It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect Forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Can the Mandela Effect have it's own forum?

Having ME threads mixed into Skunk Works makes it hard to research the ME topic.

I understand if it fits into the Skunk Work mantra "outlandish and extreme speculative conspiracy theory ideas" - but so do a lot of other "conspiracies" - and they have their own forums.

Consider it would also make it easier for the Naysayers to sort ME threads for responding.

When I think of Skunk Works, I think of threads like: "I invented a time machine in my basement and it works!" etc. So multiple similar one-offs fit there..

..But there are tons of ME threads - all fitting one general topic line and one general category. It would seem to make sense to have them in one spot.

Aside from that, there are points of physics that lend credence to the possibility of the ME occurring, so it's not as "far out" as one might imagine.

Also, I believe there are more "Effected" people that are to shy to post their experience because it's in a forum like Skunk Works. Their experience might be trivial - but it might not be, which may be valuable to research. Who knows?

Can anyone else think of good reasons to put ME threads into their own forum?

At the time of writing this post, there are 15 ME threads visible on the Skunk Works start page alone (and tons more going back).

I expect this thread to fill with ridicule and at least the first few pages with tons of posts generally saying "it's not real" - but there's a whole lot of people that don't agree and think it is real.

I'd really like to hear from those that make decisions here. Can the ME have it's own forum? If not, why is it a bad idea?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
how about NO
mnadela effect is an joke,its true place is in the LOL forum

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I am pretty sure there already was a mandela effect forum?

link   
How bout a forum that explains how memory transcription works.

link   
I'm kind of glad you presented this idea because I had a heck of a time trying to figure out where to place my post this morning. I felt it had a touch of science and a combination of other things that could have landed it in different forums.

I agree it should be a little more consolidated. I think my post has been opening up some new doors of discussion about the why and possibilities of what it may be. We've already seen the videos of the examples of it. Time to start getting into the nitty gritty of it.

It would be great to hear from some members that have personal expierence with it. Their stories may have some clues.

Fingers crossed my friend!

edit on 6/29/17 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

...I saw what you did there......

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Technically, there already is a forum for that subject. It's called

The Gray Area

Forum Description:

The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

By nature, The Gray Area tends to involve unproven claims and anecdotal testimony that may arouse skepticism in some members.

As always, skepticism is fine, but only when expressed in accordance with the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

In particular, Courtesy Is Mandatory. Insults, ridicule, harassment, abuse and similar behavior constitute a direct attack on what this forum is intended for, and will be treated accordingly.

Members unable to politely discuss unusual, unproven or unorthodox subjects should avoid this forum.

ME threads clearly fall under here for the most part as they tend to be personal experiences of people with no proof and is of a highly speculative nature.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 6/29/2017 by eriktheawful because: Added a mod box

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
There already is one. I believe it's called the ATS Skunk Works.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Yes but it was called the Mandala effect...After Neilson Mandala, before they mucked with time and changed his name to Nelson Mandela?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Ummm....no.

I understand that you have a keen interest in this topic. Many of us have keen interests in a variety of topics. But that doesn't mean that they merit their own forum.

Gray Area seems right to me...

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1

...I saw what you did there......

No. You just thought you did!

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
How bout a forum that explains how memory transcription works.
And a simple explanation on typos

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Disregard, issues posting
edit on 6/29/2017 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So no official reason to not have an ME Forum?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

Pretty sure this is it.

Technically, there already is a forum for that subject. It's called The Gray Area Forum Description: The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large. By nature, The Gray Area tends to involve unproven claims and anecdotal testimony that may arouse skepticism in some members. As always, skepticism is fine, but only when expressed in accordance with the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use. In particular, Courtesy Is Mandatory. Insults, ridicule, harassment, abuse and similar behavior constitute a direct attack on what this forum is intended for, and will be treated accordingly. Members unable to politely discuss unusual, unproven or unorthodox subjects should avoid this forum. ME threads clearly fall under here for the most part as they tend to be personal experiences of people with no proof and is of a highly speculative nature.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

As the person above me pointed out, a moderator already posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Technically what I posted is my opinion as a fellow member (I'll go add a box to state that after I post this).

Only Owners and Admin can make official policy, etc here.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Gotcha.

I was thinking that right after I posted it, but didn't want to go back and edit my error out.

It would be great for the ME to have it's own little forum, it would keep all of those posts neatly tucked away from the main forums where we don't have to stumble across them.

However, you just have to go through this section and see all the dedicated forum sections people want, and the fact that they will not be added.

Does the ME have enough mention, popularity, and member take in to have its own section over all of the other sections that members want?
edit on 29-6-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Added + Fixed

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

I would not hold your breath on it.

Adding a forum here to ATS is not easy task. First, only the owner SkepticOverlord can do it. The ATS discussion board software is his baby, and not some 3rd party software where you just click a button and presto it's there.

Adding another forum: We already have 103 forums here on ATS. That's a lot. There has to be a really good justification for adding to that. It becomes yet another forum that staff has to watch and is assigned to certain staff.

One good justification would be the amount of threads and traffic created on that subject. However, ME threads are not really that numerous, nor do they generate that much traffic compared to a lot of other forum subjects.

IMHO the best thing to do is to keep the subject in a single forum that already exists (IE Gray Area or Skunk Works), that way someone trying to find a thread on the subject knows that it will be in one of those two forums.

Again, just my opinion. Owners and admin have the final say on it. However, don't expect action/reaction right away. The Pets Forum took years for the members to get.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Technically, there already is a forum for that subject. It's called

The Gray Area

Forum Description:

The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

By nature, The Gray Area tends to involve unproven claims and anecdotal testimony that may arouse skepticism in some members.

As always, skepticism is fine, but only when expressed in accordance with the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

In particular, Courtesy Is Mandatory. Insults, ridicule, harassment, abuse and similar behavior constitute a direct attack on what this forum is intended for, and will be treated accordingly.

Members unable to politely discuss unusual, unproven or unorthodox subjects should avoid this forum.

ME threads clearly fall under here for the most part as they tend to be personal experiences of people with no proof and is of a highly speculative nature.

But the mods move the ME threads to skunkworks not the gray area.

top topics

join