It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS restores Trump's travel ban on Thursday after clearance from SCOTUS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
With one exception. People who have close ties to families in the US are allowed to come in. Essentially a full restoration for all intents and purposes.

In lifting the injunctions lower courts placed on the ban, the Supreme Court said it "may not be enforced against foreign nationals who have a credible claim of a bona fide relationship with a person or entity in the United States."

"The implementation of the executive order will be done professionally, with clear and sufficient public notice, particularly to potentially affected travelers, and in coordination with partners in the travel industry," DHS said in the Monday statement.

www.businessinsider.com...

Personally, I think the ban should be kept on Syria and lifted off Iran. Iran is a major player in the fight against terrorism.
edit on 28-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
With one exception. People who have close ties to families in the US are allowed to come in. Essentially a full restoration for all intents and purposes.

In lifting the injunctions lower courts placed on the ban, the Supreme Court said it "may not be enforced against foreign nationals who have a credible claim of a bona fide relationship with a person or entity in the United States."

"The implementation of the executive order will be done professionally, with clear and sufficient public notice, particularly to potentially affected travelers, and in coordination with partners in the travel industry," DHS said in the Monday statement.

Personally, I think the ban should be kept on Syria and lifted off Iran. Iran is a major player in the fight against terrorism.

Hmmm, what about Hamas and Hezbollah? Sorry, but Iran is a major player backing Syria. No way they get off after the number of dead American servicemen from IEDs built and transported from Iran to Iraq...NEVER.
edit on 28-6-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Good. I wish it would extend to a few other countries as well....Tunisia being a top choice.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Good. I wish it would extend to a few other countries as well....Tunisia being a top choice.

It needs to extend to places like Germany, Belgium, France, Sweden and the UK these days.. that's the problem, but you have to start somewhere I guess.
edit on 28/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Neither ever attack westerners. Hamas is restricted to Palestine. Hezbolallah is a major ally against salafists.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Was this a surprise?

No of course not.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

So, according to the left the Scotus is unconstitutional and hates all Muslims.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Those judges that blocked the ban should be removed from the bench.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Neither ever attack westerners. Hamas is restricted to Palestine. Hezbolallah is a major ally against salafists.

I thought this was common knowledge www.cnsnews.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Any Protesting going on like last time ?

Or are they all-of-a-sudden relying on a SCOTUS ruling ?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

We dont have diplomatic relations with Iran so their nationals coming to the US are already heavily screened.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Great, after 150 days of doing nothing, we have a 120 day plan in place, which only existed to develop better vetting procedures for a permanent plan.

Still no indication any of those are there. Meanwhile, this Trump ban will expire before Halloween. Or if this going to be one of those rolling temprary but really permanent pieces of emergency legislation like the Patriot Act?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The reason Trump did this was because he said he was going to.

Which I respect.

You cannot put a better vetting system in place they are coming from failed states and they know this.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults
The plan I think will be to make the ban permanent, and hey, why not. Does the USA wish to be like the EU and be over run with migrants?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Doesn't seem to matter what the people of the EU want, the migrants will be forced upon them.

Most Europeans want immigration ban from Muslim-majority countries, poll reveals

www.independent.co.uk... html

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Actually they have attacked westerners in Israel before.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Really? Link on that one please. I'd say given the 'latitude' that Obama showed Iran that it seems unlikely.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The ban remains in place as long as Syria remains in war. We don't want them coming to America to turn America into a war zone.

edit on 28-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

top topics

join