It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was going on at the Washington Monument on 911?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Thundersmurf

Yes thank you, "squib" was exactly the term I'm was looking for. Not just the towers footage, but a lot of the footage I have watched of demolitions over the years have had this same effect or appearance.

Obviously I'm not a demolition expert, but can something like that go rogue? Go off unexpectedly? I thought they were usually set up to be a chain reaction. Surely even one going off should have to of caused some damage.

I'd be curious to know if the monument was shut down after that day or immediately after and for how long. Was it even open that day to begin with?

Those two pager text bother me too. One being someone from FEMA and the other with the "Red Alert" in quotes.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Video is fake done by someone who's nevery been tI the monument. There is no window or door anywhere near there. But I'll say this if a latge plane hit it it wouldn't stay standing. A 757 would cut it in half. Bit on the plus side no one would have to take the stairs anymore.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Video is fake done by someone who's nevery been tI the monument. There is no window or door anywhere near there. But I'll say this if a latge plane hit it it wouldn't stay standing. A 757 would cut it in half. Bit on the plus side no one would have to take the stairs anymore.

It was closed the end of Aug 2011 because of an earthquake. The blocks being so loose look strange a lot of cracks all over the building.
[

Also shuttered are headquarters of the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Endowment for the Arts. Federal workers have the option of taking unscheduled leave or working online from home.

www.csmonitor.com...
edit on 15-7-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I don't see why not have any doors or windows would make a difference for a charge or charges being set.

Personally I don't think these videos have been tampered with except for the crummy overlay stuff they have done. The footage itself looks pretty solid.

If it is still available in the BBC archives, it wouldn't be to hard to debunk that one way or the other. My search skills aren't the greatest, but I may just give it shot and try at least.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
interesting titbit from Wikipedia:

The monument underwent an extensive restoration project between 1998 and 2001.

also thought I would share this image as I found informative and interesting and maybe others might too

I wonder how thick the wall is at the height of the puff of smoke. I imagine it would take a large explosive force to break through that much granite and marble?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz
Very nice addition to the post, thank you. Interesting dates the work took place eh?

From looking at the video and your picture, it looks like the smoke comes from the area where they were repairing the "crumbling masonary." Then again this is just me trying to eyeball it. Would be a rather convenient placing, soft spot for a charge I would think.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman
There's a show that was on awhile ago called "the Event"
Where human aliens kept in an Alaskan military stronghold escaped and formed a rebellion against their American captors.

As the serie's story develops, they create an earthquake or detonate something on the Washington Monument to demonstrate their seriousness.

The U.S. government covers it up saying it's Islamic terrorists that did it.

This vid shows what I'm talking about:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Also this:

On Tuesday, August 23, 2011, a 5.8 magnitude earthquake, occurred 84 miles southwest of Washington, D.C., damaging the Washington Monument. The National Park Service has temporarily closed the Monument and is assessing the damage to it.

Link: www.nps.gov...

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
not much new...

but there is a head scratcher in this maybe...

what if the white orb or patch, somewhere around the 100-175 foot level... was not a puff-of-smoke or a 'Squibb'... but was a beam of light that was 'painted' on the monument at the time the hijacked airliner was due to approach the monument on IT's collision assignment

someone or a robotic signal was sent to a device which would 'paint' the target at the spot that would allow the jetliner to both crash & demolish the monument AND have all the mass left over to completely engulf the White House with fuel & wreckage resulting in two targets with one jetliner-as-guided-missile ! (there is clear land between the WH & the Washington Monument)

a guidance system in the hijacked airliner would have been pre-installed...but fate would have it that the airliner itself was recaptured by the passengers & whatever crew survived the hijacking that came way too late for the Terrorists to see and plot the course for impact where the white orb was 'electronically Painted' on the side of the Monument/Obelisk

RE:

ob·e·lisk
[ˈäbəˌlisk]

NOUN
a stone pillar, typically having a square or rectangular cross section and a pyramidal top, set up as a monument or landmark.

synonyms: pillar · column · needle · shaft · monolith · monument

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Congratulations. You have found the US Flag waving atop the White House.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: cardinalfan0596

Congratulations. You have found the US Flag waving atop the White House.

More likely than anything else.

This video to me has the same feel as the ridiculous video William Cooper used to show dyring his live tours of JFK being shot by a blowfish gun.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman

I don't see why not have any doors or windows would make a difference for a charge or charges being set.

Personally I don't think these videos have been tampered with except for the crummy overlay stuff they have done. The footage itself looks pretty solid.

If it is still available in the BBC archives, it wouldn't be to hard to debunk that one way or the other. My search skills aren't the greatest, but I may just give it shot and try at least.

