It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel and the Mandela Effect

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Call me crazy but I think it's not only possible but probable that time travel experiments are actually happening and probably have been for many years. The suspected Mandela Effect Theory could be an actual reality if time travel has been realized. If the experiments were quick jaunts into the past to determine whether or not a future reality could be altered it would make sense in the early stages to attempt to change trivial, barely noticeable things and record the effects. What worries me is if and when larger changes would be attempted.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatever08152
- why is 1 / 3 = 0,33333333 and 3 x 1/3 = 1 but 3 x 0,3333333 is only 0,999999 where is the 0,000000...1 (somewhere on my keyboard is probably a sign for an endlessly repeating number but I have no clue where ...)

P.S.: Now the madella effect does not let me see my editet posts and shows just an empty screen afterwards .... *X-Files-Theme*

Ah yes. floating point arithmetic. If you have a problem that you think might be solved with floating point arithmetic, just stop. Or you'll just end up with 1.99999957324 problems.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Does interdimensional communication count as time travel, aka sending messages back in time?

Combine remote viewing and telepathy and well, yea.

The thing about the mandela effect is that our memory is indeed fallible and incomplete.

We barely remember a lot of our lives, let alone memory of our other "selves" from alternative Universes.

edit on 29-6-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Love this thread! All time is happening now

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Im not even joking when I type this...

I totally thought there was a Madela effect forum

I remember it being in the mysterious subjects section and the forum badge was similiar to the Obama oine with Madelas face/head.

Im not trying to make a joke here, I thought there was literally a forum for it here filled with all the different mandela effects

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I don't know what the Mandela effect is, but I'm getting it daily, along with deja vu's. Can't be nothing if half the planet is experiencing it. Somethings going on and we're in the dark about it.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Will you post where you remember it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm trying to get a ME forum started - where you remember it being sounds like a good idea..

..and the idea needs all the "votes" it can get.

I wish more Effected people would speak up in general.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Great idea. People are seeing weird F ever day and a forum for it would put into one area rather than all over ATS.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

While an interesting discovery, I'm not convinced it eliminates the possibility of backwards time travel beyond a completely stiff, linear structure (of time and space).

If dealing with typical frames of reference, you could create a loop that curves back in on itself where time would not run "backwards" even though the end position may be at a prior frame of reference. On a highway cloverleaf or round-a-bout, you are always heading forward but you can arrive at positions that are "before" your starting position all the same.

Obviously not quite the same.. but conceivably, in the right structure, one could still travel before their frame of reference without anything ever actually flowing backwards.
edit on 29-6-2017 by Serdgiam because: Meh

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Time travel, that's a different story. If you believe in Time Travel but not in this Mandela Phenomena people all over are experiencing then you're a hypocrite in my book. Why? Because neither one are proven!

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DramaKing

That's arguable, we certainly travel through time.. its just a question of whether or not we can "toy" with it beyond relativistic shenanigans like going really fast while another subject(s) is not. We are time traveling right now though. So, there is that, even if its not quite the sci-fi take on things.

The thread itself is about time travel and ME, so while it may be a different story, it might be fun to weave them together.

I believe the Mandela Effect is a real thing, but I am not certain as to what that actually means.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: DramaKing

That's arguable, we certainly travel through time.. its just a question of whether or not we can "toy" with it beyond relativistic shenanigans like going really fast while another subject(s) is not. We are time traveling right now though. So, there is that, even if its not quite the sci-fi take on things.

The thread itself is about time travel and ME, so while it may be a different story, it might be fun to weave them together.

I believe the Mandela Effect is a real thing, but I am not certain as to what that actually means.

I don't think any of us know that yet...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

I am a great "fan" of the double slit experiment ...can you elaborate on that pls? Is this different from the "normal" double slit experiment and the wave function collapse? I am kinda confused here as I don´t see how this this can show the possibility of backwards time travel - or time travel in general.

I am aware of superpositions and that the more you want to pin down something in place the more it will evade you in time and vice versa but I always though that this is only the conclusion out of the reversed equation and probably never really understood it completely - but is that what you ment?

And pls give some irrefutable examples of the mandela effect if you are so sure about it (don´t want to sound hostile or something - this is a very interessting topic)

So if you put the Observer at a point past the double slit when the particle becomes a wave it's as though it's always been a wave. It was a particle - but observing it past the slit indicates it was always a wave (since the beginning of time). This is another hard concept to explain (for me anyway) - but it's proven (and lends credence to the ME).

Thanks for saying that wasn't hostile. I don't have irrefutable proof - no one does. I am so sure about it because it affects things that have been around me for years. Speaking of the power of observation - I'm starting to wonder if folks that are "Effected" generally pay more attention to the things around them - where the "Uneffected" just let the world pass by as is with their own understanding of what reality should be.

This is what i'm thinking. I am always watching and aware and my husband just "let's things happen" while i try to change everything i can.

