It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

there is more than one path

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
All these arguments whether God is within or without, whether there even is a god or only a universal self.

I don't know the ultimate answer but I think there is more than 1 path. There are at least 4 and I think they will all get you where you need to go.

sorry more coming

edit on 3-7-2017 by yughii because: (no reason given)

I meant to say more but I am having some problems with my computer crashing. I wanted to present the different paths that i ripped off from hinduism.
There is deity worship which is looked down on by your meditative and philosophical purists but I think gives you quicker results out of the gate and gives you a force multiplying effect because I think there really are benevolent but unseen deities that truly want to help you up. Christ, Holy Spirit but you know maybe Buddha or Krishna too. Thats not counting archangels etc. I know most people will think I am crazy or sacrilegious just throwing these names around regardless of religion. Well just try them yourself in sincerity and see

The meditative/philosophical purists: They think that truth is only within and that is the best way to get there. They may be right but I hear that this may take the longest time, waiting for enlightenment to dawn.

Esoteric techniques: This is known as the royal way and i think is a real gem. This way mixed with deity assistance is the best way in my opinion. Usually looked on as satanic by the more traditional and could indeed lead to bad places if you don't hold on tight to some benevolent Deity you can trust.

The way of selfless action: Like bodhichitta. Actually the most leverage you could ever have. Selfless action but who can attain it in this kali yuga?

I had some problems while trying to post this and my chi was scattered. I'm not sure it made the point I was trying to make

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: yughii

My question is If the universe is expanding, where is it going?

I think there are many paths to life and it's our choice.

Good thread.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NwoDedispU

My question is If the universe is expanding, where is it going? I think there are many paths to life and it's our choice.

Who knows exactly? I think you're right and only you can figure out which path is right for you

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I try to figure out my path but fail. I lost my 8 year old son. Evil Mom. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

The story of storytellers of the secret testimonials once said, salvation is achieved in the recognition of one's origin (the light) and one's destiny (the repose). And in order to return to his or her origin, the disciple must separate from the world by "stripping off" the garment of flesh and "passing by" corruptible human existence.

However other people will mislead:

Abiding in the midst of ignorance, thinking themselves wise and learned, fools go aimlessly hither and thither, like blind led by the blind. — Katha Upanishad

You will know the difference:

The difference between a saint and a hypocrite is that one lies for his religion, the other by it. — Minna Antrim

Do not let yourself be deceived by others:

When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land. — Desmond Tutu

Because in the end:

However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? — Buddha

You have a choice:

If I had to choose a religion, the sun as the universal giver of life would be my god. — Napoleon Bonaparte

I believe in mysticism, with an interior goal, and you are your own temple and your own priest. I don't believe anymore in religions, because you see today there are religious wars, prejudice, false morals, and the woman is despised. Religion is too old now; it's from another century, it's not for today. — Alejandro Jodorowsky

Superstition is to religion what astrology is to astronomy the mad daughter of a wise mother. These daughters have too long dominated the earth. — Voltaire

The Key is:

Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others. — Buddha

So I say to you, Ask and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you. — Jesus Christ

I was born poor and without religion, under a happy sky, feeling harmony, not hostility, in nature. I began not by feeling torn, but in plenitude. — Albert Camus

God did not intend religion to be an exercise club. — Naguib Mahfouz

This is the ending of the story telling storyteller:

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness. — Dalai Lama

Since many of you do not belong to the Catholic Church and others are non-believers, from the bottom of my heart I give this silent blessing to each and every one of you, respecting the conscience of each one of you but knowing that each one of you is a child of God. — Pope Francis

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
A path that leads where? Salvation, Righteousness, enlightment? You must first choose a destination before you choose a path...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
All these paths require one thing, Faith, and that is defined as.... strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof. And that is the hurdle to belief beyond a doubt, faith.

As Mulder said in the X Files... "I want to believe"
I struggle every day with this, but choose to believe, hoping a better existence exists, one with my creator. Home.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I meant to say more but I am having some problems with my computer crashing

A technique that I use when writing an extended piece is: Write the piece using a separate word processor or text editor. Save frequently. When satified open web browser, go to ATS, then copy/paste into appropriate reply window.

Having written that; I think I will follow my own advice and do so now.
(more later)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: yughii
I don't know the ultimate answer but I think there is more than 1 path.

