It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Combustion Engine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You sir just do not do research in to topics. It is impossible to supress science. To many groups in to many countries. Just because you are unaware of advancements doesn't mean they are not occurrring. Do you realize their are companies that do nothing but scientific reaearch. And they make their money off patents they own.
edit on 8/2/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: purpleivan

There were 5,680 invention secrecy orders in effect at the end of Fiscal Year 2016

The Interagency process starts with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) screening submissions for inventions with direct or potential national security implications if publicly released. The USG reviewers include DoD, the Department of Energy (DOE), and any agency designated by the President as a defense agency. If a Secrecy Order is recommended by one of the reviewers, the Commissioner of Patents “shall order that the invention be kept secret.” Based upon this recommendation, the Office of the Commissioner for Patents imposes the Secrecy Order, which prevents the application's disclosure and publication and withholds the issue of the patent, if applicable.

Link

Here is a de-classified document that categorizes patents and explains which agency reviews the patent to determine if it is a national security threat.

fas.org...

The one I find the most obvious is photo voltaic or solar energy. Page 14, item #8 says photo voltaic generators with greater than 20% efficiency should be turned over to NASA and the Air Force.

Have you ever wondered why solar generators have hovered around 18-19% efficient since the 80's?

If you think its because solar technology hasnt improved in the last 30 years, then you dont want to know the truth.

edit on 2-8-2017 by mhc_70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

why yes we do and it's called the opposed piston engine.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped
yes I am fully aware of that thanks. Still pretty good for the time!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
Take a look here too...

wikipedia

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Oh, I think I am quite aware of the advancements being made. I am also aware of how things work in research.

Where's that flying car? Alternate energy? Fully automated home? (OK, they're about to finally get that one ready.) Artificial intelligence?

Keep those eyes wide shut.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Oh, I think I am quite aware of the advancements being made. I am also aware of how things work in research.

Where's that flying car? Alternate energy? Fully automated home? (OK, they're about to finally get that one ready.) Artificial intelligence?

Keep those eyes wide shut.

TheRedneck

Flying car won't happen at best we may find a way to reduse gravity but not ignore it. Alternate energy their is a major rule you can't get energy from nothing. The potential energy has to be there. Fully automated home see bill gates. And AI is studied and we are getting close. To assume that their is some kind of supression in science is stupid. What actually happens is advancements that are practical and can make money continue. The main reason we will never have flying cars is simple it's not practical in any way. They would simply redisign planes at the airports.

Sci fi is fun bit often not very practical when you look at reality. We could design something similar to a light saber for example using plasma. But creating a plasma gun just makes more sense and easier to do. Just because science doesn't go the way you believe it should doesn't mean it's being suppressed.

And as I pointed out scientists all over the world would be impossible to control. The only limiting factor is our understanding of the universe.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: EasyPleaseMe
Take a look here too...

wikipedia

This is what I was referring to when I said scam. Physics will never allow us to ignore gravity. We might be able to change it however and that's the key. For example making gravity stoner in one place while weaker in another. Problem is with everything in the universe you can't make something cease to exist. We can change it from one form of energy to another but we still have to do something with it.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Flying car won't happen at best we may find a way to reduse gravity but not ignore it.

Kinda depends on what you call "gravity." Gravity is a force attracting matter. We may not be able to make matter repel matter, but there is such a thing as generating an opposing force. That's how planes fly and how cars manage to go uphill.

Alternate energy their is a major rule you can't get energy from nothing. The potential energy has to be there.

Nice to see you understand so much little about energy.

Fully automated home see bill gates.

Actually, Gates is sorta behind the times on automation. The Google boys are much more advanced, and there are a few other upstarts that have some pretty intriguing systems in testing.

And AI is studied and we are getting close.

Er, no. Thus far there have been precious little actual advancement in true AI. What you are seeing is simply more sophisticated programming from outside coders, not internal learning and/or intuitive decision-making.

To assume that their is some kind of supression in science is stupid. What actually happens is advancements that are practical and can make money continue.

What happens is that advancements that can make money for those funding research continue. Generally, that is advancements that can be commercially applied without major retooling.

