It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Became Flesh, And Dwelt Among Us.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

"In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever."

"Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near."

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God. For many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you will know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming, and is already in the world at this time.

Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

For if someone comes and proclaims a Jesus other than the One we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit than the One you received, or a different gospel than the one you accepted, you put up with it way too easily.

For we are to God the sweet aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one, we are an odor of death and demise; to the other, a fragrance that brings life. And who is qualified for such a task? For we are not like so many others, who peddle the word of God for profit.

Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone's conscience in the sight of God.

Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.

Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”

“See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.

“As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the Lord, “so will your name and descendants endure.

“Friends, why are you doing this? We too are only human, like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made the heavens and the earth and the sea and everything in them."

But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

“Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’

For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the Second Death.

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. ..."

“Then the trees said to the vine, ‘Come and be our king.’

“But the vine answered, ‘Should I give up my wine, which cheers both gods and humans, to hold sway over the trees?’

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.

This is my command: Love each other.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’

When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me. And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.

Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”

God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”

Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham, “Father?” “Yes, my son?” Abraham replied. “The fire and wood are here,” Isaac said, “but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?”

“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

In a loud voice they were saying: “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!”

All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.

So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

link   
Let all creation rejoice before the Lord, for he comes, he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in his faithfulness.

So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet: “I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter things hidden since the creation of the world.”

He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

“Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed.

that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

See what large letters I use as I write to you with my own hand!

Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation.

Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.

He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

link   
Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

For a son dishonors his father, a daughter rises up against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— a man’s enemies are the members of his own household.

In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. ----

But if they do not listen, they will perish by the sword and die without knowledge.

“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

What did he mean when he said, ‘You will look for me, but you will not find me,’ and ‘Where I am, you cannot come’?”

This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.

I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and the one who is wise saves lives."

“If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?”

''I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death.

All wrongdoing is sin, and there is sin that does not lead to death.

What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

"for all the firstborn are mine. When I struck down all the firstborn in Egypt, I set apart for myself every firstborn in Israel, whether human or animal. They are to be mine. I am the Lord.”

Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
You don´t expect me to read that, or do you?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatever08152
You don´t expect me to read that, or do you?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

I guess I will just take my chances then.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
all of the above are my most favorite bible quotes and i thought i would share them in a sequence that told a message.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
S&F

However misguided

you clearly put some work into this thread

and there's love

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
If you're gonna quote this much Bible you could at least use the KJV.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Unfortunately it's all just gibberish if you don't explain it clearly

Mankind is evil, for his crimes he will be punished
God has chosen Jesus to take our punishment because He loves us

All He asks in return is that we love Him and others the way Jesus loved this world, even those who committed evil

Superman died for good people, Jesus died for good and bad people. No laws anymore only love one another, live love as it is, a verb, a doing thing.

No rules, just love each other.

Also remember these words are spoken to the followers of Jesus, it's not the worlds laws

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Josephus

i prefer the NIV, i believe it is a more modern day translation the book i use is called the new american bible and the jesus bible.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

"In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever."

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God. For many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you will know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming, and is already in the world at this time.

Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

To be honest I didn't read the bits I deleted. I liked parts of it to the creation almighty thingy that's just spamming.
How would you know that?
God obviously makes mistakes, as proven by the state of affairs, globally.
But the creation is perfect. God is not "the universe" important to know, because it is a "popular mistake" people make, a misconception, misconnection, because in "not updated minds" their programme runs on a different version of reality than what's the true status quo.
The world sucks. But god is real.
These two sentences only go together if god is not perfect.
But the fact I can understand that enlightens me to the real revelation,
it's trying to do good.
But has a strong opponent on the very only point it can communicate with us,
the things that make us "animals", also make us
"servants".

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

But it would be the farthest from the source.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Old English is so unrelatable, why would anyone bother with it today

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

To be honest I didn't read the bits I deleted. I liked parts of it to the creation almighty thingy that's just spamming.
How would you know that?
God obviously makes mistakes, as proven by the state of affairs, globally.
But the creation is perfect. God is not "the universe" important to know, because it is a "popular mistake" people make, a misconception, misconnection, because in "not updated minds" their programme runs on a different version of reality than what's the true status quo.
The world sucks. But god is real.
These two sentences only go together if god is not perfect.
But the fact I can understand that enlightens me to the real revelation,
it's trying to do good.
But has a strong opponent on the very only point it can communicate with us,
the things that make us "animals", also make us
"servants".

We cant blame god for the state of the world, he has been behind the scenes since the beginning of time to bring about his master plan.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

i prefer the NIV, i believe it is a more modern day translation the book i use is called the new american bible and the jesus bible.

I think the modern translation is more like "this is mostly bullpuckey", but I like that it's from a kind place in you and that has to count for something

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The bible became flesh?

SHOOT IT, IT MIGHT BE GOOD EATIN'

pew pew

Damn the wall of text in 245 posts in a row caught my bullets..

back to holy mackeral for me..

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

I bet a desert eagle still goes through

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatever08152

originally posted by: badw0lf

I bet a desert eagle still goes through

top topics

<<   2 >>

join