It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China dispatches military vessels and fighter jets to warn off US warship sailing near disputed isla

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

China has sent military vessels and warplanes to “warn off” USS Stethem, a guided-missile destroyer, that sailed near a disputed island in the South China Sea, according to Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Lu Kang.

“The Chinese side is dissatisfied with, and opposed to, the relevant behavior of the US side,” Lu added, calling the US warplane’s maneuvers a “serious political and military provocation.”

China dispatches military vessels and fighter jets to warn off US warship sailing near disputed island

So is this where the US destroyer politely retreats, laughing, and saying: "We're trying to make the point that you cannot have these islands?"

Or is this where the US stands its ground and engages the Chinese onslaught, bringing in more firepower later if the Chinese dare attack??

I dunno, but it's interesting. Let's just hope we don't hear the news that shots were fired...or worse...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Pretty routine, we've been operating there under the premise of freedom of navigation

The ccp can go to hell.
edit on 3-7-2017 by Arnie123 because: Re word

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
From the article:

He said that the US is "deliberately stirring up troubles in the South China Sea, as well as running in the opposite direction from countries in the region who aspire for stability, cooperation and development.”

The U.S. would neeeeever do such a thing. Nope. Not happening. We're saints! Beacon of freedom and democracy for the world! (While we find Saudi/Qatari terrorists)

Also worth noting:

“Beijing has undertaken substantial upgrades of its military infrastructure in the Paracels”

Lol, of course. No wonder why we're pushing their buttons.

Cobbled with this absolute ass-blasting is who live in Illinois are going to receive (who actually work), I'm beyond ready to leave this country.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The reason they're doing that is because the U S is crashing the system, no not the military system, the global friggin everybody else but us fundamental central bank type system crash. I can tell by the timing of that interest rate rise a month ago......is killing China coz they have no export money coming in.

Get ready.....China is hurting for monetary policy
edit on 3-7-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

Editt....go to the Boston Fed Reserve Bank site.......link publications.....see "road to roota ", it has the plan for redistribution after the crash........it's your social security rating.....they say oldest first for some reason, cool with me

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
As the article points out, last time China sent in a couple of frigates. This may be just another formality of them sending planes and stuff so that they don't appear weak... or afraid. Chances are nothing will happen- the US vessel will just sail away into the horizon, and China will keep bitching. If China considers this such a "military provocation" then they already appear weak for not immediately eliminating the threat.

Blah. This is just more saber-rattling.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Cobbled with this absolute ass-blasting is who live in Illinois are going to receive (who actually work), I'm beyond ready to leave this country.

I am not following this part.
Help me out on what you are referring to please.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

China has no legal standing under UNCLOS. Ironic they refuse to abide by its ruling in the 9 line map, demand others abide by it with regards to ships in EEZ's all the while ignoring the provision that manufactured islands dont create sovereign air, sea or land territory.

If China wishes to push this they wont win.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

China has no legal standing under UNCLOS. Ironic they refuse to abide by its ruling in the 9 line map, demand others abide by it with regards to ships in EEZ's all the while ignoring the provision that manufactured islands dont create sovereign air, sea or land territory.

agreed.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
From the article:

He said that the US is "deliberately stirring up troubles in the South China Sea, as well as running in the opposite direction from countries in the region who aspire for stability, cooperation and development.”

The U.S. would neeeeever do such a thing. Nope. Not happening. We're saints! Beacon of freedom and democracy for the world! (While we find Saudi/Qatari terrorists)

Also worth noting:

“Beijing has undertaken substantial upgrades of its military infrastructure in the Paracels”

Lol, of course. No wonder why we're pushing their buttons.

Dont you worry . North Korea would have you and take you in.
You would almost make a good anti-World propaganda tool for em.
Just sayin

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Get ready.....China is hurting for monetary policy
Editt....go to the Boston Fed Reserve Bank site.......link publications.....see "road to roota ", it has the plan for redistribution after the crash........it's your social security rating.....they say oldest first for some reason, cool with me

Road to Roota, woah, so its a redistribution plan disguised s a kids story??? Creepy...

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hey i bet many of you dont Know this but the SM-6 missiles our cruisers carry can also attack surface ships too? Neat huh? and they can engage beyond visual range.200 miles out or so.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
the Chinese play the long game and are very good at it.
if they are not stopped and stopped soon with this creep south across the south china sea
they WILL slowly take over the whole region.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Neither will the USA win...

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaking this story has gotten little coverage or comment in the MSM.

It would seem this would be a big splash story.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Freedom of Navigation. As long as they are not doing anything militarily to affect China's security they have every right to sail through those waters, just as Chinese warships have the right to sail through US waters whenever they want. They would be shadowed, just as the Chinese shadow US ships and aircraft, but we had every right to be there.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What few seem to realize is just how effectively China, or anyone else for that matter, could shut down those sealanes by militarizing those islands.

The US has done nothing to violate that treaty in this instance. China, on the other hand, has come perilously close to doing so.

UN Law of the Sea Treaty.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Dont mess with Trump or china will find it missing a few warships and planes

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Eat a fat one China, you lack grit anyways.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Reading your posts, a lot of the time you seem really angry. Until now I didn't understand why.

Cobbled with this absolute ass-blasting is who live in Illinois are going to receive (who actually work),

You live in Illinois, now it makes sense. For what it's worth, you have my sympathies. I moved out of Illinois 2 years ago, one of the best decisions I've ever made.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Neither will the USA win...

CHina will be on its own,and russia will not be willing to help them if the chinese strike first getting the rest of the UN to jump their bones.
Yeah cancel our debt by declaring war and instantly bankrupt your own country. please.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join