It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So basically 'Nothing to see here move along'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Mitch is right. There is zero evidence. Why would he do such a thing? Not only that, but no evidence of Trump collusion.

Give me any evidence linking Russia to the wikileaks reveals.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Funny, HAHA! That's not what he's saying now!

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Thursday called new sanctions against Russia an "initial step" but reiterated that lawmakers will review Moscow's meddling in the U.S. presidential election next year.  

"Sanctions against the Russian intelligence services are a good initial step, however late in coming," he said in a statement.thehill.com...

Oh, are they late in coming Mitch?
edit on 9-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Sunday said he had “strongly pressed” President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia about election meddling during their first face-to-face meeting last week but did not dispute Moscow’s claim that he had accepted Mr. Putin’s denial of involvement, as he declared it “time to move forward” in a constructive United States relationship with Russia.

Mr. Trump’s account of his lengthy and closely scrutinized closed-door meeting with Mr. Putin, which came in a thread of morning Twitter posts, was his attempt to move beyond the controversy that has followed the session after Moscow characterized the election discussion as a meeting of the minds rather than a showdown between the American president and his Russian counterpart.
Mr. Trump’s tweets did little to dispel that notion, as he characterized his own position as an “opinion” and asserted that he was prepared to team with Moscow — which American intelligence agencies say meddled in the election last year, and will attempt to again — on forming an “impenetrable Cyber Security unit” to thwart future breaches.

Let me try and wrap my head around this, President Trump, knowing full well Russia attempted to influence our election process, not only ignores that fact, then insults our intelligence by using the tired 'Nothing to see here move along' tactic?

The claims it's an attempt to move beyond the controversy is exactly what he should NOT be doing; this was an attack on America and he wants to move beyond it?

“I strongly pressed President Putin twice about Russian meddling in our election,” Mr. Trump said in the post. “He vehemently denied it. I’ve already given my opinion.”

Nothing to see here

I think it's very possible that not only is this President not fit for office, he could easily be the stupidest person alive, and it takes quite a lot for me to say that about someone else, especially a sitting President of the USA.

“Partnering with Putin on a ‘Cyber Security Unit’ is akin to partnering with Assad on a ‘Chemical Weapons Unit,’”

Obama shoulda nuked them when he had the chance or did he owe them a favor?

Didn't obama know Trump was going to win?

I bet vlad double crossed the dems, that's why they won't let it go. lol!

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if Russia was involved in the election or not. Our world leaders are all bought and paid for by those ruling behind the scenes. I'm sure all elections are decided by the various closed door meetings like G20, Bilderberg, etc.

Everyone knows this and yet acts like this is some new "crime" against democracy. Isn't that what the old ATSers would say?

I don't understand why it's still an argument if we already know this.

A few years ago Russia began working on the EEU, so what if they are the EU 2.0 since Brexit?

Would this then make Trump/Putin relations make sense?

Russia may be more readily able to lead the EEU as EU 2.0 as the EU collapses or undergoes controlled demolition. This would bring the entire region one step closer to the one world government that is slowly being rolled out.

I am of the mindset that the NWO is complete but has not fully been brought out into the public. It may be several years or another decade before its bought out fully because humans are slow to accept huge changes. We will fight change with everything we've got but when brought a little at a time... its not so difficult.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, called the president’s idea of a joint effort with Moscow against cyberintrusions “dangerously naïve.”

So dangerously naive as to be actually kidding . He's a kidder , kidding you .@ Adam B.Schiff he is not kidding , but you been had by the kidders. Kid you not .. he will speak words , 'joint effort' , hear them , rather read them and weep

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

I am of the mindset that the NWO is complete but has not fully been brought out into the public. It may be several years or another decade before its bought out fully because humans are slow to accept huge changes. We will fight change with everything we've got but when brought a little at a time... its not so difficult.

Let's entertain the notion for a moment that what you said here is accurate.

Why would you imagine that in all places, here on ATS, so many are embracing this move instead of renouncing it?
edit on 9-7-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

What exactly do you want Trump to do? I mean, Obama already said: "Vlad, knock it off."
Sanctions are already crippling their economy.
The intel community is already taking measures to prevent Russian meddling (and have been for 50 years).
We are already meddling in their political affairs.

