It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never had emotion in dreams like this....visited my cat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well I'll start with some background. Two weeks ago my cat died. He was spoiled; slept on a pillow in my bed pushing me off of the mattress every single night, never bothered me. We got him and his brother when they were born from a stray that my parents feed a little over six years ago. I instantly bonded with him and have never had a cat like him. He would just dive at me and climb to my shoulders where he would sit for large stretches of time. He always just wanted to be near me. Two weeks ago, with no warning, he just awoke early in the morning and growled. Then he just went limp. It's been a quiet household since. We buried him back at my parents house where we originally got him and since then my wife wants a new kitten to join the other six year olds...I am not mentally there yet.

Last night was the dream that I experienced. I was with my father in law and someone else. We drove down a dirt road to a white house in the woods. It felt southern US in style. I alone walked to the front door where I was greeted by someone I do not know, an older woman. Her hand reached out taking my wallet. I handed it over and went into the house where I was completely alone. The rooms were strange seemingly in disarray. Walls were crumbling and out of order and the floors were not flat. I felt almost on a roller coaster moving through the hallways until I reached a white room.

The room was small and L shaped. There were two teenagers inside it sitting on benches that were built into the walls. They were not talking. I was confused trying to figure out what I was doing here. I do not experience lucid dreaming and have never known that I was dreaming while I was asleep. It was here that I saw my cat. It was a feeling of joy seemingly for both of us because he immediately jumped up onto me with all of his talkative nature. It was like I never knew he was dead. It all felt normal. I seemed to get the sensation that I was here to get him and immediately walked to the door and out into the yard before something seemed to tell me that this wasn't to be. I had to leave him. I didn't know why but I carried him back inside and set him down. I stayed for a bit before deciding I had to leave and got up knowing that I had to go alone.

It was when I got back to the car that things seemed to go strange. My father in law and his friend were calm and ready to go but they immediately asked if I had my wallet. It was odd but I went back for it and was told by the lady that it was upstairs. No matter how much I looked upstairs though I could only find other people's wallets all filled with old money. I wasn't panicking but I was moving fast looking harder but again and again couldn't find mine. It was then that the two teenagers started to talk to me. The one was choking and the other wanted my help but I couldn't move. The older one seemed to get upset and then proceeded to save his friend or sibling or whatever before looking at me. It seemed to me that he was saying just go. It was then that I woke up.

I'd say the only time I have gotten emotion from dreams was when my brother died but those were more like frustration from not being able to meet him at some location. This one was different. At least for me. I still at the end of the day feel the anger from not being able to take my cat with me even though no one said I couldn't. And I still feel that the wallet thing was different. Almost a sign in pass to something. It was the oddest dream that I have had in quite some years.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
its not always a dream when you...dream.

My mother and my aunt have lost dear pets and they say the dream where they see them again after they die is different. I believe it is your pet reaching out to you.

I dreamed about my dog almost a year after he died, but it did happen, i woke up so happy. it was different than a usual dream.

Perhaps he was telling you how he died? has that been bothering you? perhaps he choked and he wanted you to know?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I didn't think of it that way. I do not know what happened. That would blow my mind if that were the case....

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I had a dream when the cats that we had adopted in the past and have passed away were around me on my bed. One (who was pure white and very shy mature kitten/young cat) passed away due to a spinal lesion. He jumped down the steps of our house while playing and that was him gone. That seemed so unfair as we hadn't even known him for a week.

It was magical to see him again as well as all the others.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TacticalStats

Thanks for sharing. Its a dream so we go with it.

The dream I had of meeting one dog we owned, I was standing in a hallway and at the other end this white dog enters and made its way down the hall greeting people and wagging tail as it went. When it finally got to me it was displaying unusual affection, i thought what a strange encounter, I don't recognize him, why is he being so friendly? Then wham I saw it was my beagle, his usual brown black white coat had turned snow white.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
So sorry for your loss! I happen to believe that animals have souls; some have older souls (or more developed maybe?) than others, and that they move on just as we do. I have loved all of my cats and dogs immensely, and I'd like to believe that they have loved me. Maybe he was trying to tell you he was okay, and that you needed to let him go. The choking theory that Veracity posed is an interesting one - a warning perhaps? Something you recently bought caused him to choke, or he chewed on it and ingested part of it?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You clearly loved each other, you and the cat. And now the little thing wanted to meet you while you dream. He is in cat-afterlife now, but wanted to contact you in a dream world, because in real life, he no longer can.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss
..sometime we have an extra special bond with a pet beyond the norm.

I think he was there with you..or you went to him, but he's on a different plane, hence he could not return with you.
He is ok.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Thank you all. I have been putting some thought into this concept of one last visit with eachother and a message of what happened. It doesn't help right now but once I get through the process of dealing with the suddenness of his passing if the information of choking is true I'd rather know than not. I'm gonna head to sleep soon.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
lord ok Dream interpretation .
The house represents lose . seeing your cat you know its time to let it go and leave it behind the walte meens its time to pass it on to the next .
Its just your mid ecepting the fact your cat died and soon you will be getting a new one .
Sorry no ghost cats or dogs believe me I wish more then anyone there was .
times when I miss my dog the most is when she shows up as a ghost which meens my mind just want to see her so bad i imange her ghost .
( before you tell me it is her just how would she find my being i live 140 miles away from teh home i had when she was alive .
I do understand people need closer and when they dont get enough then you get OO but your cat dog is now in heaven .

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sounds like you visited your cat in some sort of holding area. In between.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I am glad that you were able to get even a small amount of closure; there is no greater pain than losing another being whom you love with all your heart. I have had similar experiences within dreams, and because of this my experience leads me to believe that there is much more to these phenomena and dreams in general than meets the eye - it could very well be a legitimate possibility that you met your cat within the dream.

Remember that those that have left this reality can always be reached if you search hard enough... as to whether or not you actually encounter their "spirit" or "soul" or if it is merely a fabrication of your own mind remains to be seen. But at the same time, if it is an uplifting experience, does the intrinsic quality of the foundation of that experience really matter?

Take care, and know that your cat wishes you nothing but the best.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

He missed you. Just cherish the visits and don't get caught up in the methods he used to communicate his love for you.

I know your loss of his company and loyalty hurts like hell. I have gone through the same pain with the passing of my doggies.

I am so sorry for your loss, but I will bet your cat friend will come again and again to say "Hi, I am fine, just checking on you."

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Cats are holy animals. Treat them with respect and become their friends, they will reward you.

When cats sleep they dream of times in Egypt.

I have two cats. Other attacks shadows and other sits on bags which have hearts.

new topics

top topics

join