It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel, Palestinians to Declare Truce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Wowzers...this seems like it maybe should have gone into the prophecy section...

Israel, Palestinians to Declare Truce

49 minutes ago Middle East - AP

JERUSALEM - The Israeli and Palestinian leaders will declare a formal end to more than four years of fighting at Tuesday's Mideast summit, both sides said Monday. Israeli and Palestinian negotiators finalized the agreement during last-minute preparations Monday.

"The most important thing at the summit will be a mutual declaration of cessation of violence against each other," said Saeb Erekat, a Palestinian negotiator.

Erekat said the agreement also includes the establishment of joint committees to determine criteria for the release of Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli jails, and to oversee the gradual withdrawal of Israeli forces from Palestinian cities on the West Bank.

An Israeli government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed the cease-fire agreement, adding that the deal would also include an end to Palestinian

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050207/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_palestinians_truce

Sharon to Declare Truce, Israeli Official Says

13 minutes ago World - Reuters

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon (news - web sites) will announce a cease-fire at a summit with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas Tuesday, an Israeli official said.

"We will both be making unilateral declarations," the government official said Monday after negotiators finalized details for the highest-level peace talks in almost four years.

"The Palestinians are expected to announce an end to terrorism and violence. We will announce a halt to military operations on condition there is an end to terrorism and violence," the official said.

story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20050207/wl_nm/mideast_ceasefire_dc

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There is a ATSN report on the article at the link below

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
But wait ...

How could all this have happened?

Bush is president and Condi Rice is Secretary of State.

Liberals will hate this news for sure - because it will appear to make Bush look good - even though it may mean that thousands of innocent lives will be spared on both sides.

There those phony, hypocritical libs go again - claiming to be for peace and for the victims, etc. while in reality putting their own agendas ahead of those they claim to look out for.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
There those phony, hypocritical libs go again - claiming to be for peace and for the victims, etc. while in reality putting their own agendas ahead of those they claim to look out for.

Where in the above posts do you see this? What does this have to do with the topic? Or is this just another attempt at trolling?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Where in the above posts do you see this? What does this have to do with the topic? Or is this just another attempt at trolling?

You are technically correct - on this thread. However, what I am saying is also true. Here is the conspiracy theory: The liberals will FEEL just the way I've said , but SHOW that contempt by ignoring or supressing this news. Case in point: SFGATE website is part of the very liberal SF Chronicle. Every other news website is showing this story, but it was no where to be found on SFGATE - until, I contacted them and pointed this out. Their response to me, BTW, was that their "editors must have missed the story". Biggest news out of the middle east since Arafat died and they "missed it". Right.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I will welcome any positive news from the middle-east , we all need that for a change! It's much too important to make subject of partisan squablle

[edit on 8-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
let's get rid of the american political view and especially annex the terms liberal and republican.

This is great news, who doesn't want to live in peace? Sharon already told palestine that they will be withdrawing from the west bank so hopefully this cease fire agreement has to do with sharon giving up the land.

Apparantly this is part and parcel of the end times prophecy found in revelations.. .Someone who's religions elaborate on this please...

I find it so intriguing..

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Never thought I would see this in my life time. I do have serious doubts that it will last long but one can only hope. I wonder if the leaders and governments can get past all the religion and politics and move forward or will history continue to plague this region with turmoil.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

But wait ...

How could all this have happened?

Bush is president and Condi Rice is Secretary of State.

And this is U.S. Assistance to the Palestinians:

$40 million of previously authorized assistance is being reprogrammed from funds currently reserved for a Gaza seawater desalination facility.

Assistance will not be provided directly to the PA but will be channeled through NGOs using existing mechanisms.

* $7.3 million for higher education and training

* $8.9 million for community services, including youth programs and job creation

* $7.9 million for private sector development

* $3 million for primary health care

* $13.9 million for water infrastructure - wells, pipelines

An additional $200 million will be targeted for financing home construction in Gaza, expanding education opportunities, developing economic infrastructure, helping to improve the Palestinian social safety net, and improving the flow of people and goods between Israel and the West Bank and Gaza.

FY 2006 budget will seek an increase of $75 million over the FY 2005 budget.

Rebekka

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Yes.There's going to be ceasefire and truce between Israel and Palenstine.Truce between Ariel Sharon and Mahmoud Abbas.BUT,no truce between Israel and Palentine's Hamas.

Because of this,I believe the truce would be a very shaky one and sooner or later both nations would eventually be in conflict again.I'm not trying to sound like a pessimist or anything,I'm just saying that history MIGHT repeat itself.With Hamas still out there planning for the next attack inside their warm/comfortable tents,I doubt Israel would expect much from the truce.

However,I am hoping and praying for peace in the middle east and all over the world but it seems humans shall always remain as humans.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartagram

BUT,no truce between Israel and Palentine's Hamas.

But there is an important difference:

Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas on Thursday afternoon ordered PA security forces to end militant fire on Gaza Strip settlements

Abbas said he had issued "strict instructions" to his security forces to prevent any violations of the cease-fire. He also said he is planning a series of "decisions and measures" for his forces, but did not elaborate.

The Palestinian leader also said that he was committed to the agreements he had reached at the summit in Egypt, which saw Israeli and Palestinian declarations to end hostilities between the two sides after more than four years.

Abbas orders PA forces to end shelling by Gaza militants

Arafat NEVER did so!

Rebekka

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Riwka]

new topics

top topics

join