It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Time Magazine cover of Trump.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: Jefferton

Clearly he wanted to know, lay off. How many STUPID Hillary Clinton threads are there???? Hell I think there is one about her spitting something into a glass(it was a cough drop back when she had Pneumonia) then we had the "does Hillary wear diapers thread" I don't know there were an awful lot of REALLY stupid ones!!!

If you didn't like the thread why did you read it, and take time to respond? Just to make the OP feel bad??

I was just giving MY opinion, don't have a seizure.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

No because when you have 14 covers on TI me Magazine a fake one getting through I snt a big deal.

Some Interior decorator made a mistake . Trump dIdnt make that wall.
edit on 6/28/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The narcissistic illness that is Trump. He thinks that he can just invent real life.

TIME should sue him for using their likeness without proper permission.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Time asks Trump to take down fake magazine covers
Trump certainly doesn't have Time Magazine's permission to do this.

I'm not really sure they can honestly ask him to do this though. Unless he is making the case that THAT image is the one that he is claiming IS the cover he was on and not an attempt at humor. It just doesn't sound like something that is enforceable.

You are NOT this dense.

He should remove it simply because he is using their likeness. And if it didn't matter that it is TIME then why did he use it at all?

That is like me using using your personal likeness to support my agenda. Would you NOT be upset, especially if you don't necessarily support my ideology?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: kurthall

No because when you have 14 covers on TI me Magazine a fake one getting through I snt a big deal.

Some Interior decorator made a mistake . Trump dIdnt make that wall.

Hey I was just going to say that.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: cry93
The narcissistic illness that is Trump. He thinks that he can just invent real life.

TIME should sue him for using their likeness without proper permission.

He has been on the cover multiple times, I doubt a fake one was much of an ego boost, may be some inside joke for all we know,

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

No, he is trying to divert attention while attacking the news media. So yes, an inside joke that some outsiders are even calling BS.

I know that I will not excuse this as a non-ego boost. Trump is mentally ill and all of the world knows it. They are laughing at Russia and the 34% that supports him.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I wonder who created the Time cover, maybe the same person that did Obama's birth certificate.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The fact this is a big deal to some is beyond rational belief.
Well, it should be.
We are dealing with irrational liberals who are frantically grasping at straws, because liberal lies are being exposed.

I wonder what they will come up with next.

edit on 2017-06-28T20:14:45-05:002201728America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: cry93

You are NOT this dense.

Well, truth be told, I can be pretty dense. But with respect to how I meant it, many people use likenesses of various publications with their own images superimposed on the cover and hang them in their homes or business as a joke. While I don't think this is what Donald Trump was doing, it would be hard to prove in court that it wasn't his intention. So basically, my point was why be overly litigious when the outcome would likely be a waste of time.

He should remove it simply because he is using their likeness. And if it didn't matter that it is TIME then why did he use it at all?

Well, ok, I think he should remove it too, simply to make a statement, kind of a "ok fine, ya see? no more Time Magazine nonsense", but I don't think he can be forced to (I was being very specific about enforceability) as it's not being touted as what it appears to be. Now if he goes full on stupid and starts pointing to it and proclaiming "see me on Time's cover?!?! covfefe", then absolutely force him to remove it, and Time should sue him.

That is like me using using your personal likeness to support my agenda. Would you NOT be upset, especially if you don't necessarily support my ideology?

Well, I as an individual have different rights than what is in the public domain and what LLC's and Corporations have. My individual rights would be able to sue you for that and actually win. But likely I *wouldn't* even make the attempt if it was a joke you kept in your house.... if you started making a public agenda (which I haven't seen yet from President Trump) then all bets are off and I would sue you.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001but Trump's use is clearly fraudulent.

Maybe this is why I'm "dense" and having trouble with it, how is he clearly doing that? I mean, ive seen the photograph, and I see that his image is superimposed on the layout, but has Trump actually argued that it WAS that particular image and cover that is his debut on Time? Has he even responded to any of this yet?

Regretfully, I'm wildly out of touch on this topic and I truly don't know.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish
a reply to: dreamingawake

I don't think he signed the "fake" Time magazine cover that he hung in his clubs.

The one depicted in your source linked article is a different and probably real issue of Time and the article itself doesn't say anything about signing the fake.

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Took two seconds to look this up.
He signed the fake Time cover, that's all one really needs to know. When has trump not been an ego?

Beware of the pretty pictures - they might lie.
That is not the cover in question.

The article does not mention him signing the real fake cover, but the picture sure suggest that!

Yeah I know it wasn't the one hanging up, etc. LOL
He DID sign the "deal with it" cover though. As that was also a fake one that he was waving around after elected.

Ah, guess you didn't see I was having a go at his ego.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Who really cares about this?

Thank-you. I see by the number of stars you received that this thread isn't worth reading through.

Moving on, after awarding you another star.

Thanks again, Jefferton!

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

In a series of tweets Thursday morning, the president went after Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough, who have criticized Trump on their MSNBC show “Morning Joe.” “I heard poorly rated @Morning Joe speaks badly of me (don’t watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came ... to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year’s Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!”

On Morning Joe, Mika and Joe were mocking Trump for his fake Time cover. That is what apparently set him off. This may need a thread of its own. But damn, he is the President, he should be above the personal public insults on Twitter. These are all official white house tweets now.

apnews.com...
edit on 29-6-2017 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join