It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOMBSHELL: New Report Shows Guccifer 2.0-DNC Files Were Copied Locally—Not Hacked

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I read your post but before I looked at your handle I thought you were Silliolme. Pardon me!

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

you can have a 10gb line...if the dnc outgoing pipe is a t1...good luck. Most hacks are done by insiders...unless you passoword is password lol
edit on 9-7-2017 by Ares2493 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2017 by Ares2493 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: IAMTAT

From what im seeing Soros is connected to Fusiongps and crowdstrike.

CrowdStrike Co-Founder Is Fellow On Russia Hawk Group, Has Connections To George Soros, Ukrainian Billionaire

Co-Founder and CTO of CrowdStrike Dmitri Alperovitch is a nonresident senior fellow on the Atlantic Council.

The Atlantic Council is hawkish on Russia, previously publishing reports about topics like how the West can “get tougher” on Russia, how to “fight back Against Russian political warfare,” how to respond “to Russia’s Anti-Western Aggression.”

Other articles are titled, “From Russia with Hate: The Kremlin’s Support for Violent Extremism in Central Europe” and “Here’s Why You Should Worry About Russian Propaganda.”

In one article published by the Atlantic Council, writer Stephen Blank claims that Russia is a more urgent security threat than terrorism.

Further, the Atlantic Council is funded by NATO, enhancing the hawkish view on Russia.

The Atlantic Council is also funded by the “Open Society Initiative for Europe,” a program of leftist billionaire George Soros’ Open Society Foundation.

The Open Society Initiative for Europe has written that they support, “initiatives that strengthen the protection of migrants and the politics of inclusion, giving the leading role and voice in advocating policies and social change to migrants and refugees, their descendants, and their allies in civil society.”

The Atlantic Council is also funded by the Victor Pinchuk Foundation. Pinchuk is a Ukrainian billionaire who reportedly gave $25 million to the Clinton Foundation, and was invited to Clinton’s home for a dinner in 2012 while she was secretary of state, despite an earlier denial from a Clinton spokesperson that “never on her schedule” during her time as Secretary.

dailycaller.com...
edit on 9-7-2017 by IAMTAT because: bold text added

edit on 9-7-2017 by IAMTAT because: ditto

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: Xcathdra

I love how when there's anonymous sources disclosing info on Trump or associates, it's immediately dismissed; but a 'mysterious' IT says it wasn't a hack but a copy, because you can copy emails on external data drives, somehow, mentalists declare a nail in the coffin...

this goes both ways. to the believers, no evidence is needed, to the delusional​, there's never enough evidence....

So then scour through his analysis and show that he's wrong.
Quit deflecting and do something productive for ATS.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Yea but i seriously doubt you have a 50 megabit upload speed connection.

At that, i doubt it was a wan connection, to slow, unless it was done with a usb 3.0 or up usb stick. 2.0 top out at 10 and thats if your lucky.

If its true (i have my doubts), then they could have used a modified linux live disk that allows changes to be saved... A pocket pc if you can get the target to boot from the usb. Here's the problem, if this scenario to be plausible, you would have to stop the server, then restart but booting from the usb disk.

When that happens, the host computer is invisible, unless the usb os has been modified to the point that this scenario turns into espionage.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Seth Rich. I knew this 6 months ago.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

The Linux USB did not have to run on the server. It could have been used on any device on the LAN.

For example:
Try the Super-Secure USB Drive OS That Edward Snowden Insists on Using

We all know that Edward Snowden insists on secure email, but he's also very picky about his operating systems, too. In fact, he uses a free, super-secure version of Linux—called Tails—that fits on a USB stick and can be used on any computer without leaving a trace.
It's also carefully designed to never leave a trace on any computer that it's used on. Again, the developers explain:
Tails is configured with special care to not use the computer's hard-disks, even if there is some swap space on them. The only storage space used by Tails is the RAM, which is automatically erased when the computer shuts down. So you won't leave any trace neither of the Tails system nor of what you did on the computer.

edit on 7/9/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

My internet connection is at 54 MB/s right now.

