It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Combustion Engine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

Good points just replying for now so as I can come back to this thread later, some good links and info already posted here.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
There is the EM Drive which produces thrust from electricity.

I'm not privy to any information on this but it looks like a UK aerospace company is building the much more efficient superconducting version. I guess this means they have tried the non superconducting version and it operated to their satisfaction.

SPR - EM Drive

edit on 22/7/2017 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I've got to ask the question.

Do any of the people posting theories of all kinds of technology suppression have any actual evidence, as the argument seems to be that it must be happening because we don't have flying cars, personal spacecraft and free energy.

Just because these things don't exist, doesn't mean they are being suppressed, they just don't exist, certainly not in the form that seems to be desired here.

By the same logic that's being shown here, I could claim that the cure for all forms of cancer is being suppressed, with the evidence being that I can't pick it up at the local pharmacy and surely they have it licked by now, because antibiotics came along sooooo long ago.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: purpleivan

Plenty of evidence regarding us being on the verge of sustained fusion(Tokamak reactor), while not exactly free, once fully functional we would get more energy out than we put in.

As to flying cars and the like those are already viable and even in limited production but they may never "take off" and the insurance and health and safety aspects would be a nightmare.

The cure for cancer will never materialise while be farma corporations make billion from palliative care aka chemotherapy/radiotherapy. Tell you this if it does exist it probobly lies with cannabinoids(Tetrahydrocannabinol).

edit on 23-7-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: purpleivan

Oh there's most definitely a bunch more suppression going on than most people think, though quite a bit less than some of the wingnuts believe LOL...

Can i provide examples to you? Yes

Will i do so? No

Why not? Because certain things that have been suppressed up until recently are now fair game and or consumers and their absolutely soul crushing stupidity and conservatism are finally ready to accept certain "new things" that aren't new at all!

I intend to make money from this (yay capitalism!)

Really the single biggest thing keeping revolutionary technologies from being brought out successfully is that soul crushing militant stupidity and conservatism on the part of consumers! (this includes current and former military personnel who are consumers of MIC products BTW)

If you think engine technologies are bad in this regard check out small arms technology some time!

One of the best reasons to do that BTW is because there's examples in this field which CLEARLY show active suppression, bring up disturbing questions about just how many patents are classified in the US, and further makes you question why exactly such patents on EXTREMELY BASIC STUFF are remaining classified for 70+ years!

This one i will give you a very good example to get you started. There's a guy named Russell S. Robinson who designed a very revolutionary .50 caliber belt fed machine gun for the Australian air force in world war 2. That gun and literally 10+ subsequent designs from him over the next several decades which in total generated AT LEAST 100 individual patents worth of innovation somehow has instead resulted in less than 8 patents I've been able to find And a pitifully small collection of pictures of these guns even in an assembled state!

Don't even ask if there's any technical or test documentation available for ANY of his stuff Including the very rudimentary first round proof of principle stuff he did in 1942/43! It's completely and totally unavailable, unacknowledged, and classified top secret to this day....

If they do that with gun designs right down to 9mm pistols you can bet your sweet ass that there's literal warehouses and locked file rooms completely bursting at the seams with engine stuff too good to be released to us nobodies!
edit on 23-7-2017 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

The amount of power it takes to levitate off the earths magnetic feild is insane

True, when you're talking about resisting and overcoming it by using an opposing force against it. But that's not the only way to do it.

The trick is finding a way which isn't trying to work against a resisting force directly. That will always be difficult. But take a superconductor for example which has a natural ability to oppose magnetic fields. What we need is to figure out some way or some material that opposes the earths magnetic field or gravitational field without some form of power being fed into it or some other energy having to be consumed.

Then getting past earths magnetic field wouldn't be hard at all. In fact we'd have to figure out how to keep the damn thing on the ground at that point.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: samkent

Don't want to, don't have to. Theory is not disproven.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Heruactic

Not only has it NOT been disproven... It's actually been proven time and again including in a 1970's era Shell eco challenge!

Wanna know what that resulted in ?

CARB (California Air Resources Board or whatever... Basically the great granddaddy of the later CAFE ZEV etc California vehicle emissions mandate) threatened the winner with prosecution if he didn't IMMEDIATELY remove all "unapproved equipment" from his vehicles engine!

Quick!

Everybody look surprised!!

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
There's plenty electric cars/busses/trains/other vehicles around these days, but I guess petrol is more plentiful and cheaper to produce than any other form of fuel.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

What a load of nonsense.

My highschool used to compete in challenges like that. The reason that technology never makes it enter the mainstream is that there's a massive difference between propelling an ultra lightweight vehicle (with the lightest possible driver) at snail pace and a practical, modern car with all the mod cons and safety features.

Honestly, I do wonder where you get your "facts" from because it's certainly not from the real world.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I totally agree. Maybe I live in science fiction too much, but I often say to friends when the same topic comes up, "Why are we still using combustion engines, something that is 100+ year old??" I say we'll have anti-grav soon enough and people laugh. I find that very peculiar. Do people assume we will 'explode' chemicals to move our vehicles forever?? I think it's rather sad that people don't have the same question on combustion engines you have.

