It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2006 Nuclear Holocaust Predicted

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
WAY too much doom and gloom here so join hands and...
*bursts into song*

I'd like to build the world a home

And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees and snow-white turtle doves

I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms and keep it company
I'd like to see the world for once
All standing hand in hand
And hear them echo through the hills "Ah, peace throughout the land"

(That's the song I hear)
I'd like to teach the world to sing (that the world sings today)
In perfect harmony

(Lead singer and background singers singing simultaneously)

I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony

Id like to build the world a home
And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees and snow-white turtle doves

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
In other words.........have a coke and a smile!

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Eschatology must be a more 'dismal science' than economics.

Is there a more dismal science than economics?

And I enjoyed economics!

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
More f*cking American mass market puerile consumerist answers to eschatological challenges...

"protest music" folk

"the real thing" Coke

Consume.

Be silent.

Die.

The end of the world is nigh.

I want to know the official ATS position on when the world is to end, and is that before or after the ATS Convention 2004?

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Actually, there is. I am unsure why you are making that statement, so I would ask that you elaborate a bit more.

Look forward to reading your thoughts on this.

Actually, what? Enough time to have the last big bang, the final hoorah and then everyone go to their just reward? I say not because there is, what, 2 1/2 years to 2006, and that doesn't even leave enough time for the full 7 years of tribulation. It'll kick off right after the Great Restrainer is taken from the face of the earth. You'll not be able to miss that as when He leaves so will the Christians, according to the promise made by Christ to His disciples right before He split. Otherwise He lied, and if He lied you can throw the entire book out the window and if you throw the book out the window why even quote from it? Other than to use the Old Covenant as a historical source of information. An ounce of fraud corrupts the whole document.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
TC

I think economics is regarded as 'dismal' because of its lack of clarity or conclusiveness. Not just because it's boring to its own practitioners and to laypeople.

On the other hand, eschatology brings with it whole new dimensions of dismalness I had never dreamed of.

All tattooed and body-pierced goths should do double majors in economics and eschatology.

Q. What is the definition of an economist?
A. An accountant, but withoutthe personality.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
MA in response to post 102128:

It is not my intention to predict anything. I merely study the prophecies in order to aware and able to watch the signs. I am a skeptic of the "bible code", and I do not personally believe that there is any significance to 2006.

You do not have a clear understanding what it means to study eschatology. It is not for predictive abilities.

The day after...I'm going to have a LOT of questions.

she unrolls the scroll down the stairs, out the front door and across the street.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
TC in response to post 102172:

Well, according to my calendar we are in 2003. Taking into account the Jewish calendar is 360 days, that means that 3-1/2 years will be 3.45 years. I believe we were talking about the ability for a nuclear exchange in Israel at that time. Yes, that is possible. Because there will be 3-1/2 (Jewish) years of peace, and then the deceiver will act against the false peace.

As I stated to MaskedAvatar, I do not think that 2006 is anything special, so please don't think I am trying to say anything special about it. I am just pointing out that from this date, we could get into December 2006 (based on the Jewish year).

Also, I am a "mid-tribulationist". Please understand that I would never contradict the words of the Christ, but He does not ever say anything about the believers being taken prior to the tribulation. This is an interpretation based on PAUL's words, not Christs. Furthermore, I personally feel that we have no right to expect to be "spared" from any hard times here.

I appreciate you sharing your comments on this issue. I look forward to further discussions.

Kind regards.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Post numbers are rather convenient, aren't they?

Valhall

You are right, I have no clear definition of what it means to study eschatology, and if it is true to say that the purpose of the study is not predictive, then in my limited mental model I would label it as a literary pursuit, therefore an art not a science.

Would there be a name given to the combination of astronomy, physics, geology, climatology, and all other relevant -ologies (but excluding theology and cosmology) that predict the last day on which this planet retains its gravitational/solid properties?

And is that day before or after the ATS Convention 2004?

Of course, an educated answer still would have to include some consideration of geo-politics, psychology (as it pertains to corrupt and unstable world leaders) and other less-than-hard sciences.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Post numbers are rather convenient, aren't they?

Valhall

You are right, I have no clear definition of what it means to study eschatology, and if it is true to say that the purpose of the study is not predictive, then in my limited mental model I would label it as a literary pursuit, therefore an art not a science.

Would there be a name given to the combination of astronomy, physics, geology, climatology, and all other relevant -ologies (but excluding theology and cosmology) that predict the last day on which this planet retains its gravitational/solid properties?

And is that day before or after the ATS Convention 2004?

Of course, an educated answer still would have to include some consideration of geo-politics, psychology (as it pertains to corrupt and unstable world leaders) and other less-than-hard sciences.

LOL! I have no idea what that would be called. Try this one:

OBSESSED?!?!?!

I have never considered anything about the "destruction of the world", so I cannot say. The areas that I am interested in just don't go there.

But...I'll venture a guess...we'll get the convention in! And I'll see you there!

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
But I dont see this as a War on Terrorism thread.
This should be in the Religion and Spiritual Forum.
Everything about this subject depends on how you interpret the Bible.

Well, my point on this subject is not only about the world supposedly ending again (that is with the thought in mind that there have been other predictions before), but my point is that the first event is to start in Israel (an area surrounded by terrorism). So that's why I put this here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just thought of something: If there is a breakout of smallpox in Israel in 2005, we will all be prepared just in case....

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
for there to be a nuclear holocaust there has to be hundres of nuclear weapons fired.
just cause isreal lights one off dont mean that its the end of the world. sure maybe that region is gonna be wiped out. but who are the US and the russians gonna shoot at? the superpowers wont expend nuclear missles if one or two go off.

it wont happen.

plus there is no way that that kind of code could be found in the bible. someone sat down and wrote that thing hundreds of years ago. he simply took the events of christ and stuff and put them in order. thats it. sounds like a dooms day pat bobertson if you ask me.

[Edited on 28-7-2003 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Well, as sceptical as I am about Bible Codes, it does seem plausible

Ditto to this..........

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Check out the latest New Dawn magazine.

According to the Pyramids prophecies....Next year starts heading down a little bit int he subterreanian chamber...and fromt he picture i'd guess that 2006 is the actual Bottomless pit.

Though the magazine states that 2004 is the start of the bottomless pit. But from there picture i'd say it's a couple years after.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Read it with the idea of a large asteroid (which is even named as Wormwood) hitting the earth, and see how much sense it makes....
Biblical prophecy seems to be describing an asteroid impact, not a nuclear war....

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
...actually the bottomless pit goes from the year 2004 until 2010

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
There has been another reported time the world is going to end: August 15, 2003. As you can imagine, I saw this on one of those completely fake newspapers.

Who cares when it will all end?

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i do

I want to be prepared

I'll be sitting in one of them underground bases when it does.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
i do

I want to be prepared

I'll be sitting in one of them underground bases when it does.

I guess I'm the only suisidal one here.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Well, as sceptical as I am about Bible Codes, it does seem plausible

yeah i tend to agree. theres gonna be a major out break of fighting then some bastard s going to use a nuke and then itll bhe just be a domino effect

<< 1    3 >>

join