It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We be jammin: NOTAM was issued for poor/absent GPS coverage In California desert for 6 days in June

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
One of our pilots brought this to my attention yesterdays and its worth a look at. I googled it and sure enough, Apparently last year the FAA issued a notice that on June 7, 9, 21, 23, 28, and 30th from 930 to 1530 GPS would be spotty and unreliable in a cone shaped area near or on China Lake NAS that stretched aver most of California and parts or all of 8 states and Mexico. At FL40 it would stretch 253 nautical miles from it origin.

In particular Embraer Phenom 300 were advised to avoid the area completely because of potential adverse impact on their flight stability controls. I wonder what about its particular avionics system makes it vulnerable?

So what are they doing out at China Lake. As many of the articles suggest they may be testing a ground based GPS jamming system...

Or perhaps they are testing a PGM that is GPS jam resistant and they are creating a jamming environment to see if it works.

www.avweb.com...
gizmodo.com...

edit on 7/19/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/19/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Again? Hmmm. I remember this from last year, and you linked 2 articles from jast june of 2016.

I'll look look for another update.

Here's the thread from last year. Good read.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-7-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Heres a thread about aftershocks, that folks suspected the china lake testing may been of cause...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19-7-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Your 100% correct it is a year old and I edited my OP to reflect that. One of our chopper pilots and I were discussing conspiracies, ATS came up, then we got onto this subject

new topics

join