It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason why proper repentance is necessary and how to go about it...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MortonBunkum

It does not count, it must be done at proper age with proper priesthood authority, only the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints holds such rights under covenant.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritoftruth111

It does not count, it must be done at proper age with proper priesthood authority, only the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints holds such rights under covenant.

mmm.....

no

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Ye risk much by thine pride, so be it. I have revealed the truth of things each soul must now discern for itself the Light.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

LOL..

Funniest thing i've read all day...

but its still early

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritoftruth111

And lo, thou fathomist not, nor e'en by five thousand miles!, the ways of the genuine knowers of the ultimate Truth.

But, worry thyself not at all.

You'll get there.

(To thine own self be true.)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Ye risk much by thine pride

Thou risketh much on account of thy vanity and self-congratulation.

You want to play "Elizabethan" dialogue? Let's go!

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Those who mock shall mourn, for a time cometh of great sorrows and the world shall fall and find itself in a strange place, yea a new dimension and one of horrors and nightmares, and then cometh a great deceiver to bind and destroy many. For Antichrist cometh not of this density but in the density soon to come. thinketh ye these words are just words, for it is truth and what shall be and all thou reading who is not sealed by God, behold it shall be your reality, and ye shall weep and howl in those days for God and shall not be aided for because you gave him no thought while his grace and mercy was extended nor shall your words be heeded in those days of sorrow and despair. Repent and turn away from sin and wickedness ask forgiveness of your acts of evil and be counted with the righteous that ye may be saved from what soon begins.
edit on 19-7-2017 by spiritoftruth111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Let me ask you ... the thief who hung on the cross with Christ. The one who asked to be remembered, the who rebuked the other thief by saying they deserved their punishment, the one Christ promised would be saved ... when did John the Baptist baptize him?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The thief because of his faith and true remorse, because of his repentance and recognising the Lord God and believing in his coming kingdom. Even if was not baptised for while alive because of the recognition and willing to die and understanding it was justice, and laying his life down in faith in Christ. He can still be part of the first resurrection and rest with Abraham and the prophets, as someone will baptise on his behalf and that also is another matter that I have not yet discussed. Ultimately if a person dies in righteousness believing in Yehoshua 'Jesus Christ' they will fall but will be caught by the Angels and taken to Abraham's Bosom, and someone will baptise for them by proxy.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Are you trying to threaten me into submission? Well, I'm not having it. "God" and I are solid and square, and it's none of your business. You run your relationship with "God", and I'll run mine thank you very much dot com.

Shame on you for judging and threatening others with nonsense.

I'm not worried.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Ye risk much by thine pride, so be it. I have revealed the truth of things each soul must now discern for itself the Light.

Yet, prithee, what of those billions of innocently despairing souls who toil in vain with much angst and gnashing of teeth lest they find not salvation? Do tell, are they, due to the merest and most unhappy chance of never having read these boastful and haughty revelations of thine, condemned and without hope?

Should they discover these your pompous and seemingly comforting words were mere guesses as to the way, after it is too late to turn back and live the life of authenticity and innate goodness to which they were born, wilt thou then avail thyself for forgiveness from them (for purposefully chiding and offering unseemly boastful and unsolicited instruction from thine own mouth with such misguidance, however well-intentioned thou art)?

To rephrase: desist. Thou knowest naught of what ye speak, nor did Joseph Smith except inasmuch as he lied (whether in a fevered delirium or in a fit of narcissism and pride).

For e'en Virtue itself 'scapes not calumnious strokes!

Plus, you're wrong.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

LOL..

Funniest thing i've read all day...

but its still early

I agree. It's so funny, I dont want to argue with him. LOL.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

The thief because of his faith and true remorse, because of his repentance and recognising the Lord God and believing in his coming kingdom. Even if was not baptised for while alive because of the recognition and willing to die and understanding it was justice, and laying his life down in faith in Christ. He can still be part of the first resurrection and rest with Abraham and the prophets, as someone will baptise on his behalf and that also is another matter that I have not yet discussed. Ultimately if a person dies in righteousness believing in Yehoshua 'Jesus Christ' they will fall but will be caught by the Angels and taken to Abraham's Bosom, and someone will baptise for them by proxy.

