It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three forthcoming movies which IMO do not seem to be conducive to the theory of impending disclosure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
My wife and I try to see a couple flicks a month. Over the past month or so, three trailors have caught my attention.

All three movies involve apocolyptic/alien storylines, and all are do to be released within the next six months:

1. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy: Due to be released at the end of May. Click here for more info.

2. War of the Worlds: A Spielberg project starring Tom Cruise, this alien invasion remake is due to hit theaters at teh end of June. Click here for more details.

3. Chicken Little: Yes, you read this correctly.
The old, fabled fairy tale has been re-interpreted by Disney, to be told as, yes, you guessed it -- another story involving alien invasion. Click here for the official movie website...

So, folks, without further ado, I open the floor to your thoughts on the subject, the possible impact/relation to forthcoming disclosure, how this will impact the general perceptions/beliefs of both believers and the general puclic, etc...

Let's hear your thoughts!

[edit on 7-2-2005 by sdrumrunner]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
These days with the negatively seen War on Terror, I imagine movie makers are wary of creating too many movies dealing with contemporary problems for fear of low ticket sales. This was evident with last year's movie Team America World Police which bombed. So fights with fanciful characters will likely be the mainstay for some time to come.

The majority of movies dealing with extraterrestrials show these beings in a negative light, so this is no surprise.

None of these movies concern disclosure, IMO. Disclosure won't be forthcoming by any groups from what I have read and witnessed so entertainment for profit is all that these movies are. Public perception of any subject appears to be very malleable so if there was any true need to get the public to think a certain way, its usually very quick and easy to do. And I don't think our governments would require a ticket purchase to change public perception. It would most likely be done through tax dollars, not a movie which stands little chance of being seen by everybody.

[edit on 7-2-2005 by Frith]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I sure hope those movies don't suck.

And I've already stated my opinion on the so-called "Hollywood Disclosure" 'theory' several times here (Odd how the word 'theory' here seems to encompass anything you can think of while drunk at the bar
) is totally foolish. We've been making alien invasion movies since the 50's at least. They're just popular. Is there going to be a "Talking Animal With a Heart of Gold" disclosure? Was "Babe" the true story of government forays into man-pig hybrids?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
1. and 3. probably nothing....

Spielberg on the other hand...."Close Encounters of the Third Kind", "ET", it's interesting to see the shift from kind or at least not hostile aliens to outright warring aliens. His name comes up a lot in the Cosmic Journey conspiracy theories (regarding an alleged official program of disclosure). Out of curiousity, I wonder if Robert Emmenger's name is in any way connected with the flick...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hopefully this shows that people are at least opening up to the idea of aliens and such. If these movies are all huge hits then I guess something held tha masses interest.

Chicken Little struck me as kind of odd because I'm not so sure that's something a young child would want to see. An alien invasion being made light of? I use to have the worst nightmares about aliens when I was a little kid. Of course that was based of realistic Close Encounter type aliens and not cute litte cartoon ones.

Also, if you want to prepare people for aliens in the future, who more important to prepare than the children of today? You have to get to people when they are young if you want to "implant" something into their mind as legit. Or it at least makes things easier.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm confused by the title of your post - do you think these movies are conditioning to prepare people for disclosure?

I don't know if disclosure is imminent or not, but it does feel like society is being conditioned to accept the possibility -

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Gazrock, I agree. I tend to see Spielberg as having the most legit disclosure movie out of those 3. It's odd how much his name seems to show up when anyone talks of disclosure. All one has to do is look at the list of movies he has put out, as you listed.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bunkbuster
I'm confused by the title of your post - do you think these movies are conditioning to prepare people for disclosure?

I don't know if disclosure is imminent or not, but it does feel like society is being conditioned to accept the possibility -

I'll be completely honest -- I have absolutely no idea.

I guess I could make an argument for either side of the issue if pressed to do so, but in all honesty, I am not well-informed enough on the subject to take a stand (on good faith) one way or the other.

Is it possible, IMHO? Most definitely. There does exist documentation and/or first-hand testimonials by former persons invovled that both the CIA and the KGB "infiltrated" both mass media and the movie industry. Regarding the former, Richard Dolan covered the topic well in his book, UFOs and the National Security State.

And as per Esoterica's comment above (very funny re: other disclosures, BTW
), don't discount all drunken bar theories! If it weren't for these, I never would have drawn up my schematics for the double-pontoon-and-mainsail Safari Van I still intend to sail to Hawaii some day...

[Edit: to correct n00bish mistakes
]

[edit on 7-2-2005 by sdrumrunner]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Interesting, there's an Indie film coming out this year as well as the blockbuster of Spielberg's, and it's more faithful to the book...

www.imdb.com...

Though, one should ask, is the producer insane in the membrane??? or sly like a fox??? I'm going with the former....