The walls at that height would be 7 or 8 ft of granite and marble. It would contain any blast and drive the force to the observation deck. Meaning it would blow it's top. You would never see it like the video. The other problem to take it out would require a huge amt of explosIves and there just isn't the room for it. Unless you used the elevator shaft.

And any fool that thinks an airliner could hit thus and then the Whitehouse has no idea of the layout if Washington DC. About the only thing you could get would be maybe the natural history museum. And even that is quite a distance away.

And I think people would notice if the elevator shaft was packed full of explosives. I supset the video is purposefully misleading this image on the video is blurry and doesn't seem to be on the monument. It looks like something between it and the camera.
edit on 7/15/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Ok, I can go along with it needing a LOT of explosives, but I do not believe this footage is taken from the time of renovations. The second video shows in the couple of clips the monument with the same smoke puff as it pans to the pentagon which is still burning.

As far as the I found the flag comment, why is it we don't see it before the smoke appears? It should be a constant if that's the case of what it is.

Why the text from a FEMA person and one other within a couple minutes?

Nothing says that when they were doing that reinforcement work from 98- 2001 that they actually used the materials they said they were. I know it's a reach but still....it is noted that it was crumbling masonary. I can't imagine that being very resistant. Sandstone and petrified wood also appear to be part of the structure.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman Clinton Bushes stole 100 Trillion in gold from building 7

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Maybe it was supposed to happen but was abandoned mid exercise.

I have thought the same thing.

However, (and this could be extrapolated ad infinitum through another post soley discussing this)...

... as many a deep digger into the ESOTERIC, SYMBOLIC meanings behind the secret societie's 9/11 blood sacrifice ritual...
There is uncovered the long term planned message of the "vision" of the event.

Two columns, Joachim and Boaz, (more accurately, there globes upon which rest) on a microcosmic scale representing man's testes. His testicles.
Represented on the macroscopic as the Twin Towers.
(Kick a man in the balls, you've halfway to winning, as cowardly as it is)
Link: www.templesecrets.info...

The two towers also represent DIVISION, which is an illusion, the one versus the other... Where ALL is made of the same material field.

The towers coming down represented an END TO THE ILLUSION OF DIVISION.

And just as the Washington Monument being the great Phallus (symbol of masculine energy) representing an era of male domination...

IF and when that object FALLS....

I it would fall down into the pathway of the vesica Pices, (the pathway around the monument is shaped as such)
The symbol of the vagina, symbol of feminine energy.

Thus the leadership of the world's pendulum sways from the masculine to the feminine.
After destruction, comes healing, nurturing...etc...

This is reason for them to have had it fall eventually through some event or another.

Considering the military muscle being flexed since 9/11, I doubt think the monument falling just then would be symbolically sound for their purposes.
However, the smoke cloud and earthquake (intentional?) Crack could be forwarding and hinting at its eventual "flaciddity"...

Possibly with the tower "testes" being "drained"... The "puff" was their symbolic "contents" ..."ejaculating"
One final romp...

....getting....their...."rocks off"....? Buh-bum-CHAA!

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Because it wasn't being blown by the wind until it moved...reflected the sunlight....and then went still. Maybe if the video was several minutes, you would see it more than once.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
DallasGoldBug is a known scammer.
My guess is someone edited in the little white puff.
No big mystery.
I remember reports of the state department being bombed.
Another big fat nothing. Maybe it was supposed to happen but was abandoned mid exercise.

I don't know about the puff of smoke, but I do recall hearing something about a fire at the National Mall. And of course about the bomb exploding outside the State Department:

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: cardinalfan0596

Because it wasn't being blown by the wind until it moved...reflected the sunlight....and then went still. Maybe if the video was several minutes, you would see it more than once.

Thank you I see it now it's the white house flag. They probably were keeping an eye on it because the president would move it to half mast.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: cardinalfan0596

Since I've gotten home from work I have been on a search for the footage. So far I have found the angle or that shot it was filmed from. Problem so far is that it hasn't shown the monument yet, but it has shown the pan footage.

I'm mentioning this because in the panned footage there are a number of flags on the apartment building that is in the forefront of the pentagon, or in our way of a direct view of the pentagon. Looking at those flags it's pretty clear it wasn't a still wind day. They are constantly in motion. From the angles if it is indeed the flag on the whitehouse it should be blowing with the same approximate angle and wind force.

I will post the link to this in a bit, I'm still watching the footage on my pc waiting to see if the monument footage shows up while I type this on iPad.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissionTruth
a reply to: onehuman Clinton Bushes stole 100 Trillion in gold from building 7

if you look closely hillary can be seen leaving with a large sack on her back emblazoned with SWAG, lock her up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join