I started noticing the numbers lining up in 2014, since then i've seen my realities shifting and wonder how many of those aware of the MEs notice other syncronicities like that.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: thegeneraldisarray
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

I thought about that... wondered if all the hard copies changed as well... in the case of star wars surely there's original action figures in someone's private collection that can provide proof? Problem is that if the ME is a real phenomenon even the figures will change and there'll be no proof.

Paradox!

I think you might like a Dean Koontz book called Lightning. I just got done reading it. Your last exclamation seems to indicate perhaps you already have

Never read Koontz but he's on my reading list. I'll move that book to the top! Thanks

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I like this concept, it's interesting to me. My Dad was just talking about it the other day and said, what's with these strange occurances?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I'm happy to hear people chiming in on this line of thought!

I'm one of those people that are very aware of my surroundings and I do believe this may be one of the keys at least.

I have been having a bunch of little time glitches myself lately. Seeing as the job I have keeps me aware of the time and distance and it very noticeable.

Back in 2014 I had a very factual thing happen to me concerning a mole on my neck I have had all my life front and center. To notice it just missing all the sudden over night for a week or so, talk to the wife and roommate about it as it was a bit distressing, to having it reappear and they have no recollection of the conversation at all, well, what do you say to that?

I'm off to work now, but looking forward to maybe more personal stories too along with the theories.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Satan gives you selective hearing and selective memory.

Admitting to Mandela Experience is admitting Satanic possession.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
I'm happy to hear people chiming in on this line of thought!

I'm one of those people that are very aware of my surroundings and I do believe this may be one of the keys at least.

I have been having a bunch of little time glitches myself lately. Seeing as the job I have keeps me aware of the time and distance and it very noticeable.

Back in 2014 I had a very factual thing happen to me concerning a mole on my neck I have had all my life front and center. To notice it just missing all the sudden over night for a week or so, talk to the wife and roommate about it as it was a bit distressing, to having it reappear and they have no recollection of the conversation at all, well, what do you say to that?

I'm off to work now, but looking forward to maybe more personal stories too along with the theories.

I have had my own time glitches. One of the most notable was Christmas 2009. I was living in Missouri with my fiance at the time. He had bought me the Twilight series and i was in our room reading while he was in the living room with two of his buddies drinking. I got tired so i went out and said goodnight to everyone and let them know i was going to bed. It was 11:00pm when i looked at the clock just before lying down. I fell sleep promptly and woke up feeling well rested. I looked at the clock and it said 10:30pm and i was thinking "oh my gosh! I slept a whole day!" I rushed out to the living room in a panic wondering how i'd slept so long and i saw my fiance and his buddies still talking and drinking. This puzzled me so i asked them what day it was. They gave me a strange look and said it's Christmas just as it's been all day. I asked them how long i'd been asleep and i got strange looks again. They said that they were unaware of my having laid down to sleep at all. I had told them about having said goodnight to them earlier but they had no recollection of it and asked me if i was feeling ok. I let it drop at that point and went back to our bedroom completely baffled. While it's not the first time i'd had weird issues with time, it had been the first time I'd ever gained it.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBangWasAnEcho
Satan gives you selective hearing and selective memory.

Admitting to Mandela Experience is admitting Satanic possession.

If you're married then i'm sure your spouse would be complaining about Satan's influence over you on a daily basis.

I don't know any human alive who doesn't experience selective memory/hearing on a regular basis.

The ME isn't evil it just exists... calling it satanic possession makes as much sense as walking into a garage and claiming that you're a Cadillac.

There's no evidence beyond awareness that the ME exists. To blame Satan for it is giving him far too much power. According to Job Satan answers to God. Don't give him God's powers.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Math and science are all theories. Mathematical formulas don't equate to reality, they're just numbers which can be manipulated to suit the agenda or hidden if desired.

That's so untrue it's not even funny. Math is the language in which our universe is written and functions. The laws of Gravity for example aren't just made up, they can't be manipulated by just any mathematician with an axe to grind.

Ok ...as a rather simple minded person that never liked math that much can I ask you :

- Isn´t basically all math just axioms

aaaaaaand

- why is 1 / 3 = 0,33333333 and 3 x 1/3 = 1 but 3 x 0,3333333 is only 0,999999 where is the 0,000000...1 (somewhere on my keyboard is probably a sign for an endlessly repeating number but I have no clue where ...)

FYI: if you want to denote "0.999 forever" you can just let three dots follow like this "0.999... "

(Yes, this seems a bit off topic, but it is relevant to your argument and to your understanding, so bear with me)

Anyway, you are right, all math follow from the underlying axioms.
And actually, those axioms dictate that 0.999... is the same as 1.

Simple proof: Let x have the value of 0.999...

x = 0.999...
10 x = 9.999...
10 x = 9 + 0.999...
10 x = 9 + x
9 x = 9
x=1

0.999... = 1

I hate it, but there is no way around it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join