The founder of CNN argued the same thing or promoted the same concept at the UN. These people have experience in telling people what they want to hear, that which tickles the ears (compare 2 Timothy 4:3,4):
Current events-The End of False Religion is imminent!
edit on 3-7-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Some religion are just different measuring points of the same thing.

The real difference is between duality driven dogmas and non dualistic thinking.

Non dualistic religions can live side by side each other without violence. The more corrupted a religion is towards duality the more need to disconnect it from the rest to not cause suffering. The Abrahamic religions have ideas of spiritual bigotry within them that corrupts the believers and create us vs them grouping. Critical thinking is the cure against these illogical ideas.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Text My question is If the universe is expanding, where is it going? I think there are many paths to life and it's our choice.

Unfortunately we do not have that answer. When you say expanding are you meaning creating? In order for expansion to be realized you must have creation. Even though it is space it is still being created. Some theorize that the Creator is still creating. In fact the latest answer to evolution is that the Creator is constantly creating and that evolution is simply the results of creating.

When you reread the bible does it teach that the Creator quit creating everything or does it say that the Creator simply rested on the seventh day of creating this world? The reason I ask is this.

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

I understand by this that the Creator rested from creating the terrestrial world but that He is creating in the celestial realm. By celestial realm I mean that the new heavens and new world will not be terrestrial substance in my understanding. Revelation describes this as being the celestial city of New Jerusalem but what the substance of New Jerusalem or new heaven and new world is, is not understood. In lite of this I have never heard of anyone who truly understands any of this.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I understand by this that the Creator rested from creating the terrestrial world but that He is creating in the celestial realm.

See John 5

16For this cause the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill him, because he did these things on the Sabbath. 17But Jesus answered them, "My Father is still working, so I am working, too."

18For this cause therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill him, because he not only broke the Sabbath, but also called God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

19Jesus therefore answered them, "Most certainly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing of himself, but what he sees the Father doing. For whatever things he does, these the Son also does likewise

According to the story, this was after a physical healing of a physical man in this physical terrestrial World.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

According to the story, this was after a physical healing of a physical man in this physical terrestrial World.

Good point. Never looked at this in that way. Thanks pthena ----------

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Speaking as a preChristian Gaelic Polytheist. Yes there are many different paths. Not all of them are the same. to me, there are as many paths, as their are Gods, and then a few more

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

If you are experiencing that kind of suffering you are already on your path. I am sorry for your loss.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula
A path that leads where? Salvation, Righteousness, enlightment? You must first choose a destination before you choose a path...

I see what you're saying. Like if you want salvation, find Jesus. If enlightenment then meditate. So i guess you're right in the sense that you should pick the path gives you what you're looking for.

I believe that the goal will all be the same at the end and we can't possibly understand what it is from our current perspective. So i think that defining the goal will only slow us down and distract us.

But like what you are saying, at the same time you have to have some sense of what your aiming for so as to seek out the proper channel. I try to let the truth be shown to me instead of the other way around. I guess its a balancing act.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
All these paths require one thing, Faith, and that is defined as.... strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof. And that is the hurdle to belief beyond a doubt, faith.

As Mulder said in the X Files... "I want to believe"
I struggle every day with this, but choose to believe, hoping a better existence exists, one with my creator. Home.

You are so right. That's the main thing in a nutshell. Couldn't agree more

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

A technique that I use when writing an extended piece is: Write the piece using a separate word processor or text editor. Save frequently. When satified open web browser, go to ATS, then copy/paste into appropriate reply window.

Having written that; I think I will follow my own advice and do so now.
(more later)

Advice taken!!

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

originally posted by: yughii
I don't know the ultimate answer but I think there is more than 1 path.

The founder of CNN argued the same thing or promoted the same concept at the UN. These people have experience in telling people what they want to hear, that which tickles the ears (compare 2 Timothy 4:3,4):
Current events-The End of False Religion is imminent!

First rule in looking for the truth: Dont' listen to cnn. Second rule: Don't listen to the UN.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Yes, but what about the Abrahamic relgions' upgrade called the new testament? Can you tell me Jesus was not a perfect example of lovingkindness? I agree that some people that practice Abrahamic religions do seem be kind of judgey at times and there were those crusades a thousand years ago, but still...

Just kidding around. I don't totally disagree with what you're saying.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join