It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three forthcoming movies which IMO do not seem to be conducive to the theory of impending disclosure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
sdrumrunner is not alone in the feeling that disclossure might be imminent, but I base this more on feelings rather than some movies.

I rather fear the event than hope for it, it's kinda like the next terrorist attack happening, I fear it.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
sdrumrunner is not alone in the feeling that disclossure might be imminent, but I base this more on feelings rather than some movies.

I rather fear the event than hope for it, it's kinda like the next terrorist attack happening, I fear it.

OK, well then are 'War of the Worlds' and 'Independence Day' trying to make the public fear aliens so that when the time comes the public will look to the government to protect them, thus making marshal law easier to invoke? Just a thought.

Peace

[edit on 9-2-2005 by Dr Love]

[edit on 9-2-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Clearly, the outcome of any discloser will be of the same realization that we accept in our everyday life's when we hear the Treat Man emposes on each other, and for what worthless cause's some of those are! From the Man/Woman, that resides in a far removed location's, to those that are here of a higher IQ, They/We, will come to terms with it. Then maybe all of us will take notice of our mere purpose of being here, and make it more meaningful for yourself and other's.

So far the fear is, not allowing it to happen.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by jessemole]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
My humble opinion is that disclosure is not, and will never be an option. Let us say for the sake of argument that the worlds governments are aware of alien life. Let us now assume that they are also aware that visitations to our little planet have been taking place for millions of years. Let’s be realistic, with no real intrusion up to this point (large scale intrusion) there is no reason to alarm. We as a species showed our true colors on Sunday, October 30th 1938 radio bradcast of (interestingly enough) War of the Worlds.

I feel that Stephen Hawking has nailed this topic when he stated that “I think any visits by aliens would be much more obvious and probably also much more unpleasant.”

He goes on to touch on SETI, “It involves scanning the radio frequencies to see if we can pick up signals from alien civilizations. I think this project is worth supporting. But we should be wary of answering back. Meeting a more advanced civilization might be a bit like the original inhabitants of America meeting Columbus. I don't think they were better off for it.”
Much should be considerd when we place ourselves in the position of those who might hold all the cards. Are we really better off? Is rolling the dice on disclosure to a public who really only cares who the next American Idol will be that great of an idea?

[edit on 10-2-2005 by TheDarkHorse]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
DarkHorse, your comment here " We as a species showed our true colors on Sunday, October 30th 1938 radio bradcast of (interestingly enough) War of the Worlds

That in itself is a valid point DH,

That date, and method if depicting a Story, created a response based on Human conditions that could be expected for the 1930's, that became obvious... Considering now 60-70 plus years later, Are we not that much further in our way of thinking?

It's a little over the top I know, However, I feel it will take us to a new level of exsentence once a discloser has been made... Regardless, not much it would change in my life as I live it now. Unless I have a new way of making it different. for the good I hope, that would be my first choice!

Movies will always take us to a different reality or wishful thinking, rather it is close to real life, fiction, or somewhere in the middle...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join