Given how much we have advanced in the past 30 years alone, I am genuinely shocked we *don't* have anti-grav technology like we portray in the films. But then, I'm not an engineer or physicist. Oh well.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Ooorrr you could... Oh idk... ACTUALLY RESEARCH THE SPECIFIC THING I REFERENCED...

at which point you'd find that you're dead wrong about what you are choosing to believe, mostly because like most internet denizens your arrogance far outstrips your actual intelligence!

Because of this you narcissistically believe that because YOU aren't smart enough to figure it out no one else is either!

Funny thing though chuckles, this dude beat the HELL out of just the type of stripped down cheater rigs with a full size late model American made land yacht!

Do your homework before you swagger into a thread trying to be a cock of the walk "expert" who expects everyone else to believe the stupid S*** you believe!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

And this is the evidence you have presented thus far:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think the problem with Gethyped is that he/she is a physicist, so is fully aware of the Carnot Cycle and also the energy content of common fuels.

No amount of modification to an engine can make energy out of nothing.

Unfortunately, most physicists don't believe the EMDrive works either...

edit on 1/8/2017 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: EasyPleaseMe

Except of course the level of improvement was nowhere near carnot limit or etc.... Fwiw i don't believe in magic faerie dust super engines either!

That said, better is definitely possible...

What's really amazing is how fast combustion engine tech has begun moving in the last few years, it's almost like they suddenly have competition or something!

The Shell eco challenge I'm referring to was one that happened during the 70's oil embargo panic in the US... The car really did exist, it really did work, and then some sketchy shady stuff happened...

Now here we are several decades on and i know better than to even bother posting what i do have on it because certain types of people like to attack the source/people trying to get the word out about forgotten stuff like this rather than actually engage their science brains and dig into what's offered...

Frankly my faith in the intelligent and hard science minded people of the world has already taken too much of a beating from people who claim to be all about the data etc until i post it and they promptly turn their brains off play stupid games etc...

Key search terms: CARB, shell eco-challenge, between1970&79, fuel vaporization

Oh and fun fact kids.... One of the better scoring teams in the automotive x prize competition also used fuel vaporization as PART of their strategy too and got very impressive results.

But of course, it doesn't work, has been disproven many times before, will never EVER WORK

AND....

EVERYONE KNOWS THIS

ps: if he's a physicist, he would almost certainly not be any of the types of engineers who actually specialize in internal combustion engine technologies ...

Meaning, he wouldn't actually be qualified to speak on the specific topic much less actually conversant in the last 100+ years of hydrocarbon fueled ICE engine technologies anymore than I'm qualified to speak on quantum physics, anything nuclear, and other "fizzy cyst stuph"

The difference being, i don't pretend to be an expert in s*** that's way the f*** out and away from things I'm actually educated in...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Found it on here!

www.abovetopsecret.com

It appears it was a stripped out special without suspension even and only did 14 miles at a constant 30mph and can't climb hills but still impressive for the time.

Interestingly the OP, in 2011, mentions that modern cars detect when they are being tested ala VW!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Still no evidence for your extraordinary claims.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: EasyPleaseMe
Found it on here!

www.abovetopsecret.com

It appears it was a stripped out special without suspension even and only did 14 miles at a constant 30mph and can't climb hills but still impressive for the time.

Interestingly the OP, in 2011, mentions that modern cars detect when they are being tested ala VW!

There is no conspiracy here. This was not "suppressed" as another poster would have you believe. All this is is imaginations running wild with a gung ho attitude towards facts and reason.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Has there been any research anywhere in to anti-gravity technology or magnetic propulsion? I feel like there probably will be but nothing civilians are privvy to.

Yes.

But you won't see it until it is finished and proven. There are several reasons for this:
  • The sheer number of faked devices has led to an overall dismissal of any new technologies. Anyone who even attempts such had better keep it extremely silent form the public if they do not want to be the subject of extreme ridicule. People have been kicked out of colleges for even trying.

• Obviously, if there is ridicule for even trying, there is no money to try. Even inventors and scientists have to eat occasionally, and grocery stores want money for their food. So people have a choice: either accept that alternate energy is impossible and get rewarded with a good job, a nice home, a fancy car... or insist that something may be possible and live in absolute squalor, unable to even afford a few parts to run a test.

• As you mention, there will always be those who will see any advance as a detriment to their livelihood. These people typically have a lot of money and a lot of power. So if an idea is developed to a semi-practical level, the first thing that will happen is someone will attempt to buy it out or bully the inventor into burying it... and remember that by this point, the inventor is probably reduced to eating dirt.

Yes, there are those working on it. But if you hear one peep about anything being worked on, just ignore it; it's either a fake claim or it's going to be buried soon.

That dynamic will not change until people realize they are being lied to by the propagandists that now control science.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

And this is the evidence you have presented thus far:

Yes there is lots just don't call it anti gravity there is no such thing. Scientists are working on gravity manipulation. There are hundreds of papers on it just most people don't realize the research is going on. Of you see the word anti gravity it's a scam.

scholar.google.com... TAA

edit on 8/2/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join