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The more I think about it the more I get disturbed. Why would Disney make a cute little movie for kids based on alien invasion??? Can anyone answer me that?

Hell, this idea led adults to panic when they heard the original war of the worlds. Maybe the government needs a new breed that wont panic when hearing of a real invasion in the future.

Sure the UFO's look "cute" and I'm sure the aliens do as well but come on. Doesn't that seem odd?

Of course most will say to make a buck but isn't there another topic Disney could use to entertain children?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
War of the Worlds is a great book. Movie? IDK, might be alright. Hitchhikers Guide? They gonna do the whole trilogy? Which by the way has 4 books in it. The last one, don't care. But dang, War of the Worlds, hope it doesn't suck or at least is half as good as the book.(anyone know how we beat the aliens in WOTW? Biological warfare! Well, common cold..)

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The more I think about it the more I get disturbed. Why would Disney make a cute little movie for kids based on alien invasion??? Can anyone answer me that?

Disney was the major player in the Cosmic Journey project allegedly...it actually makes perfect sense, but I'd have to see more about it to make the inference....

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I too hope these movies don't suck but I have my doubts. Hollywood has a knack for taking cherished works of literature and turning them into pointless flashy drivel a la I, Robot. A movie which completely glossed over the whole point of the book and gave millions of people an excuse for not reading it. Also, i don't know if anyone who hasn't read the Hitchhiker's books would really get the movie, the books are a bit odd to say the least.

At the risk of labeling myself either way on the "Disclosure" spectrum, perhaps all these new invasion movies are a form of anti-alien propeganda. Maybe the government is going to disclose what they know but they want to be scared enough of the aliens that we still listen to them. Then again, maybe not

Either way, I think a big budget action flick with lots of things exploding would spur the public inerest more than the alternative. Case in point, no one cares about Contact (with Jodie Foster) but everyone loves Independance Day

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
IMHO hollywood is going to trash this subject to the point of further perpetuating ignorance and twisting of its facts .
Now any one with a UFO story will automaticly be assoiated with these films.... for the good or bad, probably bad.

now people will know my logos meaning, darn.....
The hitchhikers movie will probably not due the book justice, i loved it as a teen. Its like a spaceballs kinda book.

but more truth in it than youll ever know.....

I do think they are making an attempt at changing public awareness and perceptions towards the "we are not alone" idea ,but i doubt it will be a progressive one in its overall effect!

As to WW 2005 I pin some hope on it changing the niave attitude of many towards aliens, into a more realistic and extremely important one.

As to chicken little it offends me,
teaching the human children to run in fear as a defence? nice.
www.timburtoncollective.com...

perhaps these movies will even show the "reptoids" as to de-sensitize the mass populace to thier existance ,
maybe then more people will be more open to discussing it with the seriousness and respect the issue despreratly deserves !
Ill bet they play the bad guys as well.............go figure..........

[edit on 7-2-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Oh my Lord...

Doesn't anyone understand that we have been having Science Fiction books with aliens in them since at least the 1800's?

We've been having comics with alien in them since the 20's and 30's, and still today.

We've had movies with alien invasions since the 40's and 50's.

This is nothing new. Aliens have always been popular, as both friend and foe, in recent fiction.

Why some people are seeing this as some "Disclosure Conspiracy" baffles me. Maybe it's because you want there to be disclosure, and are therefore latching on to whatever you can get? Were Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers another step towards disclosure? Independence Day? Star Trek? Lilo & Stitch? Or is it just grasping at straws?

P.S. Rhetorical question, for some of our pigmentally challeneged crayons

[edit on 2-7-2005 by Esoterica]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I tend to agree with the above post. Working in the production thought me one thing, ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. Alien conspiracy theories and sci-fi books are a pot of gold these days, mainly becouse computers finally made it possible to do the stories justice, graphic wise.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Esoterica, you baffel me! I'm to think you have some difference of opinion on this whole topic. In that, you have confirmed one thing, your still denying! I could be incorrect here, unless you tell me otherwise.

Odd

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
perhaps the Vogon constructor fleets are already on their way, and the Hitchhiker's Guide movie is a last-ditch attempt to warn us...

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessemole
Esoterica, you baffel me! I'm to think you have some difference of opinion on this whole topic. In that, you have confirmed one thing, your still denying! I could be incorrect here, unless you tell me otherwise.

What? I'm in denial that a few movies made to entertain and make money aren't part of a Grand Disclosure Movement?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Originally posted by jessemole

What? I'm in denial that a few movies made to entertain and make money aren't part of a Grand Disclosure Movement?

Your right, I agree that not all movies would be, however there are those that offer a little more of what could true if only it touches a few aspect of a plot. Take no offence Sir, just wanted further understanding in your opinion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join