It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT - Protect your right to vote. Contact your Secretary of State and Local Rep

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You might have heard about Trump's request for vital voter data about every voter from all 50 states. What you may not know is the information that's being requested. The administration is asking for:

- Name
- Birth date
- Partial social security number
- Party affiliation
- Address

Everyone should be alarmed about this Federal overreach. Until the administration tells the American people exactly how its going to use this data, and how it will be protected, there is no good reason for states to share.

Without knowing how the data will be used, we need to think about the worst-case scenarios, which could include:

- The federal authorities showing up at your front door to demand to see your papers (people with a Hispanic or middle-eastern sounding name should be especially alarmed, although anyone not registered GOP is at risk)
- Scrubbing your name from the state voter registration database if you share the same name with another person in your state
- Targeting certain regions or groups that aren't majority republican for voter suppression

Some states are already pushing back on this Federal overreach. My state, unfortunately, isn't one of them. Yet. If your state hasn't complied, please contact your secretary of state, representative and governors office and let them know that you don't want your personal information to be shared.

Our privacy and right to vote are at stake. So please call before the long weekend.

BTW - you can read more about this privacy intrusion here.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

I am absolutely fine with these requirements. Our privacy is F***** already, you are aiming at the smallest fish in the pond. I think this is a non issue.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
So, just lie and claim to be Gop.

Solved.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Russia hacked our elections, yet making sure we don't have people who shouldn't vote, vote isn't an issue?

edit on 30-6-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

I am absolutely fine with these requirements. Our privacy is F***** already, you are aiming at the smallest fish in the pond. I think this is a non issue.

Good for you. May your chains rest lightly on your shoulders.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
So, just lie and claim to be Gop.

Solved.

If you're in group targeted by this administration, that's a very good idea.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Question: is it possible to "De-Register", to get yourself OFF the voters rolls?

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

SO Trump makes the claim that millions of illegals voted, and he was laughed at. He might be crazy, so no issue there. But then, he and his admin try to gather factual information to either prove or disprove that theory and you have an issue with it? Hmmm, that seems a bit fishy. If you voted, and did so legally, they already have this data, they are just bringing it to the investigation. What exactly are you afraid of here?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Question: is it possible to "De-Register", to get yourself OFF the voters rolls?

I'm not sure, but would start by checking with your Secretary of State's office.

It may be too late because my guess is Trump may be looking for past and current information. We have no way to know because the administration is being secretive about this (beyond that they're collecting this data).

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

- The federal authorities showing up at your front door to demand to see your papers (people with a Hispanic or middle-eastern sounding name should be especially alarmed, although anyone not registered GOP is at risk)
- Scrubbing your name from the state voter registration database if you share the same name with another person in your state
- Targeting certain regions or groups that aren't majority republican for voter suppression

You just made all this stuff up. None of it is real. It came from your imagination. Good example of fake news.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

SO Trump makes the claim that millions of illegals voted, and he was laughed at. He might be crazy, so no issue there. But then, he and his admin try to gather factual information to either prove or disprove that theory and you have an issue with it? Hmmm, that seems a bit fishy. If you voted, and did so legally, they already have this data, they are just bringing it to the investigation. What exactly are you afraid of here?

Again, you should be alarmed if you're one of the demographic groups targeted by the Trump administration for increased scrutiny. It's fine if you're okay with this. I'm not.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Votes are meant to be private!

This is a disgusting breach of your rights!

Sure check up who voted to make sure they are real people but not who you voted for!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

- Name Romanoff Smirnoff Cowboyavich
- Birth date Oct 17, 1917
- Partial social security number к, л, м, н, п, р, с, т, ф, х, ц,
- Party affiliation Democrat
- Address c/o Hillary Clinton, 1600 Pensylvania Ave. Granny's Homeless Shelter

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

You just made all this stuff up. None of it is real. It came from your imagination. Good example of fake news.

Your selective quoting is deceptive. You left off this part:

"Without knowing how the data will be used, we need to think about the worst-case scenarios, which could include:"

The Trump administration is being secretive about its plans and approach. About the only thing we can do is speculate (on ATS, which is a home for us skeptics).

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Russia hacked our elections, yet making sure we don't have people who shouldn't vote, vote isn't an issue?

Sure check up who voted.

But the information on who voted for who should be confidential.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Again, you should be alarmed if you're one of the demographic groups targeted by the Trump administration for increased scrutiny. It's fine if you're okay with this. I'm not.

Do you mean like the, I voted and am an illegal alien group?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The Federal Govt already does this once every ten years. It's called the census.

Seems like exactly the same information is being asked for here, what is he hoping to find that the census didn't?

You aren't going to find "illegal voters" this way.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

These chains are heavy as a mofo, I'd rather take off the heavier chains first.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Apart from party affiliation, what is wrong with these requirements, I don't understand?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Votes are meant to be private!

This is a disgusting breach of your rights!

Sure check up who voted to make sure they are real people but not who you voted for!
No not a real person check up but check on only citizens voted. How exactly do you make certain that only those qualified to vote did vote without knowing who the person is that voted???

What person you voted for is absolutely private and no body is asking about that.

edit on 30-6-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join