So...

You mean 54 Mb/s ?!

54 Mb/s ~= 6.75 MB/s
54 MB/s ~= 432 Mb/s Typical of a Gigabit LAN.

B is for Bytes, 1 Byte is 8-bits, lowercase b is for bit.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I can already picture Maddow's report tomorrow:

"Russian mole infiltrates the DNC and copies data!"

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So here's what I don't get about the Seth Rich conspiracy. If he did steal the files and then handed them off to people who got them on down the pipeline, why would you leap then to Clinton? What good does his death do her? None as far as I can see. But if they sensed Seth was going to get caught and rat out those he knew down the chain, wouldn't he be a loose end and be murdered for that?

What if a dirty trickster from the opposing side paid Rich to steal them, then had him taken out so he couldn't reveal who he'd given the files to.

Anyway. I have no idea if this article is a big deal or a " nothing burger" - it is certainly being picked up be the right. Almost as if it's meant to be a convenient distraction from the Russia investigation.

Hmmmm. 🤔

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I'm definitely > for making an example of a suspected leaker whether or not we have any real > basis for it.

link
edit on 9-7-2017 by Doctor Smith because: (no reason given)

Weird. Link won't work. Just google it.
edit on 9-7-2017 by Doctor Smith because: Link won't work no matter what. suspicious

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Nobody is even paying attention to the Russian investigation except the people that so desperately want something to come out of it, so it's hardly a distraction.

Russia is so yesterday..

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

If its true (i have my doubts), then they could have used a modified linux live disk that allows changes to be saved... A pocket pc if you can get the target to boot from the usb. Here's the problem, if this scenario to be plausible, you would have to stop the server, then restart but booting from the usb disk.

When that happens, the host computer is invisible, unless the usb os has been modified to the point that this scenario turns into espionage.

When you have physical access to a server, there is a good chance you have root pswd, if not, privilege escalation by USB insertion is one of many... Or as simple as exchanging a drive from an unencrypted RAID 1, you can hot remove it saying it was defective, the server will rebuilt the added virgin drive transparently.

edit on 9-7-2017 by Cofactor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is a bombshell? It's been obvious to anyone without blue colored glasses that this was an inside job and not taken care of very cleanly....

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
His speed is very consistent with data transfer to a USB 3.0 device.

So we have two scenarios:
USB access
FTP ( file transfer protocol ) to another high bandwidth capable PC then onto wherever they want.

I'll leave it up to you people to decide but don't over think it. Nothing is impossible, just improbable. If the people running these "servers" were half smart, USB devices wouldn't be recognized at all.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Not 54 mega bits a sec. 54 mega bytes a sec. 420 mega bits a sec.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

It would depend on what's in the other 9 tenths if the 19 gbs.

They may very well have gotten what they wanted from Seth rich. Couldn't stop everything from being released but did stop the important stuff.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Agree. Happy to talk to the David's. Call me crazy, but I think if we can > survive the next month, it will be possible, maybe even straightforward to > get our arms around this once there is an actual campaign. I'm definitely > for making an example of a suspected leaker whether or not we have any real > basis for it.

I think we have to make examples now of people who have violated the trust > of HRC and the rest of the team. People going forward need to know there > are stiff consequences for leaking, self-promotion, unauthorized talking > with the press. No one – literally no one talked to the press in either > Obama campaign without clearing it with campaign brass.

Wikileaks censored so this will have to do Unless you google.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Great !!

A confirmation of what I have believed 3 months in advance.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The most important aspect about the report is the “estimated speed of transfer (23 MB/s)” at which the documents were copied. It’s inconceivable DNC documents could have been copied at such speed from a remote location.

My internet connection is at 54 MB/s right now.

So...

Your information is not going through a secure server. It used to reduce speed by about two third as it ran it through software to scramble the information to protect it. That could be altered though from a site inside the secure network. I do not know if it is still the same way anymore, that was years ago that I studied that stuff. I gave up, it was a full time job keeping up with trying to understand all the hackers who were trying to steal info from others.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join