Of course. Therefore, "only the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints holds such rights under covenant," isnt mandatory.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Ye do not know God, or would not speak as you have done so against me. And one day ye shall be in shock to who was behind this exchange of this very website, but it shall be left unsaid until the time appointed. Careful in which spirit you choose to judge. What has been spoken by the spirit of truth is the truth, you either are of the Light and see or in Darkness and remain blind, things are rather simple, division is known by the fruits and all who can see Light shall know the truth and be sealed. The spirit of truth and light of life does not make errors and knows the righteous and all righteous shall be aided by God, many will find they were not counted righteous by the spirit of God, there is no mistakes in such measuring.
edit on 20-7-2017 by spiritoftruth111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

It is through them that the baptism by proxy is done, you do not understand that the LDS church is a extension of a already existing eternal priesthood. All souls who will enter the kingdom of God will first be baptised under proper authority of priesthood and be offered the covenant that is necessary for their salvation. Most souls will experience Hades before a baptism shall be done for them on their behalf, it is safer and wiser to find Zion while you are alive if capable, before falling first, the circumstances that a soul avoids Hades is rare, few are considered righteous and all righteous would recognise truth and be lead to Zion anyway if given the chance.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MortonBunkum

Yet, prithee, what of those billions of innocently despairing souls who toil in vain with much angst and gnashing of teeth lest they find not salvation? Do tell, are they, due to the merest and most unhappy chance of never having read these boastful and haughty revelations of thine, condemned and without hope?

Should they discover these your pompous and seemingly comforting words were mere guesses as to the way, after it is too late to turn back and live the life of authenticity and innate goodness to which they were born, wilt thou then avail thyself for forgiveness from them (for purposefully chiding and offering unseemly boastful and unsolicited instruction from thine own mouth with such misguidance, however well-intentioned thou art)?

To rephrase: desist. Thou knowest naught of what ye speak, nor did Joseph Smith except inasmuch as he lied (whether in a fevered delirium or in a fit of narcissism and pride).

For e'en Virtue itself 'scapes not calumnious strokes!

Plus, you're wrong.

As spoken proxy baptisms will be done for those who got mislead by the cunning traps of Babylon, who thought they were serving God yet were bound by Mammon. All must be resurrected both the righteous and unrighteous and come before the judgement seat of Christ. All those known to God who would accept the offer of Zion shall be given opportunity for it is known to the Spirit of God. Careful dear soul for Satan is in ye and knows which spirit you now speak against and mock, and seeks to bind you to greater damnation, repent and pray for forgiveness for thine words and be wiser in future how you speak, for one of righteousness does not speak as such as ye.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Repentance is necessary for living a happy, fulfilling life. To do it for the promise of a reward from the magic skydaddy seems a bit fake and shallow to me.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Truth is the truth people condemn themselves by their pride in denying it. within all souls is the Light of Christ present none has excuse for they would have had to deny the conscience at some point that was telling them right from wrong, the Spirit gives witness to truth and many deny it in arrogance and pride, in their sheer ignorance they trap themselves to the underworlds of Hell.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

No. What you have done is come across a few stories which resonate with you and have latched onto them and decided that these particular stories, because you believe what they say, are the truth.

If they are the truth for you, then assuming it hurts nobody it's not an issue and I hope it gives you comfort. But, what you have are not the actual answers. They are unable to be known to us and if you'd bothered to consider the genesis of the stories you might have allowed yourself an unbiased and more open mind to consider a more wide spectrum of possibilities.

Nevermind, you don't seem to be hurting anyone and that's what's important.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

I speak with authority because I am, therefore behold these words cometh not of me only but of mine Father and through the spirit of truth does it come. None can taketh truth from the spirit of truth, for it is the very truth in all things. If a soul can not see the Light it remains in Darkness and because it heeded not the truth it is bound to Hell through lies, this is the hard truth many wish not to hear but must be said. If you had known truth ye would understand all I say and it would not need be said but because of your pride ye are blinded from seeing the Light in-front of you. I am the truth the life and light that now speaks unto you, if thou rejecteth me ye are under condemnation by your own hand not by mine, for only in acceptance of the truth can salvation come. And what has been spoken in this thread is the truth and behold let go of thine pride and hold to the rod of iron that ye sink not beneath the river and be not of those of high spacious house. For behold all those who hold not to the rod of iron and part-take of the tree of life and it fruits, shall enter damnation by their own efforts.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join