spent traveling from A to B.

If you like being a back seat driver and give point by point directions expect me to Blue tooth my GPS through the stereo to be louder than you in giving directions. Your short cuts costs you more money and time. FYI

Oh, By the way. YOU TOO get rated. Some of you Uber/Lyft riders have ZERO standing all based on being loud,rambunctious or door slammers.
edit on 22-7-2017 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Lol the drama! Lol.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This is what you get for inviting strangers info your life

Remember, these are people who need the ability to get from one place to another, but can't provide their own means.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

What is the book about?.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Wow so users get rated too huh. That makes sense.

People wouldnt act out if more knew that.

Stay safe man.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
This is what you get for inviting strangers info your life

Remember, these are people who need the ability to get from one place to another, but can't provide their own means.

Bullcrap. I can drive, but I'm disabled. Sometimes I need a taxi because of my health.

ETA, and very important, I am grateful for people who drive taxis, Uber, and Lyft. They make my life much easier and pleasant.
edit on 7/22/17 by 123143 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have been Ubering full-time in Los Angeles since January, and Lyfting since May.
I prefer Uber, as more people use it.

I make more than I have doing anything else, work less hours than ever, and have the free time to do what I please at almost any time. Its true freedom for me, as I love to drive and love people.

When I pick someone up I do my absolute best to provide the most professional service to my customers, my car is their car. I tolerate everything and hold no bias or judgement, and have never been mistreated or have any kind of incident in over 2000 rides.

My car still looks brand new, I leased it specifically to Uber with, and I barely have to clean the inside even though I drive people everyday.

I have a 4.85 rating and I honestly don't even care about the ratings, I five star every single person I drive. Its all about perspective and patience IMO

It's a shame you have such a negative attitude OP, I guarantee when you finally walk away your entire experience of Uber will be a negative one simply because you are putting too much pressure on how it has to be, instead of just flowing with it.

That's one of the secrets to a successful Uber "career", get in the flow and just go wherever it takes you.

Timing is also vital, knowing when and where to be in the city is important, but not as complicated as it sounds, end in LA.

But it's not for everyone. I honestly think you should consider doing something else, save yourself the trouble friend...

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

If you live in a place like LA, where you have to commute daily but parking costs are high and space is limited, it is actually cheaper not owning a car or having insurance and just using Uber. I hear it from people everyday.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

What city are you in?

I feel like going somewhere new to drink

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Do you make decent money doing that?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Just deliver pizza, you'll make more. And the eoy taxes for these Uber/lyft companies are criminal; seriously stay away from these cons.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I uber daily to and from work...most of what you said is a given, however making a stop does not effect your bottom line as you get paid for the time spent. Now if its someone taking 10-15min in a store then they need to call for a new ride when their done, but to run in a gas station for a pack of smokes or coffee shouldn't be such a big deal...and its not for 99% of drivers I get...that's 10 drivers a week I sample weekly too...

Also if you think your navigator does the best routes you're high...here in Nashville and when I lived in Orlando the app frequently took poor routes that I had to give directions to avoid. Almost every driver I showed my tried and true route to agreed that it was faster than whatever the app was trying to do...when it chose a different route than mine. At the end of the day why would you care if their route did take longer...its money in your pocket after all...no need to be rude and blast the nav.

I predict that if you don't end up letting some things go and relax a bit that uber won't end up working out for you for very long. Heard a lot of stories of riders getting people suspended on BS lies because some driver rubbed them the wrong way...and Uber will side with the rider unless you got proof.

On the flip side...there are some awful riders out there that don't deserve to use the service at all. So it does go both ways for sure.
edit on 22-7-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
My uber guy was nice. After I got out of the hospital, I had to go the bank. He dropped me off at the bank stayed there until I got out, told me how to make a deposit from my phone to save me from doing uber again and he even stopped at the store before taking me home. He didn't even leave me stranded to call another uber. His car was very immaculate. He showed up faster than taxi ever did. Surprised uber still around after the rape scandal and the CEO illegally obtaining the rape victim's name.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I do this in Portland but only work nights so I get all the drunks. It's fun but not without some challenges.

What's your opinion of the difference between Uber and Lyft riders? I used to drive for Uber but I'm switching to Lyft.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I used to drive for Uber but I'm switching to Lyft.

Why are you switching?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Abysha

I used to drive for Uber but I'm switching to Lyft.

Why are you switching?

My car was totaled and I can't afford another one right away so I'm using Lyft's rental program.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Do you get tips driving Lyft and Uber?

Sal

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I am a notorious backseat driver,just ask my husband! I consider
myself a sideseat driver because I am sitting next to him while
he is driving.I am worse if he is driving my car.
Would you really charge old mamabeth more for my "help"?

One last thing...will ATS members get a special discount on buying your book?
edit on 23-7-2017 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MidnightBlue2565

You sound more like a rider than a driver "Friend" if yu were a rue driver you wouldn't be so forgiven.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth
Yes. momma you'll get one of my book for free only because you call me out on my BS.

Luv ya

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join