So what exactly should Trump be doing? Should he sit around obsessing about it, like you?
edit on 9-7-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

What exactly do you want Trump to do? I mean, Obama already said: "Vlad, knock it off."
Sanctions are already crippling their economy.
The intel community is already taking measures to prevent Russian meddling (and have been for 50 years).
We are already meddling in their political affairs.

So what exactly should Trump be doing? Should he sit around obsessing about it, like you?

My guess is that Trump is calling out everyone to put up or shut up about the whole russian meddling collusion etc, BS. with his tweet about their meeting.

Show the evidence. Real evidence to be exact.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

So you're basically condoning the US being a target of electoral influence by a foreign entity then?

And you have positive proof they did ? Even if they did , where is your proof they influenced even one vote ?
Did you change your vote ?
Can you vote in a US election ?

Can you show me this by way of an unbiased source please?

Ridiculous . You make a straightforward statement without proof , then ask someone else for their proof ?

I'm extremely certain that youre an insider with insider knowledge huh?

Easy to see , you are not

And , if they brought the fact of crookedness by the DNC and Hillary to the forefront , more power to em

edit on 7/9/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Funny, HAHA! That's not what he's saying now!

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Thursday called new sanctions against Russia an "initial step" but reiterated that lawmakers will review Moscow's meddling in the U.S. presidential election next year.  

"Sanctions against the Russian intelligence services are a good initial step, however late in coming," he said in a statement.thehill.com...

Oh, are they late in coming Mitch?

Reviwing what they have which is nothing ok then.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Why would O'Connell call for more sanction on Russia for nothing?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Why would McConnell pass ACA repeal bills while Obama was president?
edit on 9-7-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'm happy to report that the people who matter, mostly Republicans, thought it was such a bad idea that they forced the President to rethink it after all.

It's good to see that those same people, who matter, agree with me...that gives me hope in a sea of inane denigration.

WASHINGTON, July 9 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday backtracked on his push for a cyber security unit with Russia, tweeting that he did not think it could happen, hours after his proposal was harshly criticized by Republicans who said Moscow could not be trusted.
Trump said on Twitter early on Sunday that he and Russian President Vladimir Putin discussed on Friday forming "an impenetrable Cyber Security unit" to address issues like the risk of cyber meddling in elections.

The idea appeared to be a political non-starter. It was immediately scorned by several of Trump's fellow Republicans, who questioned why the United States would work with Russia after Moscow's alleged meddling in the 2016 U.S. election.

"It's not the dumbest idea I have ever heard but it's pretty close," Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina told NBC's "Meet the Press" program.

Republican Senator John McCain of Arizona acknowledged Trump's desire to move forward with Russia, but added: "There has to be a price to pay."
"There has been no penalty," McCain, who chairs the Senate Armed Services Committee, told CBS' "Face the Nation" program according to a CBS transcript. "Vladimir Putin ... got away with literally trying to change the outcome ... of our election."

Sou rce

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

When you're agreeing with Lindsey Graham and McCain, you're doing it wrong. They're the poster children of Washington corruption.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
holllyyy crraaaappp

When did everyone forget that all the people at the top are part of the same club and we peons are just the pawns in their clever chess match?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

How Trump basically handles everything:

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did...
You deserved it.
edit on 10-7-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Again...So you are ready to swallow that Russia with less than 2% of the world's economics, with it's size comparable to Mexico or South Korea, with a zero level of the international influence power, with a banana republic type of economic activity, with the world's worst currency, etc. actually attacked and hacked the US presidential elections? Really?

If that's true, you should fire everybody from all of the "14 intelligence agencies" and hire those geniuses for wisely saved billions of dollars.

If that's true, stop blaming Russia and start asking your infinite number of alphabet agencies whether they are dumb enough to let things like this happen.

Is this a new troll season, BTW?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

Yeah.

Russia can't confront the USA on an economic of military level, but they can throw a pitifully small amount of money on some trolls and hackers in St. Petersburg.

Russia really had nothing to loose, and psyops are Putin's specialty ... being ex-KGB and all.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

You realize that's classic victim shaming, right?

It's a classic blame-shifting tactic, utilized quite often by fascist governments to justify themselves.

Oh, and narcissists. Narcissists tend to victim shame/blame as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu
Well, arguing with deaf and blind forum trolls isn't my speciality for sure, but why didn't he hack the Federal Reserve or BIS systems, for example? What did he gain with that presidential elections "hack"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join