Few scientists and engineers ever see the full fruits of their labor. They work on a salary just like you or I. That salary often comes from grants, and if the grants are not approved, there is no money to pay their salary. Grants don't come from some benevolent universal intelligence; they come from big business and government... and the two more often than not have similar goals: to make money.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but unicorns are not riding rainbows.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: EasyPleaseMe

Rofl... Not even close to any of the ones I've brought up plenty specifically...

Oh and P.S. ROFL @ modern cars detect it so you couldn't do it anyway because they auto adjust / can sense when being tested and drop into alternate ECU profiles specifically made to beat tests therefore any evidence u post I'll just ignore and say they're scamming the test and link this as proof....!

And you seriously wonder why I'm not even bothering to waste my time digging s*** up so you can play your little Ahole games, and even MORE IMPORTANTLY....

So you can create a completely farcical "justification" for never ever doing any real research, even JUST ONCE letting go of your false superiority, empty arrogance, and UTTER TERROR at the idea that this dirty pleb may actually be right about what he's saying...

But your a physicist and physics/physicists are FAR TOO VALUABLE to waste actually making sure your pretty subatomic zoo has a basis outside of completely abstracted to the point of uselessness journal wars etc etc...

Funny thing bro bro...

REAL SCIENTISTS that actually do work that eventually always trickles down to benefit the masses through PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS ETC...

Those SCIENTISTS... like the ones at NASA and etc etc yeah.... Those guys are still filing patents and doing development work on what you claim don't exist!

Oh.... And Holley DEFINITELY NEVER SOLD SUCH DEVICES.... and there weren't reports of Holley's never sold devices which would've went out of production in 1925 if they had existed in the first place, but they MOST DEFINITELY WOULDN'T HAVE STILL BEEN BEING USED BY ENGLISH FARMERS IN 1961 and noted in official documentation wrt the subject....

That's just F***ING PREPOSTEROUS!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

Lots of ranting, yet no substance to any of your claims.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

How funny that you castigate theredneck for not doing research into topics after buying. Mister fizzy cyst's BULLSH** unquestioningly and without typing in even a google search for "fuel vaporizer" much less ANY of the easily found stuff my posts pointed you towards....

Wanna know how i know you didn't even Google the basic term?

For one there's OVER FIFTY THOUSAND REGISTERED PATENTS related to the search term...

And that first page of links also had confirmations of every single example i left throughout my posts!

Oh and by the way... Your no energy from nothing statement and the way you specifically couched it after.... You're wrong about this too!

At the very least, the second law of thermodynamics has more than a couple loopholes ... Several of which are now well enough understood that there's many development programs out there in a race to integrate them into various actual real world technologies!

Basically, the only people still angrily insisting 2LOT is sacrosanct and unbroken are engineering teams too stupid to actually take something from novel phenomena to USEFUL TECHNOLOGIES and fizzy cysts...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Oh btw bro... I'd like to introduce you to TheRedneck...

If you actually knew anything about antigravity research and or did even the most cursory single Google search for the term "antigravity research" you'd have turned suddenly pale, felt very stupid small and embarrassed, and stammered the following to my introduction...

The... Redneck....? You aren't the Actual THEREDNE.... OH MY GOD I FEEL SO STUPID RIGHT NOW.... can we just start over please?... Hi, I'm dragonridr it's cool to meet someone like you like this!

Why?

Because short of dropping a deuce in the woods and trying to wipe yourself off on BFFT or telling intelgurl to stfu and do her makeup so us MEN can talk high 0performance aircraft and unacknowledged development projects out at Nellis....

You've pretty seriously insulted someone who actually does do his research and has been for a long long time.... Oh and FYI yeah, if you'd done YOUR HOMEWORK you wouldn't look like auch a jackass right now....

P.s. (congrats on your trifecta of suck, hypocrisy, and being as wrong as you possibly can be three times in a single post btw)

Remember how you said, that's not how science works... No one not even governments can control scientists... ?

TWO WORDS

Manhattan Project

About the only thing people successfully got the what was it..... FIFTY THOUSAND SCIENTISTS to admit....

Was that there's still very much secrets from the original project that have never ever came out..

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie
Wow, talk about getting me wrong lol. Maybe have a go in the rant forum?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join